Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 04:15 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,093,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
My B/S Detector is going off FULL BLAST HERE!
You must be reading the same babble by geeoro the rest of us are struggling to read without laughing

Tell me again geeoro, if 1/6th of the economy is healthcare, then what must the tax rate of the WHOLE economy be to pay for it

Here goes the math since you cant do it for yourself, (even though my 5th grade son was able too)

100% of the economy / 1/6th of the nations economy = 17% / 50% of the nation who pays taxes = 34% TAX INCREASE to pay for it..

AGAIN geeoro.. HOW DO YOU PAY FOR IT!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2011, 04:19 PM
C.C

2,235 posts, read 2,362,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
My point was that just b/c a certain amount is billed to the insurance does not mean that is what the docs are getting paid.

ETA I think I misinterpreted your post.
Sorry I guess I wasn't clear - providers accept contracted fees that are a small fraction of the fee they bill. Even if the full amount is less than your deductible, you're only responsible for the much smaller amount your insurance co would cover if you had met the deductible.

Old 09-23-2011, 04:20 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,563,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
What happened is you proved you dont have a clue. Extening the tax status quo gives you the status quo, and did do any further harm that increasing taxes would have.
Oh, that's just the thing. I know exactly what happened. You won't admit what did, though.

Old 09-23-2011, 04:25 PM

8,628 posts, read 9,133,134 times
Quote:
You didnt do the math because its not cheaper at all.

I know very well what the hell I'm talking about. moaning and groaning, waaa, waaa.. non stop bs from posters who think others should be paying for YOUR wifes costs. I'm not putting you on ignore, I find the liberals whining and crying humorous.

Wow, lets redo 1/6th of the nations economy because it takes years to get on the disability list. The answer couldnt possibly be to FIX the problem. No, lets fk up the whole industry just so we dont have to hear you whine. No thank you.. FIX THE PROBLEMS.. NOT CREATE NEW ONES!!!!
You have absolutely no clue. No one paid for my wife's illness. I never seeked you or anyone else to pay for my wife's illness or anything else for that matter. We needed help badly because she was not receiving any help or cooperation from the insurance company. Another words my wife was not getting proper treatment from any doctor. Have you ever been in a position where the thought had crossed your mind that putting your loved one out of their misery might be the proper thing to do?
After fighting the insurance companies and doctors who were taking orders from insurance companies, we paid out of pocket and almost lost everything we worked for for decades within months. I'll also say it is easy for you to set there leaning back in your office chair posting in response to me "moaning and groaning, waaa, waaa.. non stop bs" however, I can guarantee if we were face to face you would choose otherwise.

Old 09-23-2011, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Ooh please.. you dont even want to begin to talk about health issues with me because I've had more than my fair share of around the block. My dad has a rare diseases that he has to go get a $50k transfusion every 3 weeks or he cant even get out of bed. My fiance, has Chrohns disease. You have no clue about other people here so dont pretend to speak about our lack of knowing what others go through "until something awful happens".
Then I suggest you acquire bedside manners cause you got none!

Old 09-23-2011, 04:29 PM
C.C

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
There has only been one thing I have had to pay out of pocket in its entirety. It was bloodwork not covered by my insurance and I had to pay the amount the insurance would have paid. NOT the amount they had billed to my insurance company.

When I was in massage school, we were taught that if we were to become a provider with any insurance company, we have to bill something crazy to the insurance companies to get the maximum amount for our services, which is approximately what we would have gotten if we had charged the client out of pocket. We had to bill over $100 an hour (I forget the exact amount b/c it is billed in .25 hour increments) to get something like $45 for the hour. The client would then pay a copay to equal the difference. This was a few years ago so I don't remember the details, but it ended up being too much of a hassle to even bother taking insurance.
If the provider is "in network" they should accept the contracted rate for a covered treatment as full payment. Of course out of network or uncovered or only partially covered services can result in higher out of pocket costs. For example, insurance may cover half the standard cost of a dental procedure such as a crown, but if you choose to use a high-fee dentist you may be on the hook for the difference between the covered cost and the dentist's full fee.

Old 09-23-2011, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
No problem......BTW....he is a she....
You're a she? Who woulda thunk?

Old 09-23-2011, 04:31 PM
C.C

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
You're a she? Who woulda thunk?
What? You never heard of a female dentist???

Old 09-23-2011, 04:34 PM

Quote:
I have no interest in paying for a UHC because I'm not a failure and I have the ability to invest my insurance premiums to obtain wealth. You might need a UHC because you cant figure out how to make a dime and support your own bills, but thats more of an indication of your failures.. Not mine.

If UHC is so much better and cheaper, again, tell me why the government NOW contracts out these services to the private sector?
You see pghquest, your statement is all fine and dandy but not everyone is like you, get it? Although your approach to money maybe sound your talk is a lack of empathy. You seem to have difficulty placing yourself in others' shoes. This tells me your ego is as large as UnitedHealthcare and Etna combined.

Last edited by jmking; 09-23-2011 at 04:49 PM..

Old 09-23-2011, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.C View Post
That IS what I'm referring to - what exactly is your question? I will pay $1700/mo for premiums, plus the first $5000 of care out of pocket for myself, plus the first $5000 out of pocket for my wife. That IS "lower" premiums now that obamacare is taking effect. My premium rate ending in Oct for that coverage is $1250...
Good grief, that is high. I can't see how that is sustainable for many families.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies