Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 01:31 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times

Advertisements

You can't have it both ways. You can either whine that Texas just created low wage jobs that no one wants or you can say Americans want those jobs that illegals are taking. Pick your side but don't be Humpty Dumpty sitting on the wall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2011, 01:33 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,811,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Who is Perry for? Americans or immigrant?
The illegals.

Old 09-22-2011, 01:36 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
You can't have it both ways. You can either whine that Texas just created low wage jobs that no one wants or you can say Americans want those jobs that illegals are taking. Pick your side but don't be Humpty Dumpty sitting on the wall.
How in the world is this a matter of "either/or"?
1- Mostly low wage jobs are being created in Texas
2- The jobs being created in Texas are mostly going to immigrants (doesn't mean illegal, BTW).

If it were a matter of opposing choices, which DO you prefer? You must one of them.

Old 09-22-2011, 01:43 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
This does not surprise me. I expected it, not just Texas either. However, this should sink Perry as far as I'm concerned.

Study: Most new Texas jobs went to immigrants | Campaign 2012 (http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/study-most-new-texas-jobs-went-immigrants - broken link)
As opposed to most US jobs going to......uh, nobody. And it's not "most", it's half. And since I'm the other "half" that got a job in Texas, when I couldn't find a job in CA, I say thank you, Mr. Perry.

Funny, the Libs LOVE immigrants, especially illegal ones, until they make a conservative look good.

Old 09-22-2011, 01:44 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Lightbulb Perry+corporations = un-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Who is Perry for? Americans or immigrant?

Perry is for the corporations that hire those illegals.

You have to understand that the GOP's corporate owners love having a huge pool of illegal workers. It has the effect of holding down wages and benefits for American workers. Plus, the health care for the illegals is picked up by taxpayers, not employer-sponsored health plans. Uninsured illegals clog up your local emergency room, making facilities less available to Americans and their expenses are covered by taxpayer dollars.

Old 09-22-2011, 01:45 PM

2,202 posts, read 4,328,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
This does not surprise me. I expected it, not just Texas either. However, this should sink Perry as far as I'm concerned.

Study: Most new Texas jobs went to immigrants | Campaign 2012 (http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/study-most-new-texas-jobs-went-immigrants - broken link)
How convenient that the article doesn't mention what the jobs were, how much they paid, or whether or not any Americans were denied those jobs.

As a Literacy Volunteer of America - English As A Second Language tutor I helped recent immigrants learn better English so they could get better jobs.

- one had 8 yrs. of university and was a hydroelectrical engineer who fled communist Poland after being jailed 5 yrs. for participating in a pro-democracy rally...he was a 3rd shift forklift operator at a local factory

- another was a classical pianist and poet from communist Lithuania; she married an American GI stationed in Germany, they had two children; she was giving piano lessons out of her home but was hoping to improve her English so she could write poetry in English.

Last edited by James1202; 09-22-2011 at 02:17 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 09-22-2011, 02:21 PM

8,630 posts, read 9,137,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
As opposed to most US jobs going to......uh, nobody. And it's not "most", it's half. And since I'm the other "half" that got a job in Texas, when I couldn't find a job in CA, I say thank you, Mr. Perry.

Funny, the Libs LOVE immigrants, especially illegal ones, until they make a conservative look good.
Don't assume that because I posted a negative on Perry means that I'm a liberal. This POS who styles his hair after Ronald Reagan is exactly what this country does not need. He is looking after his own best interest at the expense of Texans, and if elected POTUS it will at the expense of the people, American taxpayers, American workers, who by the way are the ones mentioned in the US Constitution, not illegals by the millions:
"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

Old 09-22-2011, 02:27 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
At this very moment, we have a job opening here in Dallas area. It will be paying up to $97K (not bad in Dallas area and Texas in general). But it isn't Rick Perry who can be credited for it. You may thank the Health Care Reform for it. In fact, everybody who suggests Health Care Reform ("ObamaCare") is job killing idea should be kicked with a dose of reality. The shameless idiot, Perry, visited this office last year for it being one of the top hiring corporations in Texas. And guess what, a vast majority of the hirings are due to... Health Care Reform that he hates.

So much for such job creators.

Old 09-22-2011, 02:48 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
He is for the corporation. Immigrants - especially illegal ones - are cheap labor, meaning more profits. Plus their kids can go to college and pay in-state tuition while kids of US citizens but not in TX have to pay full price. Still, many will vote for Perry since he has a hotline to god in cases of drought.
Large coroporations do not hire illegals. Get real; your small restaurtants maybe, your gardener or your roofer, but I have worked for a couple large corporations as have family members, you are totally off base on this one. You don't have to like him but make sure of what you are saying before you rattle on and on.

NIta

Old 09-22-2011, 02:51 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
At this very moment, we have a job opening here in Dallas area. It will be paying up to $97K (not bad in Dallas area and Texas in general). But it isn't Rick Perry who can be credited for it. You may thank the Health Care Reform for it. In fact, everybody who suggests Health Care Reform ("ObamaCare") is job killing idea should be kicked with a dose of reality. The shameless idiot, Perry, visited this office last year for it being one of the top hiring corporations in Texas. And guess what, a vast majority of the hirings are due to... Health Care Reform that he hates.

So much for such job creators.
Anecdotal. And these jobs don't even come close to making up for all the jobs that will be lost because of the healthcare law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies