Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 09:38 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times

Advertisements

If people even knew the numbers of laws or bills proposed that never see the light of day much less the floor of teh senate or house ;they would be shocked. thsi is just antoher one but even the law its said to repalce is mislabel as to what it involves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2011, 09:47 PM

22 posts, read 11,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
LOL, the Democrats are so done in 2012, it's not even funny. They have to resort to bullying tactics to get people to shut up about them. how sad, not even the Republicans under Bush dreamed of doing this
This really isn't a partisan issue.
It is not about the Right getting the Left or the Left getting the Right.

This is about the government, Red & Blue, tightening the web of control on the people of this country.

What constitutes a lie? Who is pursued for prosecution?
Who is ignored? What role does money play in how this is or is not applied? Way too ambiguous and too many questions for this to be a good idea.

People, I sincerely ask you to think about the implications of these issues. I know you think and I know you care or you wouldn't be here on a forum to discuss these issues in the first place.

Old 09-16-2011, 09:49 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshRox01 View Post
This really isn't a partisan issue.
It is not about the Right getting the Left or the Left getting the Right.

This is about the government, Red & Blue, tightening the web of control on the people of this country.

What constitutes a lie? Who is pursued for prosecution?
Who is ignored? What role does money play in how this is or is not applied? Way too ambiguous and too many questions for this to be a good idea.

People, I sincerely ask you to think about the implications of these issues. I know you think and I know you care or you wouldn't be here on a forum to discuss these issues in the first place.
I know you're new here, but just to let you know, I am non-partisan since I'm a huge Ron Paul supporter. I also used to be a Democrat who voted for Obama in 2008. I sat out 2004 because I didn't care about voting, but I would have voted for Kerry.

Old 09-16-2011, 10:01 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,093,497 times
Funny how a bill updated in 2001 w/ the Patriot Act, updated again in 2002 when REPUBLICANS had complete control of the Congress & the White House and again in 2008, means that the Democrats are done.

Old 09-16-2011, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
Funny how a bill updated in 2001 w/ the Patriot Act, updated again in 2002 when REPUBLICANS had complete control of the Congress & the White House and again in 2008, means that the Democrats are done.
Still doesn't change the fact that Democrats had complete control in 2008 till 2010, and veto-proof majority in the Senate and none of them repealed the Patriot Act. Democrats are just as guilty as Republicans. Seriously dude, wake the hell up and smell the coffee already. This is all smoke and mirrors designed like a stupid NFL game complete with cheerleaders and fake rivalries

Old 09-16-2011, 10:11 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,328,716 times
Quote:
Democrats are just as guilty as Republicans. Seriously dude, wake the hell up and smell the coffee already. This is all smoke and mirrors designed like a stupid NFL game complete with cheerleaders and fake rivalries
I have to agree with you. Both parties would like more control over the Internet - while pointing the finger at the other party for violating free speech. It's dishonest and disgusting.

Old 09-16-2011, 10:15 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,054,512 times
Quote:
Still doesn't change the fact that Democrats had complete control in 2008 till 2010, and veto-proof majority in the Senate and none of them repealed the Patriot Act. Democrats are just as guilty as Republicans. Seriously dude, wake the hell up and smell the coffee already. This is all smoke and mirrors designed like a stupid NFL game complete with cheerleaders and fake rivalries
So the democrats who didn't find in a few months, and repeal, what took you 3 years to even notice are more guilty then the people who instituted the law in the first place 9 years ago? Not only that, but the same people you dislike and rail against on a daily basis?

I am not sure I follow that logic, if I can call it that.

Old 09-16-2011, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I have to agree with you. Both parties would like more control over the Internet - while pointing the finger at the other party for violating free speech. It's dishonest and disgusting.
I don't understand how the idiot masses can just lap it up with a straight face. Liberals keep reminding us it was the Republicans that passed the Patriot Act. Well, where were the good ol' freedom loving Democrats between 2006 and 2010??? Can't hide that little fact, huh? Like Penn & Teller say, Bull****!

Old 09-16-2011, 10:16 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
This is but one example. It is not merely control of the internet. It is control of all communications. In every single aspect of our lives the government demands more and more control to restrict our communication and our activities. This is not freedom, this is the tightening of the fist of tyranny by central planners.

Old 09-16-2011, 10:16 PM

22,187 posts, read 19,459,426 times
Quote:
I think you mean filibuster proof, and that last for a total of four months, and needing to count on someone like Lieberman (who Republicans voted in) and Ben Nelson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies