Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: The Tea Partyâ„¢
Let him die!!! Yeah! YEAAAHHHH!!!!! 21 55.26%
Universal Healthcare 17 44.74%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 05:42 PM

42 posts, read 86,080 times

Advertisements

I find the tea party/republicans to be such...ghouls. They are doing alright. They overcame whatever therefore there is no excuse why anyone else can't also. They always have the attitude that everyone unemployed is lazy. That those people should just accept ANY job. Fine. But often "ANY' job comes without benefits. And those same people then have the "let them die" mentality. Just the most cold-hearted people ever. I can just never understand how so many people can lack just simple empathy.

Try living with Crohn's Disease. An auto immune disorder that's not derived from any kind of certain "lifestyle". No private insurance company will touch you. It's often difficult for some people to even hold a job with it. And unless you work for some very large company, you will probably have a hard time getting most plans to cover much of your treatment. Expensive treatment. For the rest of your life. And it's not a "fashionable" disorder that gets a lot of attention so not a lot of resources for it. Not to mention it's a "You don't look sick" disorder. It's easy to get buried in medical bills even on "payment plans" and sometimes even if you have insurance or assistance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2011, 06:00 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
^^I agree. Such glib answers, and an answer for everything.

Old 09-16-2011, 06:13 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,608,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I'm against the uninsured getting sick or injured.
You are a shirker on this one, momonkey, in terms of compassion! I am against people dying at all. I think we need to summonl God/Nature before a congressional committee to explain this travesty.

Last edited by TexasReb; 09-16-2011 at 06:22 PM..

Old 09-16-2011, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
^^I agree. Such glib answers, and an answer for everything.
What are your answers to it all? If I were diagnosed with, say, bone cancer, tomorow, could I count on you to assist me in paying my medical bills? Since you seem to think "society" should...I expect you would do the same in a way that sets an example.

As it is, I don't have it...but I know someone who does. Will you send a check to assist?

The libs just love being compassionate in the abstract, when it doesn't actually cost them any money nor personal inconvienence.

Old 09-16-2011, 06:23 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,248,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
And if it's a chronic condition?

It's funny you think 'charity' will cover people. Charities only pick people that are good for PR. I know, I'm on two medical charity committees.
Interesting, but I believe you.

Old 09-16-2011, 06:27 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
What are your answers to it all? If I were diagnosed with, say, bone cancer, tomorow, could I count on you to assist me in paying my medical bills? Since you seem to think "society" should...I expect you would do the same in a way that sets an example.

As it is, I don't have it...but I know someone who does. Will you send a check to assist?

The libs just love being compassionate in the abstract, when it doesn't actually cost them any money nor personal inconvienence.
Cut the sarcasm, pal.

The one on one stuff is what the Libertarians want. Find someone who is "deserving" and help them. Screw everyone else. Put the onus of the burden on the sick person to find a benefactor.

You are way off base to accuse me of not doing anything for anyone. You know nothing about me or my charitable giving.

Old 09-16-2011, 06:28 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,248,373 times
Let me see if I have this straight. Before the Affordable Care Act became law, the wingnuts were screaming like banshees about the so called death panels. Do you not admit that?

Now you are screaming "let UM die".

Retarded Republicans. That's all I choose to say.

Old 09-16-2011, 06:36 PM

306 posts, read 603,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
First of all, do you work at all? If so, what are your marketable skills that entitle you to more than what your present employer is willing to pay beyond the minimum wage, or whatever you make?

On the other hand, if you are of a professional capacity, what are your credentials to determine what an employer should pay an employee? If so, then, please outline the scale.

Bottom line, do you work? Do you, or have you ever then or now, owned a business and actually given people work and a chance to rise?
yes,yes,yes and quite frankly im tired of trying to further my $education$ as we need that reformed too. Tea baggers are not in touch with real working people. I've dropped out of the private sector because my hard work was making a tea bagger richer,and every year or so our insurance would rise not the wages.

Old 09-16-2011, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Cut the sarcasm, pal.

The one on one stuff is what the Libertarians want. Find someone who is "deserving" and help them. Screw everyone else. Put the onus of the burden on the sick person to find a benefactor.

You are way off base to accuse me of not doing anything for anyone. You know nothing about me or my charitable giving.
Let me make something very clear to you, Katiana (in addition to the fact that I am not much intimidated by your sharpness). I will "cut the sarcasm" when you cut the typical liberal hyperbole. If you expect society/government to pay, then I expect you believe in it to the extent you make contributions of your own.

Uhhh, I never once "accused" you of not making contributions. Show me where I did? In fact, I will refrain from saying anything further until you can show me where I accused you of not giving/doing anything for anyone. Please elaborate a bit on your drama.

You show me THAT -- or else admit your own accusation is false -- and we can continue, and just chalk it up as a misunderstanding of intent/terms...

Old 09-16-2011, 08:30 PM

2,226 posts, read 2,103,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I don't have a problem with the indigent/elderly/mentally ill/disabled or veteran receiving taxpayer benefits.

I also don't have a problem with there being a nationwide HMO-type program where people pay a monthly fee for basic "wellness" healthcare.

Pharmaceutical companies should bear a percentage of the cost for providing medicines for the indigent/elderly.

Health Insurance companies should also be charged to provide basic healthcare insurance for people at a modest cost.

The reality is:

Spoiler
People get sick. Some get sick and die. That's life. Doesn't mean my taxes have to go to pay for a platoon of pregnant illegals and their spawn. Doesn't mean my taxes have to go toward paying for bariatric surgery for obese people who should have been healthier in their food choices. Doesn't mean I should pay for drug treatment/rehab for people with addiction problems. Doesn't mean I should subsidize orthodontics for poor people. Healthcare isn't a "right" people aren't "entitled" to have healthcare be paid for by the government, it's something you pay for if you can afford it. If you can't afford it you make healthier lifestyle choices until you can.

Nobody is turned away from a hospital for urgent care in this country. If you're in a car accident you're going to a hospital, you're not going to be left for dead on the road because you don't have insurance.
True, but as soon as they finish their "life saving" methods you must leave the hospital, because if you are going to die they want you out of their wards. emergecy rooms are only for emergency life saving treatment not for health care. Thats why universal healthcare with everyone paying a fair share is the smartest move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies