Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 09:13 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,112,677 times

Advertisements

Why would they? It's a political gotcha story that does nothing other than rub the other side's face in their screwup. It's not a news story b/c it's politics as usual. Lobbyists paying for political consideration is nothing new, and neither is their "man" propping them up as an agenda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2012, 09:31 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Your source does not say that $12B was lost. Your source calls into question the management of that cash. That's a tad bit different than saying $12B was lost and/or unaccounted for.
Oh really?

From the source:

Quote:
"We have no way of knowing if the cash that was shipped into the Green Zone ended up in enemy hands," he said. "We owe it to the American people to do everything we can to find out where the $12 billion went."

Old 01-06-2012, 09:33 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Oh really?

From the source:
In other words, they owe it to the American people to do an audit, not go tear down doors looking for lost money.

Old 01-06-2012, 09:36 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times
"MSNBC's Prime Time Lineup: NOT interested in the NEWS"

You just discovered that?

Old 01-06-2012, 09:38 AM

3,498 posts, read 2,218,190 times
It's on MSNBC's websites

http://http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44548368/ns/politics-white_house/t/white-house-wary-solyndra-re-election-effects/ (broken link)

Quote:
Video: White House ignored red flags in Solyndra case

Old 01-06-2012, 09:50 AM

13,685 posts, read 9,009,247 times
I guess I'm always surprised at how many on CD get so upset with television news programs. What they report or not report.

Television is, in my mind, a very poor place to become informed. I will occasionally tune in to ABC or some other network at 5:30 p.m., if I happen to have literally nothing else to do. I do not think I have ever watched MSNBC, and my exposure to other non-network channels, like Fox, is minimal.

Reading from different news sources is my pleasure. One wonderful thing about the Kindle and other e-readers is that the world is at your fingertips, from the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, to the International Herald Tribune, and even the English version of Chinese newspapers.

Many of these threads claim that television news organizations fail to report news, which always surprises me and a few other posters, since we actually read about said news events.

In short, read widely and deeply, and quit moaning that some idiotic tv show did not contribute a two whole minutes of coverage to some event you think is important.

Old 01-06-2012, 03:36 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
It's on MSNBC's websites

http://http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44548368/ns/politics-white_house/t/white-house-wary-solyndra-re-election-effects/ (broken link)
You mean that the claim that MSNBC didn't report about Solyndra is undercut by the fact that they did report about it?

Old 01-06-2012, 05:28 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
The Solyndra 'debacle' wasn't much of a debacle. The government lent them money and the company went belly up. This happens all the time in the private sector. While the righties want to believe that this is a stunning indictment of the Obama Administration, there is no hard evidence of wrong-doing.

Moreover, the scale of this is nothing like the billions of missing cash the Bush Admin couldn't account for and went missing in Iraq.
There is a TON of hard evidence about how the politics from the WH interfered and influenced the stimulus loans. Let's not even mention the "green" slush fund is full of obama bundlers, millionaires and billionaires.

Oh...do you really think this story is going away?

Here's a newsflash - Solyndra will be front and center this year - leading the charge of obama's crony capitalism, waste, corruption and graft.

Old 01-06-2012, 07:00 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,284,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
There is a TON of hard evidence about how the politics from the WH interfered and influenced the stimulus loans. Let's not even mention the "green" slush fund is full of obama bundlers, millionaires and billionaires.

Oh...do you really think this story is going away?

Here's a newsflash - Solyndra will be front and center this year - leading the charge of obama's crony capitalism, waste, corruption and graft.

Suspicious Minds - YouTube

Old 01-06-2012, 07:09 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Not one segment about the obama/Solyndra debacle. The scandal is ALL OVER the networks, in the print media, on cable...EXCEPT for the ed, madcow, larry and tingle's shows.

Not one word from this bunch of radical leftists, who are clearly interested in protecting obama as much as they can.

MSNBC Prime Time Programs Still Haven't Reported Obama's Solyndra Scandal | NewsBusters.org

Amazing, isn't it?

No wonder they have virtually ZERO credibility.
They haven't mentioned Fast and Furious either.

They are not news shows....they are opinion shows, trying to sell themselves as "news". Say what you want about FOX, but hey call their news show and commentary shows what hey are.

Hannity, O'Reilly and the rest of the prime time lineup even call themselves commentary/opinion shows.

MSNBC sell their opinion people as journalists.

Al Sharpton! Ed Schultz! You must be kidding me.

They must have a room with paper on the floor for those two to hang out in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies