Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 11:03 PM

995 posts, read 1,111,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
The hell with the opt-out clause. Parents who opt out of vaccinations should be forced to home school their children.

Diseases that have essentially been eradicated are on the rise. Is it going to take another polio epidemic for you nitwits to see the light? Keep your unvaccinated kids the heck away from mine.
And if your unvaccinated kids give other kids that disease, their parents get to sue you for everything you own and your lifetime wages for NEGLIGENCE and CAUSING A CATASTROPHE.

Damned uneducated selfish fools.

Last edited by AnneWest; 09-24-2011 at 11:27 PM..

Old 09-24-2011, 11:14 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,533,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
I see.... Well you were pretty misleading in your post, you should work on that.
No he wasn't. Just because you haven't read this thread, don't blame that on him. You blow in here and start sniping at posts, when you don't know the context. Quit being so condescending - maybe we can all learn something. Can we just have a conversation, without all the pugnacious attacks?

Old 09-24-2011, 11:20 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,087,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
No he wasn't. Just because you haven't read this thread, don't blame that on him. You blow in here and start sniping at posts, when you don't know the context. Quit being so condescending - maybe we can all learn something. Can we just have a conversation, without all the pugnacious attacks?
Actually I have read this entire thread. Again it is pretty customary to quote someone when you are responding to a claim. No one is learning anything when someone is posting misinformation.

Old 09-24-2011, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
You sure are snarky. What are your credentials to be so argumentative?
BS in Microbiology and minor in Biochemistry from the University of Texas.

Old 09-24-2011, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
He's got nothing, so he's appealing to authority.

He's too lazy to set up his own experiments.

And, he knows he wouldn't get funding, anyway.
I use my degree as quality control worker in a food processing plant. My tests are paid for by the good people at Sysco.

I'm flattered by the attention you are giving me.

Old 09-24-2011, 11:50 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,280,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
I use my degree as quality control worker in a food processing plant. My tests are paid for by the good people Sysco.

I'm flattered by the attention you are giving me.
Sysco is a PERSON.

Old 09-24-2011, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Sysco is a PERSON.
There I corrected it. Thanks for the heads up!

Old 09-25-2011, 12:04 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,533,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneWest View Post
And if your unvaccinated kids give other kids that disease, their parents get to sue you for everything you own and your lifetime wages for NEGLIGENCE and CAUSING A CATASTROPHE.

Damned uneducated selfish fools.
Can you provide an example of one family successfully suing another for such an incident?
You do realize that you are suggesting taking away a parents right to decide what is best for their child, for the supposed "greater good". There seems to be a movement to eliminate informed parental consent and replace it with government knows best policies. This is very dangerous, and assumes a "one size fits all". What about the child that has an adverse reaction, and dies, or has brain damage, or some other disability? How would you compensate those parents?

Quote:
The fact that vaccines can cause injury and death officially was acknowledged in the United States in 1986 when Congress passed the National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act, creating a no-fault federal compensation system for vaccine-injured children to protect the vaccine manufacturers and doctors from personal-injury lawsuits. Since then, the system has paid out more than $1 billion to 1,000 families, whose loved ones have died or been harmed by vaccines, even though three out of four applicants are turned away.
Since 1990, between 12,000 and 14,000 reports of hospitalizations, injuries and deaths following vaccination are made to the federal Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System, or VAERS, annually, but it is estimated that only between 1 and 10 percent of all doctors make reports to VAERS. Therefore, the number of vaccine-related health problems occurring in the United States every year may be more than 1 million.
In the late 1980s, the Institute of Medicine, or IOM, and the National Academy of Sciences convened committees of physicians to study existing medical knowledge about vaccines and, in 1991 and 1994, IOM issued historic reports confirming vaccines can cause death, as well as a wide spectrum of brain and immune-system damage. But the most important conclusion, which deserves greater public attention and congressional action, was: “The lack of adequate data regarding many of the [vaccine] adverse events under study was of major concern to the committee. [T]he committee encountered many gaps and limitations in knowledge bearing directly or indirectly on the safety of vaccines.”
Because so little medical research has been conducted on vaccine side effects, no tests have been developed to identify and screen out vulnerable children. As a result, public-health officials have taken a “one-size-fits-all” approach and have aggressively implemented mandatory vaccination laws while dismissing children who are injured or die after vaccination as unfortunate but necessary sacrifices “for the greater good.” This utilitarian rationale is of little comfort to the growing number of mothers and fathers who watch their once-healthy, bright children get vaccinated and then suddenly descend into mental retardation, epilepsy, learning and behavior disorders, autism, diabetes, arthritis and asthma. Some adverse reactions are fatal.
As vaccination rates have approached 98 percent for children entering kindergarten in many states, there is no question that mass vaccination in the last quarter-century has suppressed infectious diseases in childhood, eradicating polio in the Western hemisphere and lowering the number of cases of measles from a high of more than 400,000 cases in 1965 to only 100 in 1999. Yet, even as infectious-disease rates have fallen, rates of chronic disease and disability among children and young adults have risen dramatically.

Should parents be allowed to opt out of vaccinating their kids?** By Barbara Loe Fisher
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies