Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 12:27 PM

3,993 posts, read 8,923,439 times

Advertisements

But it's quite interesting to note, especially if you read a lot of the threads in the Politics forum on here, that the paranoia also exists in the USA too.
Note all the truther/birther/black helicopters/whatever theories

I'm from the UK, we also distrust and largely despise our government, but in a totally different way that in America

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
I have always been intrigued by that unique but understandable Eastern Bloc paranoia. I see it so often among my Romanian and Moldavian friends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2011, 12:28 PM

3,993 posts, read 8,923,439 times
Please, read the thread before you post any more.

Your statement is so wide of the mark it's unreal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolshoi View Post
I see
Well, you gotta admit there is plenty of fishy things that were left unanswered still like why they shipped all the building components and evidence and destroyed it immediately. They left out a lot of things when they talk about it; if they are not telling everything, makes you think like they got something to hide.

Old 09-22-2011, 12:29 PM

2,664 posts, read 5,632,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
I have always been intrigued by that unique but understandable Eastern Bloc paranoia. I see it so often among my Romanian and Moldavian friends.
Paranoia came from real life. Cuz we been f***d over a lot by our authorities, and we don't trust nobody. Slight paranoia is not bad though. Keeps me alert.
Again, I am not a conspiracy theorist or whatever, I am not saying 100% inside job, but I really wouldn't be surprised if in 50 yrs we find out it was. And poitics are dirty everywhere, no difference here or Russia.

Old 09-22-2011, 12:31 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
Quote:
I see
Well, you gotta admit there is plenty of fishy things that were left unanswered still like why they shipped all the building components and evidence and destroyed it immediately. They left out a lot of things when they talk about it; if they are not telling everything, makes you think like they got something to hide.
again you are repeating lies of the twoofers

all material went to Staten Island to the Freshkills land-fill where is was PROCESSED and SIFTED through for all evidence...some things were 'shipped' off..like some WTC steel is used in the battleship New York...many beams are ALL ACROSS THE COUNTRY (where they can EASILY be TOUCHED and tested) for 911 memorilas...plus an entire hangar at JFK airport (hangar17) IS FULL of the 'evidence" and is huge

Old 09-22-2011, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
again you are repeating lies of the twoofers

all material went to Staten Ilsnad to the Freshkills land fill where is was PROCESSES and SIFTED for all evidence...some things were 'shipped' off..like some WTC steel is used in the battleship New York...many beams are ALL ACROSS THE COUNTRY (where they can EADSILY be TOUCHED and tested) for 911 memorilas...plus an entire hangaar at JFK airport (hangar17) IS FULL of the 'evidence"
All right, so even if it's like this, are you saying it is impossible that there was something else going on that we don't know about? I am not even saying it is necessarily an inside job, basically I am saying they are not telling everything.

Old 09-22-2011, 12:39 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
Quote:
All right, so even if it's like this, are you saying it is impossible that there was something else going on that we don't know about? I am not even saying it is necessarily an inside job, basically I am saying they are not telling everything.
like what

do you think the FBI is going to admit, that due to budget cuts they had a 3 month backlog for interpeters/translaters to analyze information....aint going to happen

Old 09-22-2011, 12:41 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,070,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
I used to wonder why the plane wasn't captured either.

A buddy of mine is in the security industry, his theory is that with the Pantagon being so well guarded, the cameras would only have to capture an item moving slowly. A car, a pedestrian, a potential intruder.
It's even simpler than that.

The frame rate of any video directly correlates to the size of the disk or tape necessary to hold it. So security cameras deliberately have slow frame rates to store longer periods of time in the same space.

Old 09-22-2011, 12:42 PM

Quote:
like what

do you think the FBI is going to admit, that due to budget cuts they had a 3 month backlog for interpeters/translaters to analyze information....aint going to happen
That's my point. If they are not telling this, they could be withholding/lying on many things.

Old 09-22-2011, 12:42 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
like what

First, it was the stupid card.

Now, it's the under financed card.

Old 09-22-2011, 12:44 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
I used to wonder why the plane wasn't captured either.

A buddy of mine is in the security industry, his theory is that with the Pantagon being so well guarded, the cameras would only have to capture an item moving slowly. A car, a pedestrian, a potential intruder.

The system would never have been designed to capture something moving at 500+mph.
Yeah, and forget radar, man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies