Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 08:37 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times

Advertisements

Nothing is happening or will happen. My crystal ball is working fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2011, 10:51 PM

26,569 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
My crystal ball is on the blink.
i wasn't asking you to predict what they will find, i was asking what degree of authority does a posse of this kind have in an investigation ( in this case or any other ) and what you believe they could do with that authority. it would seem that outside of maricopa county they'd have no more authority then any other private investigation ( and possibly inside maricopa county also ).

i'd be interested to hear from anyone that has any knowledge in this area.

Old 09-18-2011, 11:00 PM

995 posts, read 1,115,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
"Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio in Arizona has constituted a special law enforcement posse to investigate allegations brought by members of the Surprise, Ariz., Tea Party that the birth certificate Barack Obama released to the public April 27 might be a forgery."

The posse, under the authority of Arpaio's office, will consist of two former law enforcement officers and two retired attorneys, headed by Michael Zullo, a retired police detective originally from Bergen County, N.J."

The investigators will be authorized to utilize subpoena power.

Lets hope this investigation is not limited to the birth certificate. Obama's citizenship by the 14th Amendment and his alleged natural born citizenship needs to be investigated.
...I could've sworn his 15 minutes of fame were up weeks ago...
What a waste of taxpayer dollars by a bunch of racist nincompoops.

Old 09-18-2011, 11:06 PM

769 posts, read 1,013,492 times
lol at the source

this is pathetic

Old 09-18-2011, 11:09 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
My crystal ball is on the blink.
Well... there you go. We have finally discovered the reason for three plus years of epic Birther fail.

You guys read crystal balls.

While we read the law.

That pretty much explains everything!!!

Old 09-18-2011, 11:13 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westwaswon View Post
Sorry... fake , lie , scam , con men , his family is that .
Some are. Some aren't. Just like my family and yours.

Welcome to the human condition.

Old 09-18-2011, 11:18 PM

26,569 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneWest View Post
What a waste of taxpayer dollars.....
in their defense the posse is volunteering their services ( according to the WND article ). but it does beg the question if AZ tax payers would be paying for expenses. seems like a great way to get a year long hawaiian vacation all expenses paid.

Old 09-19-2011, 01:23 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
The Constitution requires a president to be a "natural-born citizen," which many legal analysts believe means being the child of two U.S. citizen parents at the time of birth.
When that was pointed out to Santorum, he responded, "I don't think that's what the Constitution requires, and he (President Obama) was born in the country, so it doesn't matter."
President Obama's father was never a U.S. citizen, but rather a subject of Britain, which had control over Kenya back in 1961.
Meanwhile, Sheriff Joe Arpaio of Arizona's Maricopa County has appointed a team of retired officers and lawyers to look into allegations that the birth certificate Obama released in April at a White House news conference may be forged.
His constituents asked for the investigation because of the damage that could be done should a 2012 candidate be placed on their election ballot based on a fraudulent document.

Read more: Rick Santorum: Obama's eligibility is 'solved' Rick Santorum: Obama's eligibility is 'solved'

Old 09-19-2011, 01:50 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,271,551 times
no legal analyst support the two parent citizen theory and it didn't EXIST prior to Obama taking office (ask the birthers which legal experts support this contention, and they'll only mention two: Donofrio and Apuzzo, both who are part time lawyers; one a professional poker player, the other an ambulance chaser). Its a made up theory by Apuzzo based on his misinterpretation of a case that had nothing to do with citizenship issues.

the posse? they have as much power as a normal citizen. absolutely no power to compel anyone to do anything.

Old 09-19-2011, 03:21 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,936,232 times
I have no idea whether Obama's BC is legitimate or not. At this juncture, we can have him defeated in the 2011 election before any investigation could ever be completed....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies