Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 11:06 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Obama was so mean to "us" business owners........whaaaaaah!

[He can't tell you what Obama did that was so mean...but Hannity told him]
Buy the way, this is what we are doing to Obama.

I pulled out of banks and will only buy what I have to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2011, 11:14 AM

8,629 posts, read 9,130,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
#1 way to create jobs ---- Repeal Obamacare

#1 Way to create jobs is to have a UHC system built in the USA.

No more need for medicare/aid or vet hospitals

Millions of jobs created overnight to construct a UHC and more millions of jobs to run the UHC.... Builders, Architects, Doctors, Nurses, Technicians, security, cleaners, cooks, drivers, porters etc etc etc etc etc.
Opening new American factories to supply the UHC and the Hospitals etc etc etc.
Small tax to pay for the UHC and EVERY CITIZEN wins.
Oh i forgot.... it wouldn't keep the Insurance companies mega rich or the Doctors being able to charge the Insurance Companies 4 times the amounts for treatments as opposed to cash payers.
Reform Tort.
Imagine a real American health service that is cheaper to run than the present system and more effective.
The Govt. does NOT come between the patient and the Doctor. Too many on here assume that a Govt funded healthcare system works like the present Insurance based health system that is here...... NO it doesn't. When using a Insurance company,... THEY decide whether you get treatment and go out of their way to NOT pay for your treatment. A Govt. funded system is run by local health authorities and not the Govt. The Health professionals decide your treatment.
If a UHC was created it would probably get rid of 99% of Unemployment in te USA.
Jobs and Health Care............. PERFECT!
Not to mention goods and services would be much more competitive in the global market. Can't have that happen. Instead we've got this forcing of the people to purchase for-profit insurance...who wrote that bill anyway? Now, we've got a ditch digging job stimulus bill coming our way, WTF?

Old 09-23-2011, 11:28 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,152,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I want to repeal Obamacare and replace it with a government sponsored Universal Health CARE System without any private sector involvment in insurance, drugs or facilites.
As soon as you figure out how to pay for it, you can make that happen, but first you might want to figure out how to pay for Social Security. And your interstate system. And your electrical grid. And a few other things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
I thought extending tax cuts to the wealthiest was supposed to create and help turn around the economy. It has been almost 9 months now. What happened, conservatives?
It's an economy, not a train. It doesn't run on a schedule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
It has NOTHING to do with tax rates, healthcare, availability of loans or any other crazy crap your right wing leaders tell you.
Okay, so tell us O Wizened One With The Big Brain exactly how much an employee will cost under Obamacare in 2014.

We're waiting with great anticip-p-p-p-pation.

You are competent enough to answer a question like that, aren't you?

Quote:
Imagine a real American health service that is cheaper to run than the present system and more effective.
Some people did imagine such a system, but one of Obama's campaign finance donors, the American Hospital Association (AHA) outlawed such a system. You can read about it in Obamacare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
Not to mention goods and services would be much more competitive in the global market.
An American earning 125x to 300x more than workers in the global economy is going to be "much more competitive?"

Really? Are you smoking cow dung?

Old 09-23-2011, 11:49 AM

8,629 posts, read 9,130,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Hey....I make good money digging fancy ditches....
Yes but, you're the bossman.

Last edited by jmking; 09-23-2011 at 12:43 PM..

Old 09-23-2011, 11:53 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,843,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
Not to mention goods and services would be much more competitive in the global market. Can't have that happen. Instead we've got this forcing of the people to purchase for-profit insurance...who wrote that bill anyway? Now, we've got a ditch digging job stimulus bill coming our way, WTF?
Having a vast experience of using a UHC, I can say without a doubt it is a HUGE job creator.
A UHC would boost the job market and rebuild industry in the USA.
Health is NOT a luxury item that should be treated as a "Perk" if you have money, instead it should be a cornerstone for American know how, NOT American Greed and Elitism.
Obama wanted a single payer system but once again "Politics" got in the way. I am amazed at how the so called "Obamacare" is now being blamed for the economic tragedy in America......... The recession happened before Obama.... what was the 'whipping boy" for that?.... the possibility of "Obamacare"...... NO... it was partly caused by the greed of the Banks, Insurance Companies and "Fat Cats".
Getting rid of "Obamacare" or even Obama will NOT create jobs and the "Cut, Cut, Cut attitude of the right will NEVER create ANYTHING but destroy any chance of a recovery...... You cannot say NO to revenue and expect the Country to go forward and create jobs. The Bush tax cuts FAILED and yet they are being held up as a example to create jobs..... so why didn't the tax loopholes for the big companies create jobs but only lead America into recession?????????????
America must NOW kick out the old static system that has brought America to its knees and stop asking everyone but the wealthy to make sacrifices.
We need a UHC to create millions of jobs, new factories to produce "state of the art" medical equipment that we can use at home and sell abroad. Cut the pharmaceutical monopoly on drug prices and give the huge Insurance Companies some much needed competition.... watch their premiums drop like a stone. Reform tort.
When any one abroad bought from America they would proudly say..... This was "Made in America" and feel it was the spearhead of technology. Today you no longer hear that....... Banks, insurance companies etc make NOTHING except huge wealth for their CEO's. Let's get America back on its feet the same way it became the greatest country in the World... by quality products and innovation.
I had a business in the UK where i sold "Americanalia". I specifically bought from the USA as i wanted genuine American items.... guess what?.... every single item was made in China by Chinese workers.... Disgusting!
Saying that getting rid of "Obamacare" will solve our jobless problem is not only naive but just plain DUMB.
This now seems to be the cry from the right.... "get rid" or "Cut back".... NO ONE has ever moved forward by walking backwards but the right seem to think they can.
They should learn that "Abolish" does NOT mean 'Create".

Old 09-23-2011, 12:03 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Having a vast experience of using a UHC, I can say without a doubt it is a HUGE job creator.
A UHC would boost the job market and rebuild industry in the USA.
Health is NOT a luxury item that should be treated as a "Perk" if you have money, instead it should be a cornerstone for American know how, NOT American Greed and Elitism.
Obama wanted a single payer system but once again "Politics" got in the way. I am amazed at how the so called "Obamacare" is now being blamed for the economic tragedy in America......... The recession happened before Obama.... what was the 'whipping boy" for that?.... the possibility of "Obamacare"...... NO... it was partly caused by the greed of the Banks, Insurance Companies and "Fat Cats".
Getting rid of "Obamacare" or even Obama will NOT create jobs and the "Cut, Cut, Cut attitude of the right will NEVER create ANYTHING but destroy any chance of a recovery...... You cannot say NO to revenue and expect the Country to go forward and create jobs. The Bush tax cuts FAILED and yet they are being held up as a example to create jobs..... so why didn't the tax loopholes for the big companies create jobs but only lead America into recession?????????????
America must NOW kick out the old static system that has brought America to its knees and stop asking everyone but the wealthy to make sacrifices.
We need a UHC to create millions of jobs, new factories to produce "state of the art" medical equipment that we can use at home and sell abroad. Cut the pharmaceutical monopoly on drug prices and give the huge Insurance Companies some much needed competition.... watch their premiums drop like a stone. Reform tort.
When any one abroad bought from America they would proudly say..... This was "Made in America" and feel it was the spearhead of technology. Today you no longer hear that....... Banks, insurance companies etc make NOTHING except huge wealth for their CEO's. Let's get America back on its feet the same way it became the greatest country in the World... by quality products and innovation.
I had a business in the UK where i sold "Americanalia". I specifically bought from the USA as i wanted genuine American items.... guess what?.... every single item was made in China by Chinese workers.... Disgusting!
Saying that getting rid of "Obamacare" will solve our jobless problem is not only naive but just plain DUMB.
This now seems to be the cry from the right.... "get rid" or "Cut back".... NO ONE has ever moved forward by walking backwards but the right seem to think they can.
They should learn that "Abolish" does NOT mean 'Create".

Well said.
While I too am 100% in favor of UHC, I found this a rather interesting counterpoint to the OP:

If ObamaCare Is Like RomneyCare, It Will Be A Job Creating Machine

Old 09-23-2011, 12:06 PM

54 posts, read 77,237 times
Full Repeal of Obamacare!

AMEN!

Old 09-23-2011, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L&TT View Post
Full Repeal of Obamacare!

AMEN!
Bet you haven't even read the health care bill.... Oh well "Hannity speak" will do for you i suppose

Old 09-23-2011, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Well said.
While I too am 100% in favor of UHC, I found this a rather interesting counterpoint to the OP:

If ObamaCare Is Like RomneyCare, It Will Be A Job Creating Machine
Great article and oh so true.....
Here is a small snippet if i may..............
"We have all heard the talking point from the Republican Party, that the Affordable Healthcare Act is a job killer. This is obviously a fabrication, especially if what everyone says is true that, ObamaCare is a carbon copy of Massachusetts and RomneyCare. The Massachusetts plan was passed in 2006, and since then the Massachusetts healthcare industry has been a job creating machine. In fact the entire Massachusetts economy is doing pretty well.
In Massachusetts healthcare employment exploded 9.5% per capita from December 2005- September 2010 beating the rest of the country by 4%. Healthcare employment during that time frame nationwide increased only 5.5% according to Bloomberg."
Well said and well spotted TigerLilly

Old 09-23-2011, 12:19 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,811,170 times
Quote:
#1 way to create jobs ---- Repeal Obamacare

#1 Way to create jobs is to have a UHC system built in the USA.

No more need for medicare/aid or vet hospitals
How are you going to pay for it? I know by raising taxes of course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies