Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 09:50 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,833,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishing View Post
I like that little fact...The dems want to create costly and ineffective "green energy" jobs (at a cost of billions to the U.S. taxpayer), even though they have no issue shutting down offshore drilling at a cost of 250,000 American jobs. I work in the oilfield on land now due to the fact that the Obama administration stole my job from me so they could impliment the offshore moratorium in response to the wants of the leftist environmentalists that Obama loves so much. Now that the moratorium has been lifted, Obama refuses to sign, support, or issue new drilling permits for offshore drilling so that we may return to our homes and our work! I guess that truely shows the hypocrycy of the left...Kill off American jobs, buy oil from terrorists and competitors instead of getting it right here in the USA, then lie to the public and claim that this president is trying so hard to find a way to put Americans back to work.
Take that anger and google and combine them into answers.

Here's an answer.

According to the report, 39 shallow-water permits for new wells have been issued since June 8, 2010, when new rules and information requirements were put into effect. Shallow water drilling operations were not affected by the deepwater drilling moratorium following the gulf oil spill. And there were lots more shallow-water well permits issued by the Obama administration prior to June 8, 2010. Remember, Bachmann's statement referred to permits issued "under the Obama administration since they came into office."

In addition, there have been six deepwater well permits issued since Oct. 12, 2010, when the gulf moratorium was lifted. Five of those were for projects that were under way prior to the moratorium. The operators were required to come back and meet the new, modified standards.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...n-just-one-ne/

That took me about 10 seconds to find. But of course, I was looking for facts - not some wack politician's innacurate talking point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2011, 09:50 AM

773 posts, read 503,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Democrats were cocky and underestimating Reagan back in 1983 and then got steam rolled in 1984. Republicans are doing the same today.
Well, what do YOU think about these major issues Obama finds himself in the middle of as of late?

Old 09-17-2011, 09:54 AM

773 posts, read 503,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Maybe you can take your anger and denial and answer the questions, now that I did your work for you and provided you with just a few of the many links available.

Oh wait, you won't. It is a physical impossibility for the left to openly and honestly discuss anything that makes the GO look less than clean & pristine.

Old 09-17-2011, 10:25 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage Member View Post
Okay, things are now beyond the simple failed economic and social justice policies. Now it looks like the Obama Administration may be into:
  • Illegal gun running to drug lords in Mexico
  • Trying to armtwist a general to falsify his testimony
  • Making 1/2 billion dollar payback deals to major campaign donors via the bankrupt green energy company
  • Purposefully holding back information until subpoenaed
  • Admitting he will go around congress authority to implement his agenda
What the hell is going on here? Is this the implosion of the administration? Will the LSM cover these issues?

I have to say, this is such a shame. Even though he is far far left of me and most of America, he had such an opportunity to be a President for ALL Americans. Instead, he let Chicago thug style philosophy ruin everything.

If the LSM covers even 1/2 of these possible crimes, the democrat party will be damaged for years.

You would have to admit, if this was a republican in office and all this was happening, the LSM would be headlining these stories every night. I wonder why they aren't now?
Where there is smoke, there is fire.

In a short two years time, the Obama administration has created a lot of smoke, is there fire there?

First came the stimulus program, where an overwhelming amount of the stimulus money went to democratic party districts.

There were the GM and Chrysler bailouts, where the bound holders were completely shut out and left hanging, while the UAW union ended up owning very large portions of those companies.

Then we had Obamacare, where millions of dollars of exclusions were given to democratic party senators and and members of congress, and later a disproportionate amount of Obamacare waivers were given to unions who support democrats.

Then we had the billions and billions in crony capitalistic practices by this administration, with major corporations like GE and these crony venture capitalist investments in high roller democratic party donors and campaign bundlers in green energy, culminating with Solyndra.

WIRE: Obama admin reworked SOLYNDRA loan to favor donor... (http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/obama-admin-reworked-solyndra-1182334.html - broken link)

And as you pointed out, the huge, deadly, scandal with operation gun runner, influencing the testimony of a US Air Force general, to benefit still another democratic party donor and campaign bundler.

This presidential administration has frittered away trillions in US taxpayer dollars, and the smoke looks like it will lead to a fire of corruption, corporate and political cronyism and even criminal activity.

Lawmakers question WHouse role in wireless project... (http://ca.news.yahoo.com/lawmakers-whouse-role-wireless-project-234306029.html - broken link)

Old 09-17-2011, 10:42 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
I like that little fact...The dems want to create costly and ineffective "green energy" jobs (at a cost of billions to the U.S. taxpayer), even though they have no issue shutting down offshore drilling at a cost of 250,000 American jobs. I work in the oilfield on land now due to the fact that the Obama administration stole my job from me so they could impliment the offshore moratorium in response to the wants of the leftist environmentalists that Obama loves so much. Now that the moratorium has been lifted, Obama refuses to sign, support, or issue new drilling permits for offshore drilling so that we may return to our homes and our work! I guess that truely shows the hypocrycy of the left...Kill off American jobs, buy oil from terrorists and competitors instead of getting it right here in the USA, then lie to the public and claim that this president is trying so hard to find a way to put Americans back to work.
That is odd isn't it, spending $20 billion taxpayer dollars investing in a few thousand green jobs, which will never be repaid. While the Obama admin is doing their level best to prevent the oil and coal industry from conducting business, even though they would employ hundreds of thousand of taxpaying jobs, and create wealth.

Who the hell do they think they are in Washington, picking which industry and which companies should profit and be successful? This is like Stalin deciding he can decide which industries to promote in order to move his country into the modern era. Or the Wiemar republic, and Obama is still reliving the early 1900s, poring billions of dollars into the dirigible industry.

Old 09-17-2011, 10:48 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post

Here's an answer.

According to the report, 39 shallow-water permits for new wells have been issued since June 8, 2010, when new rules and information requirements were put into effect. Shallow water drilling operations were not affected by the deepwater drilling moratorium following the gulf oil spill. And there were lots more shallow-water well permits issued by the Obama administration prior to June 8, 2010. Remember, Bachmann's statement referred to permits issued "under the Obama administration since they came into office."

In addition, there have been six deepwater well permits issued since Oct. 12, 2010, when the gulf moratorium was lifted. Five of those were for projects that were under way prior to the moratorium. The operators were required to come back and meet the new, modified standards.

PolitiFact | Michele Bachmann claims there has been just one new oil drilling permit issued since Obama took office

That took me about 10 seconds to find. But of course, I was looking for facts - not some wack politician's innacurate talking point.
Something is wrong here.

Water well permits and issued by the county they are drilled in, under that state's codes.

I have drilled over 39 this year.

Old 09-17-2011, 10:52 AM

608 posts, read 923,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Something is wrong here.

Water well permits and issued by the county they are drilled in, under that state's codes.

I have drilled over 39 this year.
Didn't you know the "Liberal Rules?" -If a leftie says its a fact, or even reads something construed as a fact, then it is in fact the undisputable truth! I guess after working offshore for 12 years, I couldn't possibly have a clue about what I'm talking about.

Old 09-17-2011, 11:01 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Quote:
Didn't you know the "Liberal Rules?" -If a leftie says its a fact, or even reads something construed as a fact, then it is in fact the undisputable truth! I guess after working offshore for 12 years, I couldn't possibly have a clue about what I'm talking about.
LOL....here, they can look at all the waters wells drilled in Michigan.

https://secure1.state.mi.us/WELLOGIC...2fDefault.aspx

Old 09-17-2011, 11:07 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,747,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Speaking of AW, here's my morning favorite - Boeing wants to created 5,000 jobs, Obama's NLRB will not let them. Who is killing jobs?

Old 09-17-2011, 11:24 AM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage Member View Post
Okay, things are now beyond the simple failed economic and social justice policies. Now it looks like the Obama Administration may be into:
  • Illegal gun running to drug lords in Mexico
  • Trying to armtwist a general to falsify his testimony
  • Making 1/2 billion dollar payback deals to major campaign donors via the bankrupt green energy company
  • Purposefully holding back information until subpoenaed
  • Admitting he will go around congress authority to implement his agenda
What the hell is going on here? Is this the implosion of the administration? Will the LSM cover these issues?

I have to say, this is such a shame. Even though he is far far left of me and most of America, he had such an opportunity to be a President for ALL Americans. Instead, he let Chicago thug style philosophy ruin everything.

If the LSM covers even 1/2 of these possible crimes, the democrat party will be damaged for years.

You would have to admit, if this was a republican in office and all this was happening, the LSM would be headlining these stories every night. I wonder why they aren't now?
There is a thread about MSNBC's lack of coverage about Solyndra.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies