Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2011, 07:51 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,433,738 times

Advertisements

I don't condone excuses made by my party, or the other. When something is wrong i say so, and it was. Disrespectuf to those who serve, Men, Women, Gay or Straight, Race, or Religion, if they serve, they deserve the same respect.

Some explaining is due. And trust me both party's have their faults, both.

Old 09-23-2011, 07:51 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,271,574 times
Could they have been booing the 'gotcha' question aspect?

Old 09-23-2011, 07:54 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,477,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
The crowds at each debate have been all about hate,

(1) Let Him Die
(2) Cheering 234 executions
(3) Booing RP's Dream act answer
and (4) Booing the soldier

The GOP needs time out steps with dunce caps for these audience members.
Exactly. This is more than just an isolated incident. Something has happened at every debate so far. By your fruit you will know them. I was going to sit out this election this year, but I'm second guessing that after these debates, much as I'm unimpressed with Obama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I doubt any politician of any political persuasion would have made waves against a couple of ignorant yahoos.
Doesn't matter. It's the principle of the thing. They are ignorant yahoos, but the GOP candidates either secretly agreed or were too cowardly to stand up to them. Either way they don't deserve my respect and are getting none.

Old 09-23-2011, 07:58 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,959,536 times
Correct, mackinac81, and I sincerely doubt RR would have stayed silent and cowardly regarding these crowds. I doubt he would agree to a TP debate, if he had watched their actions for the last few years. They are acting up, partly due IMO to getting attention like a child kicking his legs and screaming rolling around on the floor protesting a parent. GOP will lose the independents due SOLELY to the TP, as displayed via debate audiences.

Old 09-23-2011, 07:59 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,407,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Exactly. This is more than just an isolated incident. Something has happened at every debate so far. By your fruit you will know them. I was going to sit out this election this year, but I'm second guessing that after these debates, much as I'm unimpressed with Obama.

Doesn't matter. It's the principle of the thing. They are ignorant yahoos, but the GOP candidates either secretly agreed or were too cowardly to stand up to them. Either way they don't deserve my respect and are getting none.
I hope I never implied that I have respect for politicians. I most certainly do not. The vast majority are self serving hacks. I have tremendous respect for Herman Cain and I think that Ron Paul is a stand up man but I disagree with many of his stances.

Old 09-23-2011, 08:07 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,246,296 times
I wouldn't get too upset over this. It just shows the people's truly disgusting souls. Absolutely pathetic excuse for human beings. Sickening. Disgusting.

There has been a disgusting incident at each of these debates. That is okay. It will work against them in the long run. They are going to lose in 2012. These people who cheer for the death of an uninsured young man, hypothetical or not, and boo a soldier because he is gay are disgusting excuses for human beings. Just be glad you are not them. They are stupid.

Last edited by Ecovlke; 09-23-2011 at 09:14 PM..

Old 09-23-2011, 08:08 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,039,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Of course it's no big deal. It was at a Republican event. At a democrat event you'd be jumping all over it with claims that libs hate soldiers and are unpatriotic.

And yes, I despise anyone who would do that to a soldier. For those who didn't do it...hopefully they didn't agree with them. It's still disgraceful and the candidates should have called them out on it. Terrible.
Oh please!

Your ilk are the ones who spat at American soldiers coming home from Vietnam.

I have a friend that served in Vietnam.

He is extremely liberal.

He said that it's a myth that the left spat on soldiers returning from Vietnam.

I call BS on that, regardless of our friendship.

If a republican were in office now, you lefties would still be spewing your hatred of the military.

And, we don't need openly gay soldiers.

Old 09-23-2011, 08:25 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,277,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Oh please!

He is extremely liberal.

If a republican were in office now, you lefties would still be spewing your hatred of the military.

Talk to the ghost of Murtha and he will tell you American soldiers are baby killers. Liberals hate the military.

Old 09-23-2011, 08:26 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,477,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Oh please!

He is extremely liberal.

Excuse me. I would not have done that! (In any case, I was born after the war). My cousin served in Iraq. I have great respect for him. Again, to disrespect a soldier who is willing to put his life on the line for you and me is a disgusting, dishonorable and awful thing to do, no matter which party does it. Is it so hard for you to believe that liberals can be patriotic and respectful of the troops too? Or are you too self righteously wrapped up in the flag to know that conservatives don't have a monopoly on patriotism?

Old 09-23-2011, 08:28 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,300,126 times
Reap what you sow, man. Reap what you sow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.