Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 05:40 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,080,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Just in the Chicago area, for the most part, I believe. I'm sure the rest of Illinois is sane like Iowa and Missouri
You are correct. outside of the Chicago and Rockford areas the rest of the state is far more conservative, but, unfortunately the large voting base is from this northern area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2011, 07:53 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I know what else does not discriminate: Bombs. They kill indiscriminately.
Is that the reason Obama is so willing to use long range bombing in Libya and in Pakistan? For some reason is seems to be so.

Old 09-20-2011, 08:08 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,815,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
What gives this guy the right to apologize on behalf of the whole country? I don't know why he feels so apologetic and I don't know if his constituents in Illinois feel...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
He can take his apology and shove it up his ass. He just became an honorary member the Michelle Obmummers Ashamed of America club.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Illinois is quickly becoming a loony liberal Midwest version of California.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
Maybe the voters of Illinois owe us an apology.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Just in the Chicago area, for the most part, I believe. I'm sure the rest of Illinois is sane like Iowa and Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I'm sure that the mass murder caused by islamic radicals will stop now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Is there another politician who spent the better part of his first year in office apologizing to Arabs all over the world who is from Illinois? Surely you know who I am talking about. He got where he is because of the stupidity of the people of this nation and should have never made it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Hmmmm if memory serves the Iraqi's seemed pretty happy about us taking care of Saddam for them. It was us staying and keeping them from annihilating each other that offended them.
Lets see you had the Kurds who felt they owed a whole lot of payback. Hmmm which is true.
Then the Sunni and the ****e they just can't agree on what allah really wants.
This elected rep for all his pandering doesn't represent me and his apology is about as worthless as a PFA on a chronic wife beater.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
If they're discriminated here so much why do they keep coming?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Well why is anybody surprised. The whole mantra since 9-11 by the left is to not upset the muslims. Anybody dare do is deemed a racist unamerican islamaphobe.
And yeah that former politician from Illinois has been leading the way.
^^^

Just a sample of "conservatives" around here.

Old 09-20-2011, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
^^^

Is there a chance that the Bush haters in this thread are any better than what you think of as conservatives. I guess you failed to see the posts by chielgirl and some of her new buddies.

Old 09-20-2011, 08:28 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Not our war.
None of our business what Hussein did. We set him up in years past. He was secular, not religious. Now Iraq is filled with radical muslims and people who are rightfully ticked at the US for an invasion and occupation.

By your logic, it's okay for the entire of South and Central America to attack the US for the School of the Americas and the teaching of torture techniques, for setting up brutal dictators?

You're going to kill Iraqis and defend it because some Saudis committed atrocities in the US?

Where do you get your logic?
No...didn't you read my post? I said I'm sorry we wasted 4000 American lives and billions of dollars to eliminate a brutal dictator and "establish democracy" in an Islamic country. We should have let Iraq remain the s-hole it was. Similar in Afganistan, we should have gone after Bin Laden. In late '01, when we knew where he was in Tora Borah, we should have nuked the POS, then gotten out. Let Aftanistan have the Tailban. Instead we made the mistake of trying to free the population from a brutal, oppressive theocracy. I'm sorry we did so.

Old 09-20-2011, 08:50 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,815,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Is there a chance that the Bush haters in this thread are any better than what you think of as conservatives.
Are you better?

Old 09-20-2011, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Are you better?
If you weren't including me in that group you should have said so. I may not be better than you of the left lean but i am sure no worse as you intimated.

Old 09-20-2011, 09:05 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,129,761 times
Is this what you are all so worked up about?

“I think it’s appropriate for me to apologize on behalf of this country for discrimination you have faced.”

Muslims have faced discrimination. This is not debatable, and so it is appropriate for any representative of government to make such a statement.

I fail to see how this is a controversial act, if he'd apologized to some other minority group, who would care?

This thread is just dog whistle politics, and just listen to them bark.

Old 09-20-2011, 09:12 AM

912 posts, read 1,331,869 times
This guy can shove it up his ass .I owe know one an apology for anything.

Old 09-20-2011, 09:15 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,697,144 times
Quote:
^^^

You bet.

MUAH!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies