Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 09:51 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,410,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nr5667 View Post
I hate to break it to you, but black men don't particularly excel in things like staying out of prison and graduating from college.
Whatever you say sheets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2011, 09:53 PM

954 posts, read 1,280,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahthatguy View Post
Oh wow .. Wow !!!!
What, is that a stunning revelation to you?

U.S. incarceration rates by race | Prison Policy Initiative

CARPE DIEM: Black Women Earning College Degrees Outnumber College-Educated Black Men 2 to 1

Point is, nothing about my statement was wrong. Black women looking for a black male of similar economic and educational standing are going to be looking a lot, as the demand vastly outstrips the supply.

You might be educated, but you are irrelevent, the author of the book is referring to black men in the aggregate.

Old 09-15-2011, 09:58 PM

2,093 posts, read 4,697,746 times
I knew this thread would be like opening a can of worms.

Old 09-15-2011, 10:11 PM

2,311 posts, read 3,505,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nr5667 View Post
What, is that a stunning revelation to you?

U.S. incarceration rates by race | Prison Policy Initiative

CARPE DIEM: Black Women Earning College Degrees Outnumber College-Educated Black Men 2 to 1

Point is, nothing about my statement was wrong. Black women looking for a black male of similar economic and educational standing are going to be looking a lot, as the demand vastly outstrips the supply.

You might be educated, but you are irrelevent, the author of the book is referring to black men in the aggregate.
Associate's Degrees: 164 for women for every 100 for men.
Bachelor's Degrees: 137.5 for women for every 100 for men.
Master's Degrees: 152 for women for every 100 for men.
Professional Degrees: 99.15 for women for every 100 for men.
Doctoral Degrees: 105 for women for every 100 for men.

#1 Associate Degrees don't mean sh*t
#2 Bachelors degrees in what?
#3 Masters Degrees in what?
#4 I see...
#5 Ah', starting to look more even ..

I don't want this to turn in a bash fest or air out dirty laundry but if you want to spout of about such things so be it .. The hood is the hood, such numbers apply generally to the hood and people in impoverished conditions. You wont find such numbers applying to African Americans outside of the 'hood'. In general girls mature faster than boys, and in the hood the average black man is too busy chasing after hot behind hoe'ish black girls during their youth to pay attention in class and make something of themselves... This truth applies in general to the large population (beyond black males) but is especially true in the black community. Do yourself a favor and look at the education obtainment of females vs. males beyond just African Americans ... The same statistics exist .. Oh man, what a revelation .. Girls spend their time focusing on their education when they are young and have matured faster than boys and boys (some ethnic groups moreseo than others) spend most of their time acting out and being clowns trying to get under a girl's skirt.

Without an education, you can't get a good job .. and end up doing things that land you in jail .. Such things, many times are to continue to 'floss' and look up to par to perspective females .. While the females spread their legs from time to time, get the proceeds and continue on with their successful lives... Yeah, they only want to date thugs in highschool etc and in many ways 'certain' males get trapped in this mindset ... She dates the thug, gets the thrill, and continues on w/ her education .. while the immature male continues running around trying to imitate 50 cent in order to get some *** .

In aggregate, I doubt this highly educated brother has any real perspectives of the drivers behind the statistics he quotes.. Instead of yapping his educating high horse mouth about such things (which is funny because he is married to a black woman) .. Maybe he should dig a little deeper and do something to help the situation...

Date whatever race you want .. I thought this was understood .. What's the reason of going on a one sided bash fest to state this? Stupid #@% n_____ !

... K, i'm good now

Old 09-15-2011, 10:18 PM

4,593 posts, read 9,196,626 times
Being open-minded will need to be on both ends in order for this to work and I just don't see it happening in a huge way right now.

Old 09-15-2011, 10:20 PM

954 posts, read 1,280,827 times
I agree that race shouldn't be a factor.

However, on that note, things like education are going to be more important when finding a suitable partner. Therefore, since black men are not keeping up with black women in educational attainment, it isn't inconceivable that black women will want to seek out partners based on characteristics other than race.

Old 09-15-2011, 10:20 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,280,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Ugh.

I think he further perpetuates the issue of race in a time when clearly the issue is one of education and income regardless of race. At least imHo.

Stanford law professor argues black women should cross race barrier for marriage partners - San Jose Mercury News
There are cultural factors involved as well.

Japanese women often like American men I hear because they feel they make better husbands.

Just because some Professor says it doesn't make it so though.
Never know where you may find love though!

Old 09-15-2011, 10:22 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,608,002 times
i like black women but am opposed to marriage. seems like a bad idea unless you want to raise a family or something

Old 09-15-2011, 10:25 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,280,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
i like black women but am opposed to marriage. seems like a bad idea unless you want to raise a family or something
Why buy the cow if you get the milk for free?

Old 09-16-2011, 12:08 AM

1,189 posts, read 2,554,196 times
Many marriages are like this thread. Starts out well, but goes downhill fast. The post with Xibit is quite funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies