Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 07:19 PM

10,029 posts, read 9,504,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
was talking with co-worker about politics as usual this morning, somehow we got into 9/11.

he said he's uncertain about 9/11 and was confused why building 7 would just crumble apart so easily. he is an engineer, and from what he said the story about a fireball coming out and destroying the foundation wasn't legit or possible anyways.

i explained the only possible solution being a controlled demolition from the start.

i could not explain why the US government would want to do this though.

not saying it couldn't happen, but dont get the motive.
Yes, by all means let's start a thread on this topic, not like it's ever been discussed before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2011, 03:46 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
was talking with co-worker about politics as usual this morning, somehow we got into 9/11.

he said he's uncertain about 9/11 and was confused why building 7 would just crumble apart so easily. he is an engineer, and from what he said the story about a fireball coming out and destroying the foundation wasn't legit or possible anyways.

i explained the only possible solution being a controlled demolition from the start.

i could not explain why the US government would want to do this though.

not saying it couldn't happen, but dont get the motive.
Thousands and thousands of ongoing SEC investigations into billions of dollars of corruption and malfeasance by Fortune 500 companies were obliterated in only 7 seconds.

There are billions of reasons for this building to come down. As usual, most Americans cannot believe their government capable of such a thing, even though we still have 50K troops in Iraq.

The equivalent of hiding under the bed.

Old 09-21-2011, 03:58 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,270,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Thousands and thousands of ongoing SEC investigations into billions of dollars of corruption and malfeasance by Fortune 500 companies were obliterated in only 7 seconds.

Yeah, none of these famous companies, with thousands of International and national offices, invested in off site backups.

They all kept their papers/files under lock and key in one building. No safe guards in case of fire or power downs/outages or when terrorists decide to ram airplanes into the two tall buildings next to yours.

Old 09-21-2011, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Yeah, none of these famous companies, with thousands of International and national offices, invested in off site backups.

They all kept their papers/files under lock and key in one building. No safe guards in case of fire or power downs/outages or when terrorists decide to ram airplanes into the two tall buildings next to yours.
What are you babbling about? Do you even know what the Securities and Exchange Commission is?

Old 09-21-2011, 04:23 PM

Quote:
What are you babbling about? Do you even know what the Securities and Exchange Commission is?

Yes I do. I'm commenting on your comment that "Thousands and thousands of ongoing SEC investigations into billions of dollars of corruption and malfeasance by Fortune 500 companies were obliterated in only 7 seconds."

you're making the assumption that all those "ongoing investigations" paperwork/files were housed in ONE building.

And you think that anyone would be stupid enough to do so?

Care to point out those thousand and thousand of ongoing SEC investigations?

Unless you were alluding to something else, which makes no sense in a thread about WTC 7 and what happened to it.

Old 09-21-2011, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Yes I do. I'm commenting on your comment that "Thousands and thousands of ongoing SEC investigations into billions of dollars of corruption and malfeasance by Fortune 500 companies were obliterated in only 7 seconds."

you're making the assumption that all those "ongoing investigations" paperwork/files were housed in ONE building.

And you think that anyone would be stupid enough to do so?

Care to point out those thousand and thousand of ongoing SEC investigations?

Unless you were alluding to something else, which makes no sense in a thread about WTC 7 and what happened to it.
I'm alluding to confidential investigations, many of which were not backed up.

Google is your friend. Use it, read, and learn.

Old 09-21-2011, 06:41 PM

Quote:
I'm alluding to confidential investigations, many of which were not backed up.
Yeah, any "investigator" worth his salt, would know to BACK up your findings.

What happens if that investigator died in the middle of the case? What if he/she were promoted? what if she/he moved out of state for a better job? Who is going to pick up where he/she left off?

This is your ignorance on how things are done.

Quote:
Google is your friend. Use it, read, and learn.
Cool, when I google "odanny is full of it" I'll be taken to all the "investigations" you're speaking about right?

Yet you couldn't provide a link to an article that supports you claims (and no, links to conspiracy websites do not count).

Old 09-21-2011, 10:13 PM

521 posts, read 466,965 times
It was destroyed by controlled a explosion indirectly supported by the US GovT

Old 09-21-2011, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Scates View Post
It was destroyed by controlled a explosion indirectly supported by the US GovT
More than likely, but even with video of a team of demolitions experts sneaking out of the building moments before the blast you couldn't convince the sheeple their government would ever take advantage of a horrible tragedy to destroy evidence.

I mean, it's okay to use that tragedy to start a war that kills a million people, but blow up a building?

NEVER!

Old 09-21-2011, 11:10 PM

Quote:

What happens if that investigator died in the middle of the case? What if he/she were promoted? what if she/he moved out of state for a better job? Who is going to pick up where he/she left off?
You're in over your head. Go find your own links, I don't have time for the hopeless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies