Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 12:10 PM

3,115 posts, read 7,131,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
so then you would agree, that the sealevel has not signifigantly changed in the last 160 years
No, I would not agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2011, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
dont be a silly girl. this notion that i need to educate myself?
really? your going there?

Believe me I know full well what is and is not frozen in that particular region.

we arent talking about what is or is not frozen. Because I AM educated on the subject, I now that can GROW and what cannot GROW. Both then and NOW.

and that is the point. Not if something has ice all year.

So what you are saying is that in the middle ages, they could grow wheat in iceland and greenland and now they cant.

Do I have that about right?
LOL - this post shows me that you might want to further your education in other areas than just science. Thanks for the chuckle!

Old 09-16-2011, 12:12 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,946,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalgirl View Post
No, I would not agree.
Would you agree that sea level has actually dropped since about 2009?

Old 09-16-2011, 12:17 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
Quote:
No, I would not agree.
oh see post 28

In 1842 the "Isle of the Dead" in SE Tasmania was selected for the site of a "Mean Sea Level" refernce mark by Capt. James Clark Ross. Today this mark can clearly be seen 35 cm ABOVE the current mean sea level.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/20906885-post28.html

Old 09-16-2011, 12:27 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,070,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Would you agree that sea level has actually dropped since about 2009?
Two year variations are not indicative of the historical trend.

Old 09-16-2011, 01:01 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
No, I would not agree.
Oh? Why not?

Sea Level Continues Its Historic Decline | Real Science

Sea level has DECLINED.

Old 09-16-2011, 01:03 PM

Quote:
LOL - this post shows me that you might want to further your education in other areas than just science. Thanks for the chuckle!
What's the matter? Is that all you have? Just spell checking instead of addressing the points made?

Old 09-16-2011, 01:06 PM

Quote:
No, I didn't watch it b/c I agree w/you on that one point, that the whole man-made global warming political agenda is fear mongering and alarmist. That doesn't change the fact that the climate is changing, whether we are contributing or not.

I said in your other thread that I wondered if scientists had come out with man-accelerated climate change, rather than man-made if it would have changed the debate. What are your thoughts on that, or do you think our contributions have nothing to do with the environment?
Well, you've finally gotten the POINT! YESSSSSSS, the climate is ALWAYS changing - always has, always will. Good girl!

I think our contributions have little to no impact. To think that man can effect the planet. To think that man can determine and maintain the Earth's temperature is ridiculous.

Old 09-16-2011, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Well, you've finally gotten the POINT! YESSSSSSS, the climate is ALWAYS changing - always has, always will. Good girl!

I think our contributions have little to no impact. To think that man can effect the planet. To think that man can determine and maintain the Earth's temperature is ridiculous.
We can, and do affect the planet on a daily basis. We've cleared billions of acres of forest for agriculture, blasted off mountain tops and dug enormous pits in search of fossil fuels, metals and minerals, fished and hunted hundreds of species into total or near extinction, drilled into the earth and taken countless amounts of oil and natural gas, created mines deep into the earth that change the water content of the rocks, stability of the region, etc. To say that humans have no impact on the planet is absolutely ludicrous and shows how little you know about the subject.

In the Earth's past, we had no oxygen in our oceans or atmosphere. Then came photosynthetic organisms, which, in the billions, altered our earth forever. How can you think that humans, who also number in the billions, are incapable of the same?

Old 09-16-2011, 01:24 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,070,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Oh? Why not?

Sea Level Continues Its Historic Decline | Real Science

Sea level has DECLINED.
Ouch!!!

One post too late! Again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies