Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 10:33 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,980,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Too costly....or because they lose to much??

Ahhh another one that wants to throw jabs at me about the Browns, LOL! How about tossing in the overplayed joke about our river catching fire too to make the package complete? Nevermind they're one of the classic NFL franchises with fans worldwide! Check out Browns Backers! Trust me it's frustrating being a Browns fan, or a Cleveland sports fan in general, however; we stick by our teams, and the Browns were part of growing up for me. During football Sundays events always revolved around the games.

But it was a little bit of both. You see, when I had season tickets I was still DJing on the weekends. With that said, by the time I got home it was 4 in the morning. In order to get downtown I'd have to still get up around 7 or 8AM, pick up my brother-in-law to either catch the bus or the rapid transit by 11AM. So after dropping about $100.00 for food, and beer, having to deal with not being allowed to smoke in the stands at an OUTDOOR STADIUM PART OF WHICH WAS FUNDED BY SMOKERS, having the ushers crawl up your a** about standing up (Christ it's a football game), dealing with a bunch of belligerent idiots from both my fanbase as well, as the opposing fanbase, and during a Browns-Steelers game being told that I had to cover up my "Pittsburgh Still Sucks" t-shirt, because it might offend the visiting fans (f*** em' you're in my house)... as well as seeing them lose more than win, therefore at the end of the game being drunk, tired, and p*** ed off as well, yeah... them losing was a part of the equation as well! But, I still watch at home. Again, no BS pat downs, no astronomical food and beverage prices, no drama, and no risk of being thrown out other than one Browns-Steelers game my wife made me go outside to cool off, because we lost after winning for almost the whole game, and I started kicking around all of the shoes in our hallway!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2011, 11:51 AM

2,409 posts, read 3,040,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Ahhh another one that wants to throw jabs at me about the Browns, LOL! How about tossing in the overplayed joke about our river catching fire too to make the package complete? Nevermind they're one of the classic NFL franchises with fans worldwide! Check out Browns Backers! Trust me it's frustrating being a Browns fan, or a Cleveland sports fan in general, however; we stick by our teams, and the Browns were part of growing up for me. During football Sundays events always revolved around the games.

But it was a little bit of both. You see, when I had season tickets I was still DJing on the weekends. With that said, by the time I got home it was 4 in the morning. In order to get downtown I'd have to still get up around 7 or 8AM, pick up my brother-in-law to either catch the bus or the rapid transit by 11AM. So after dropping about $100.00 for food, and beer, having to deal with not being allowed to smoke in the stands at an OUTDOOR STADIUM PART OF WHICH WAS FUNDED BY SMOKERS, having the ushers crawl up your a** about standing up (Christ it's a football game), dealing with a bunch of belligerent idiots from both my fanbase as well, as the opposing fanbase, and during a Browns-Steelers game being told that I had to cover up my "Pittsburgh Still Sucks" t-shirt, because it might offend the visiting fans (f*** em' you're in my house)... as well as seeing them lose more than win, therefore at the end of the game being drunk, tired, and p*** ed off as well, yeah... them losing was a part of the equation as well! But, I still watch at home. Again, no BS pat downs, no astronomical food and beverage prices, no drama, and no risk of being thrown out other than one Browns-Steelers game my wife made me go outside to cool off, because we lost after winning for almost the whole game, and I started kicking around all of the shoes in our hallway!

hahah thanks for proving the point of my previous posts! If only Americans like you spent all that wasted energy on something that actually matter like your tyrannical corrupt government.

Old 09-16-2011, 12:01 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,980,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
hahah thanks for proving the point of my previous posts! If only Americans like you spent all that wasted energy on something that actually matter like your tyrannical corrupt government.

Socal my friend, as you can see I post quite a bit here in P&C. I'm very much in tune with todays current events and the erosion of our individual liberties due to The Patriot Act. I agree with a lot of your posts, and and appreciate what you contribute, as I agree on many of the things that you say here. However; I do like football, and sports is an outlet from the daily frustrations of everyday life. That being said, while there are bigger fish to fry in this country, it still sucks when your home team loses. In case you're unaware the Browns are an integral part of Cleveland, and NE Ohio. I along with many NE Ohioans grew up on the Browns.

Old 09-16-2011, 12:03 PM

78,323 posts, read 60,517,579 times
The next NFL game I go to I'm going to buy a 12" rubber phallus and tape it inside my pants to my inner thigh.

That should make for an interesting patdown.

I should have my gf do the same thing, wow...no that would give the security screener a WTH!!! moment lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies