Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 10:35 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,266,164 times

Advertisements

Who is pro abortion?
I'm pro choice, most certainly.

I don't believe in killing real, live, breathing people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2011, 10:37 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,569,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
Isn't the issue not one of pro-choice/pro-life, or pro-abortion/anti-abortion but pro-freedom and anti-freedom.

Those who are willing to let the woman decide what is right for her are pro-freedom while those who insist that the government has the right to tell a women what to do are anti-freedom? When phrased truthfully, I am pro-freedom.

Personally I am not a fan of abortion, but I am a fan that we should not be dictating what someone else should do. That is up to them, their family, their doctor and their God.
Your statement is a cop out. Our entire legal code is full of laws dictating what is lawful and what is not.

If you are pro freedom like you say you are, what about the freedom of an unborn child not to be killed in some terrible way at the whim of another? Where is the freedom in that?

Come up with some real reason for supporting abortion. Freedom has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Old 09-22-2011, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Your statement is a cop out. Our entire legal code is full of laws dictating what is lawful and what is not.

If you are pro freedom like you say you are, what about the freedom of an unborn child not to be killed in some terrible way at the whim of another? Where is the freedom in that?

Come up with some real reason for supporting abortion. Freedom has absolutely nothing to do with it.
An "unborn child" has no legal rights. Do you condemn women for having miscarriages? You do understand that a large number of pregnancies do not end with birth.
The proper medical term is fetus (variation of spelling), not the emotional, breast beating "unborn child."
It can't live on it's own, it is not viable without a host.

Don't want an abortion, it's pretty simple, don't have one.
No one is forcing you to.
BTW, how many unwanted already born kids have you adopted, fostered, etc?
Or do you just want to tell others (those dreaded women) what they can do with their bodies?

You believe in welfare and child support through the governmental systems, don't you? You don't mind your taxes paying for health care, food, shelter and clothing for those who have kids that they can't support... right!

Old 09-22-2011, 10:52 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,810,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
You can be pro-choice (no one is "pro-abortion") and against the death penalty If you believe that women have a fundamental right to control their bodies, but the government doesn't have a right to kill its own people.
I agree with this. I am pro-choice, not pro-abortion, I support a woman's right to chose but do not support actual abortion at all. I don't support a lot of choices that people make for themselves but it is their lives and their bodies so they should be able to do as they please IMO. I also do not consider an embryo a baby and I am a woman and have seen ultrasounds of my two pregnancies at various points of pregnancy starting at 5 weeks.

I would never have an abortion or pressure anyone to get an abortion. I also do not support the choice to have an abortion if the pregnancy is beyond 16 weeks unless it is for medical reasons, incest, or rape.

Quote:
If they are still crying 15 years later then they made a poor choice didn't they? If they had made a different choice they would have a 14 year old child now that would bring endless joy to either them or some one else who adopted the child.

You do not know the circumstances surrounding the abortion of the child. The few people who I know IRL who have admitted to having abortions did so due to medical reasons. The fetus had genetic abnormalities, one had ancephaly and would basically die upon birth and the mother didn't want to go through with the pregnancy knowing that the child would die. She even considered it to donate organs but babies suffering from this condition usually do not have viable organs for donation so she and her husband terminated the pregnancy. Another I know was pregnant with a child with trisomy 18 and had an amnio to confirm this. This condition is also fatal for the infant so the pregnancy was terminated.

You never know someone's story regarding the termination of a pregnancy and the majority of D&Cs (abortions/terminations) are done due to medical reasons by doctors not associated with Planned Parenthood.

Old 09-22-2011, 10:58 AM

7,284 posts, read 16,670,115 times
LOL. "Pro Abortion". Sounds like the Onion's "Abortionplex" article, replete with the stupid Facebook comments of people who actually believed that it was built.

Anyway, loaded terms aside, abortion and death penalty are unrelated. So yes, I'm sure it's possible to be pro choice and anti death penalty.

Old 09-22-2011, 11:07 AM

I'mNotSorry.net; Celebrating the right to choose

So sorry, lucknow, not all people are sad that they aborted.

Again, you don't believe in abortion, don't have one.
It's really pretty simple.

Old 09-22-2011, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I'mNotSorry.net; Celebrating the right to choose

So sorry, lucknow, not all people are sad that they aborted.

Again, you don't believe in abortion, don't have one.
It's really pretty simple.
Let me tell you something you may not know. When single women get pregnant the pressure is on them to get an abortion. Just about everyone they know even assumes they will have one. Now I'm talking about Canada where access to free abortions is universal. I have had ladies tell me that when the Dr. they were seeing learned of the pregnancy, the first question out of the Dr.s mouth was , When do you want the abortion scheduled? There no talk about any alternatives, no counsel on all the potential bad health effects of the procedure. just the ignorant assumption that the woman would of course want an abortion.

My youngest daughter just by chance over the last 3 years has come into contact with 4 different young ladies who mentioned to my daughter they were scheduled to have an abortion. In each of these cases not one single person had even suggested that having the baby was a viable alternative. After talking with my daughter who by the way is a single mom with 2 kids, all 4 ladies reconsidered their hasty decision and in fact all 4 of them went on to have these babies. When they told their families they were not going to have an abortion they were treated like dirt. No one supported their decision and in 2 cases their parents kicked them out of the house.

Now that the youngest of these children are 2 years old the situation has changed very much. The grandparents who were so against these babies are now the proud grandparents who love their little ones above everything in life. My daughter is a hero to all involved.
Abortion is big big business. Those in the abortion business don't want girls to have their babies and like I said earlier the pressure is on these young women to not have a child even if there are hundreds of prospective adoptive parents waiting for that child.

The girls are told the biggest lies you can imagine. "You can't afford to raise a child". You are too young to have the responsibility" "Having an abortion is nothing" and on and on and on.

Old 09-22-2011, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Let me tell you something you may not know. When single women get pregnant the pressure is on them to get an abortion.
I couldn't read more than your first sentence of drivel.

Old 09-22-2011, 04:13 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,137,880 times
Quote:
Let me tell you something you may not know. When single women get pregnant the pressure is on them to get an abortion. Just about everyone they know even assumes they will have one. Now I'm talking about Canada where access to free abortions is universal. I have had ladies tell me that when the Dr. they were seeing learned of the pregnancy, the first question out of the Dr.s mouth was , When do you want the abortion scheduled? There no talk about any alternatives, no counsel on all the potential bad health effects of the procedure. just the ignorant assumption that the woman would of course want an abortion.

My youngest daughter just by chance over the last 3 years has come into contact with 4 different young ladies who mentioned to my daughter they were scheduled to have an abortion. In each of these cases not one single person had even suggested that having the baby was a viable alternative. After talking with my daughter who by the way is a single mom with 2 kids, all 4 ladies reconsidered their hasty decision and in fact all 4 of them went on to have these babies. When they told their families they were not going to have an abortion they were treated like dirt. No one supported their decision and in 2 cases their parents kicked them out of the house.

Now that the youngest of these children are 2 years old the situation has changed very much. The grandparents who were so against these babies are now the proud grandparents who love their little ones above everything in life. My daughter is a hero to all involved.
Abortion is big big business. Those in the abortion business don't want girls to have their babies and like I said earlier the pressure is on these young women to not have a child even if there are hundreds of prospective adoptive parents waiting for that child.

The girls are told the biggest lies you can imagine. "You can't afford to raise a child". You are too young to have the responsibility" "Having an abortion is nothing" and on and on and on.
You're Off Topic and offer no facts.

Old 09-22-2011, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I couldn't read more than your first sentence of drivel.
I guess that to you the truth, if you do not like it is drivel!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies