Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 01:13 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,665,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The special privileges for the president's family who are illegal immigrants, this is the second one. His Aunt Zeituni was also picked up as an illegal immigrant and finally granted an asylum by ICE, by the Department of Homeland Security. We need to have Congressional hearings into favorite treatment of the White House," King said

Should there be an investigation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2011, 01:18 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,924,458 times
Obama is very selective in which laws he chooses to uphold. A better tactic would be to impeach Obama for those he has intentionally subverted. An investigation of the judges who granted Amnesty might be appropriate by the Senate judicial committee; but, with it controlled by Democrats I wouldn't hold my breath.

Obama's Uncle has reportedly "disappeared". Now how does "lose" a member of the POTUS's family? Hidden out of sight and possibly shuttled out of the country to keep from further embarrasing his nephew is more like it.

Old 09-15-2011, 01:35 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,645,078 times
Unfortunately, one cannot chose one's family, unlike the ability to chose friends.

Remember Carter's brother, Billy..Billy Beer, or something like that.

And then GW Bush's daughters getting drunk and carousing; at least that's what was reported.

I'm sure there are many other instances of family embarrassing the white house occupants.

This uncle is a half-brother to Obama's father. Who knows how close they really were/are?

Old 09-15-2011, 01:55 PM

59,017 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Unfortunately, one cannot chose one's family, unlike the ability to chose friends.

And then GW Bush's daughters getting drunk and carousing; at least that's what was reported.

I'm sure there are many other instances of family embarrassing the white house occupants.

This uncle is a half-brother to Obama's father. Who knows how close they really were/are?
There was also Al Gores son getting multiple drinking and driving charges.

The point, as I believe, is the President has taken an oath, "to uphold the laws of the United states, etc". Obama's relatives are breaking federal laws. ( the items you mentioned are local laws).

If he is aware they are breaking federal laws he has an obligation to report them.

Old 09-15-2011, 01:59 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,046,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post

Should there be an investigation?
Only to the extent that they would investigate any other illegal.

There should be no "special treatment" either way.

Old 09-15-2011, 02:01 PM

27,131 posts, read 15,308,615 times
Quote:

These comparisons are weak to say the least.

You're right, we don't chose family.

It does seem that its becoming more frequent in this family though.

His uncle and his aunt were both previously ordered deported and both defied that order.
One thus far is now here legally after defying the court.

We are watching closely to see if history repeats itself.

There is no excuse for those ordered out to not be gone from the U.S..

Old 09-15-2011, 02:01 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,259,818 times
Quote:

You just reminded me of a thing a former student used to say. "You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on the sofa arm."

Old 09-15-2011, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
There was also Al Gores son getting multiple drinking and driving charges.

The point, as I believe, is the President has taken an oath, "to uphold the laws of the United states, etc". Obama's relatives are breaking federal laws. ( the items you mentioned are local laws).

If he is aware they are breaking federal laws he has an obligation to report them.
I agree.

Old 09-15-2011, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
These comparisons are weak to say the least.

You're right, we don't chose family.

It does seem that its becoming more frequent in this family though.

His uncle and his aunt were both previously ordered deported and both defied that order.
One thus far is now here legally after defying the court.

We are watching closely to see if history repeats itself.

There is no excuse for those ordered out to not be gone from the U.S..
I agree with you, also. No one is above the law.

Although it appears that more illegals are being deported than in the previous administration, I don't think enough is being done, and Obama seems to be trying to pacify the hispanic community with his words.

It is one of the things I don't like, but the previous president didn't do much, either.

Old 09-15-2011, 02:10 PM

1,609 posts, read 1,078,992 times
Quote:

What don't you understand about the word "ILLEGAL?" The man is here illegally, no matter what his family relationship to BO may be! Who is the man who is always tirading about "be fair, be fair, be fair." I guess that only applies to whomever he chooses...not to those of his family who break our laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies