Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2011, 10:59 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,749,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Not that I agree or disagree with those figures .... nor want to marginalize those who suffered paralysis ... but the truth is, within those figures, any manifestation of paralysis, to include mild numbness in a limb was counted. The debilitating and severe cases of paralysis (as is the mental image people have of EVERYONE who was ever stricken with polio) was rather rare, encompassing a small percentage of the cases.

Now, to put those numbers into perspective, it is said that 36,000 people D I E each year from seasonal flu.

Like I said, Polio is recognized (by honest virologists) as one of the milder infectious diseases, that most people contracting it cleared without even knowing they'd been infected. Some suffered mild fevers, others respiratory issues like the flu, with paralysis affecting a small number of the overall cases ... and severe paralysis being very rare. This image most people have of polio as akin to the bubonic plague is simply a myth created by the ghouls cooking up these potions for profit. And there is not a lick of hard evidence that polio vaccine or any other vaccine has ever prevented one case of the disease ... let alone, eradicated any. That's the reality.

Your assumption that what the National Cancer Institute claims is true would be your first error.

Why not just ask Merck if they caused a few million cases of cancer from their cancer virus contaminated vaccines? I'm sure you'd get the straight scoop from them too ... wouldn't you? Love those warm fuzzy answers!

Yeah baby, that makes sense to you doesn't it? The people who were casually administered vaccine with cancer viruses didn't get cancer ... but those that got the cancer free vaccines were he ones that keep getting the cancers? %&$*^ &%^*&$%% ^**^$*^$

Hate to break the bad news to you, but DOWN is not UP.
Lol, many folks die from polio, and many were paralyzed. Vaccinations stop polio cold.

I'm sorry you feel you know more yhan the national cancer institute. There are many explanations for why sv40 infected polio vaccine recipients had a lower cancer rate. However the why is irrelevant, the facts are what matter. Again, as I have pointed there is no evidence that is enough for certain beliefs. Truthers, birthers, vaccine nuts, JFK conspiracy nuts etc.

Old 09-24-2011, 11:38 AM

15,070 posts, read 8,629,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
You don't know your immune system is compromised due to vaccines. There would be no reason for that, really, the whole point of vaccinations is to strengthen your immunity to those specific diseases.
You apparently don't know how the immune system works, nor do you seem to be aware of the fact that ANY TIME your body is fighting an infection, be it natural or artificially introduced, it taxes that immune system, and that makes it weaker and vulnerable to other infections.

Quote:
Did you know there are hundreds of strains of the flu virus? They only vaccinate against some that are known and new that year. You can still pick up one of the strains that you have not been vaccinated against.
Actually, the strains of viruses used to produce the seasonal flu vaccines are selected by guessing. And quite often, they guess wrong. But even if they guess right, that's no guarantee of efficacy because flu viruses are fast mutating viruses which can and often do render the prepared vaccines useless. These mutations are called antigenic drift and shift. Of course, the CDC and the vaccine manufacturers only highlight the rapid antigenic drift that occurs year to year as the primary reason why you need to get a new flu shot EVERY YEAR. What they don't tell you is that this same antigenic drift often occurs even when they "guessed correctly" in the months preceding the manufacturing of the upcoming season's flu vaccine, making even the correct strain vaccine totally worthless before the first shot is administered. But hey, when you manufacture 150 Million doses of vaccine, they aren't going to tell you it's worthless, and just flush the lot down the drain. Oh no ... they are going to continue telling you you need it. And, by taking the worthless vaccine, you DO weaken your immune system, making you more vulnerable to the real influenza strain making it's rounds.

Here's a good run down of the matter from Natural News,
Seasonal flu vaccines increase risk of pandemic H1N1 flu, stunned scientists discover
that warned of the fraud being perpetrated by the "Swine Flu Pandemic". Now, you may dismiss this source as an anti-vaccine group ... but the same data came in after the fact from the scientific community:

PLoS Medicine: Does Seasonal Influenza Vaccination Increase the Risk of Illness with the 2009 A/H1N1 Pandemic Virus?

In summary, it was found that those who received the seasonal flu vaccine were more vulnerable to becoming infected with the H1N1 Swine Flu. (Up to 247% increase).

Here's the summary excerpt from PubMed:

"The first of the case-control studies, which was based on Canada's vaccine effectiveness monitoring system, showed that, as expected, the 2008–09 TIV provided protection against seasonal influenza. However, estimates from all four studies (which included about 1,200 laboratory-confirmed pH1N1 cases and 1,500 controls) showed that prior recipients of the 2008–09 TIV had approximately 1.4–2.5 times increased chances of developing pH1N1 illness that needed medical attention during the spring–summer of 2009 compared to people who had not received the TIV."

So, there it is. This supports my claims ... as well as all of the predictions made before hand from almost every "natural medicine" source which tried to warn people about this gigantic pharmaceutical fraud for profit.

Quote:
The FDA does not need to do a study since each vaccine undergoes its own rigorous testing before being approved for distribution and use on the public.
To date, there is not one piece of hard evidence produced in all of this alleged "rigorous FDA testing" that ANY vaccine has ever prevented a disease.

Furthermore, the FDA doesn't test squat ... almost all testing is performed by the pharmaceutical manufacturer who then provides the results to the FDA for approval. This is like allowing "Bank Robbers" to be the lead investigators in the very bank robbery they are suspects, with the police blindly accepting their findings! It's total INSANITY, lacking the tiniest morsel of common sense.

This is of course the prerequisite for being a pro-vaccine person ... complete lack of critical analysis skills ... and given what we already know to be true and proven fact, it's mind boggling that so many seem incapable of grasping such elementary logic. Even in light of clear evidence of repeated acts of egregious fraud by both the pharmaceutical industry and the FDA.

Case in point ... VIOXX which is estimated to have caused over 100,000 heart attacks and possibly 50,000 deaths. Merck lied about the dangers of the drug, misrepresented the results of alleged "Scientific Studies" which themselves were performed by Merck in-house people disguised as independent scientists and organizations to gain FDA approval. And this is just one example of many. Actually, it has become the rule, rather than the exception.

The fraud goes much deeper and much further back regarding vaccines ... in fact, what most have been convinced to believe is the crowning achievement of modern medicine is in reality based on the greatest scientific medical fraud in history. That would be the mother of all vaccines ... the Smallpox Vaccine, which was formulated from "Cowpox" (an entirely different virus altogether than Smallpox) and could not have possibly worked, based on the mechanisms of immunology. Nevertheless, it's the "Crown Jewel" of vaccines, credited with the eradication of Smallpox. TOTAL FRAUD.

I think you pro-vaccine people are, at best, suffering from a massive case of denial. And that's as kind as anyone can put it.

Old 09-24-2011, 12:04 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 512ATX View Post
If we don't keep our eyes on this one, many people will suffer.

These crusades against vaccinations are insane. Given people not vaccinating their children, there has been a resurgence in pertussis and even diptheria in the US. What the hell are people thinking? Who in their right mind would send their kid to college with the meningitis vaccination?

I guess no one remembers polio and the horrors it caused. I cannot imagine that anyone would be crazy enough to pine for curable diseases and the consequences they create. Vaccination is a public health issue and is effective when the vast majority of citizens are vaccinated. That is the idea- prevent the spread of disease and avoid a pandemic.

Old 09-24-2011, 12:04 PM

15,070 posts, read 8,629,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Lol, many folks die from polio, and many were paralyzed. Vaccinations stop polio cold.

I'm sorry you feel you know more yhan the national cancer institute. There are many explanations for why sv40 infected polio vaccine recipients had a lower cancer rate. However the why is irrelevant, the facts are what matter. Again, as I have pointed there is no evidence that is enough for certain beliefs. Truthers, birthers, vaccine nuts, JFK conspiracy nuts etc.
I'm making no such insinuation. Actually, I think it is safe say that the National Cancer Institute knows a lot more about cancer than I do. They are just bald faced liars ... that's what I'm saying ... just to clarify.

And since you mentioned it .... guess what the "Truthers, birthers, vaccine nuts, JFK conspiracy nuts etc." all have in common? We reject cockamamie stories of magic bullets and poisons as being magic medicines. We're just funny that way ... I know ... crazy huh? I mean why would anyone believe that injecting live and dead viruses, DNA fragments and proteins, heavy metals, and a host of other toxic and pathogenic substances into your body would be unhealthy? Right?

You know, your side all have one thing in common too .... there is no "official story" too lame ... too unbelievable, or too lacking in fundamental common sense for you all to accept it blindly, without a single question ever entering your mind.

The bolded text above pretty much tells the tale. Many explanations aye? Right ... lots of stories and one of them is sure to be believed. But what you seem unable to consider is the PURE ILLOGIC.

I have a Restaurant .. and half of my customers get food poisoning, and half don't. The FDA inspects my food and finds Salmonella in all of the chicken ... and none in the beef. I say, it was the beef customers who ACTUALLY got sick ... not the customers who ate my chicken ... so it wasn't my fault ... something else is to blame.

And you believe this?

PS: just to clarify ... is Jackie Kennedy Onassis a conspiracy nut now too? Just askin'.

Secret Tapes Reveal Jackie Kennedy Believed Lyndon Johnson Was Behind Assassination Of JFK*

Old 09-24-2011, 12:06 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,318,165 times
Quote:
I'm making no such insinuation. Actually, I think it is safe say that the National Cancer Institute knows a lot more about cancer than I do. They are just bald faced liars ... that's what I'm saying ... just to clarify.

And since you mentioned it .... guess what the "Truthers, birthers, vaccine nuts, JFK conspiracy nuts etc." all have in common? We reject cockamamie stories of magic bullets and poisons as being magic medicines. We're just funny that way ... I know ... crazy huh? I mean why would anyone believe that injecting live and dead viruses, DNA fragments and proteins, heavy metals, and a host of other toxic and pathogenic substances into your body would be unhealthy? Right?

You know, your side all have one thing in common too .... there is no "official story" too lame ... too unbelievable, or too lacking in fundamental common sense for you all to accept it blindly, without a single question ever entering your mind.

The bolded text above pretty much tells the tale. Many explanations aye? Right ... lots of stories and one of them is sure to be believed. But what you seem unable to consider is the PURE ILLOGIC.

I have a Restaurant .. and half of my customers get food poisoning, and half don't. The FDA inspects my food and finds Salmonella in all of the chicken ... and none in the beef. I say, it was the beef customers who ACTUALLY got sick ... not the customers who ate my chicken ... so it wasn't my fault ... something else is to blame.

And you believe this?

PS: just to clarify ... is Jackie Kennedy Onassis a conspiracy nut now too? Just askin'.

Secret Tapes Reveal Jackie Kennedy Believed Lyndon Johnson Was Behind Assassination Of JFK*
She might have always been just a ditzy debutante, for her own protection and well being.

Last edited by ergohead; 09-24-2011 at 12:21 PM..

Old 09-24-2011, 12:44 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,562,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Nothing farcical about it, very real possibilities. Although, I suspect, if the poster produced their pictures, names , and SS numbers, you still would come up with some lame excuse. That is the way conspiracy folks operate. No amount of facts can move them, they are truly sick.
If it were a true story, it would have made the papers. All we are asking for is some documentation, not much of a stretch.

Old 09-24-2011, 01:08 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,562,431 times
Paralytic Polio Linked To Vaccinations

Quote:
In the majority of cases, the interval between the last injection and the onset of paralysis was between 9 and 14 days. Again, combined whooping cough, diphtheria and tetanus injections were involved. This outbreak of polio followed an intensive immunization campaign during that time, 1947-49. (134) Following these findings, the Ministry of Health recommended that diphtheria and triple vaccines should not be used in areas where polio was naturally present. From that time onwards, the incidence of paralytic polio decreased rapidly in Britain, even prior to the advent of Salk vaccination..."
Quote:
"The association of vaccines with the onset of polio continues in the modern age. During a recent polio epidemic in Oman, DTP vaccination again caused the onset of paralytic polio. In that epidemic, 70 children 5 to 24 months old contracted paralytic polio during the period 1988-1989. When compared to a control group of children without polio, it was found that a significantly higher percentage of these children had received a DTP shot within 30 days of the onset of polio, 43 percent of polio victims compared to 28 percent of controls (Sutter et al., 1992). The DTP vaccine suppresses the body's ability to fight off the polio virus."

Old 09-24-2011, 01:17 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
What it comes down to is this; there will always be victims of the disease and occasionally their will be victims of the cure (vaccines). We all know that herd immunity is needed to protect us from the disease, we just hope everyone else gets vaccinated so we don't have to risk a bad reaction. But the only reason people even consider not getting vaccinated is because they figure the risk of getting the disease is so low....because EVERYONE ELSE will get vaccinated and protect them.

Everyone wants it to be someone else's problem.

Old 09-24-2011, 01:35 PM

Quote:

And you believe this?

Thanks for identifying yourself. As predicted there is nothing that would persuade you, you are wrong.

Old 09-24-2011, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post

Not since 1999, the live virus vaccine was discontinued.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies