Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 09:23 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,189,698 times

Advertisements

Only one, the faucet in my bathroom is leaking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2011, 10:50 AM

590 posts, read 554,757 times
We have 2 crises these days, Obama in the Whitehouse and Democrats being the majority in the Senate.

Old 09-20-2011, 01:58 PM

3,457 posts, read 3,621,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
In other words, we can't separate problems that have to do with the economy. That sounds pretty Obamaesque to me.
try removing your glenn beck tinfoil hat when you read.

Quote:
I think that once rampant inflation takes over
we already had rampant inflation, it was called the housing bubble.

Quote:
Yep, Clete,I think that you are just wanting to see all those things as the same thing in support of Obama or Sunstein or somebody in DC.
whatever. you try to tie everything back into politics, but nothing i said was political.

i don't think you know very much, to be honest.

Old 09-20-2011, 02:08 PM

345 posts, read 642,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno Dweller View Post
We have 2 crises these days, Obama in the Whitehouse and Democrats being the majority in the Senate.
The problem is that Americans keep voting for Democrats and Republicans.

Old 09-20-2011, 02:57 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus View Post

whatever. you try to tie everything back into politics, but nothing i said was political.

I know where I got that list and you don't. I guess that puts me above you in many ways. I can tell you that that that list wasn't my work.

Old 09-20-2011, 03:06 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,740,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
My answers in bold.
I agree.

Old 09-20-2011, 03:08 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,804,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Maybe this list of crises we are facing will make some think and help others to see my point.

1. Debt 7. Wars

2. Dollar 8. Inflation

3. Eurocrash 9. Food Shortages

4. Israel being targeted 10. Mistrust of government

5. Jobs 11.Energy

6. Civil Unrest

How many of these crises has our President tried to deal with? How many has he worsened? How many of them could we deal with one at a time? How many can we deal with all at once?

This nation has dealt with food shortages more than once or twice. It has dealt with energy problems more than once or twice. We have dealt with the jobs problem many times and also have dealt with debt for years. We have won many wars, some large and some small. We have had some real inflation many times.

OK we have dealt with all of these things but the Eurocrash that is coming any day now. How do I know that is coming? Georg Soros has broken several economies in the past and he declared last weekend that Euros would not be a good thing to invest in very soon. The man knows what is coming and it will be very painful for us since we have given them many dollars in exchange for euros. Get out unless you are too stupid to believe old Spooky Dude.

The real problem here is that we may get to deal with many of these things, if not all at one time in the near future as our President and his supporters have been working very hard to get them all set up for "Just the right time".
Don't forget fires in Texas, Floods in the NE, hurricane season, and not a damn thing worth watching on TV.

You gotta wonder how many disasters we can take at one time.

Old 09-20-2011, 08:24 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,073,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus View Post

Only if you remove your Michael Moore rose colored Obama glasses

I agree with all the OP's crises... although I would also add possible race war that some Dems would love to start and the breakdown of culture in this nation

Old 09-20-2011, 08:41 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,070,521 times
Big crisis. My lawn is infested with cinch bugs and the EPA has banned every chemical that was used to kill them. What to do! what to do!
Is there any kind of multi million dollar government grant I can get to restore my lawn?
I know, I'll apply for a 'sod replacement subsidy'.

Old 09-20-2011, 10:28 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Only if you remove your Michael Moore rose colored Obama glasses

I agree with all the OP's crises... although I would also add possible race war that some Dems would love to start and the breakdown of culture in this nation
I think the originator of this list was trying to avoid the racial trouble that Obama and group are trying to get started because of being called racist plenty of times before. You are, however, very right about that part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies