Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 10:08 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,972,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
it was 2 people who booed.

and im not a gop guy, im an independent.
refreshing...someone with logic and reason

Old 09-23-2011, 10:10 AM

With the way people try to fan the flames of hate here, I wouldnt be surprised if these people and those cheering for the death of the uninsured at the last debate were plants...sad to even have to think that might be the case.

Old 09-23-2011, 10:16 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
I'm not sure who's worsee at these GOP debates- the morons on stage, or the troglodyte sub-humans in the audience:

At GOP debate, crowd boos gay soldier's question on 'don't ask, don't tell' - latimes.com

Santorum: "There is no place for sexual activity in the military" ...

I'm sorry, but... I hope you Wingers are enjoying your freak-show "candidates" as much as I am.
Yup, and some people ask why I call them Repugs(short for repugnant).

Maybe Ms. Freakshow, Bachmann, will call for having them investigated for UN-American, ANTI-American statements???? Or don't these pigs count because they're REPUGS???

Republicans, the Anti-Troop party.....

Old 09-23-2011, 10:17 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,877,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
With the way people try to fan the flames of hate here, I wouldnt be surprised if these people and those cheering for the death of the uninsured at the last debate were plants...sad to even have to think that might be the case.
I know these threads occur on both sides, republican and democrat. But here we have it, it can't be more of a blatant case of media distortation then this - "CROWD" boes, "the audience" boos. It's not kindof incorrect, it's outright incorrect. You can hear only 2 or 3 voices, and last time I checked that does not constitue a crowd or audience. And the sad thing is, people are happy to believe it. Overjoyed to use this as an issue, no matter how distorted it is.

How do outright lies in a headline bring the nation together?

Old 09-23-2011, 10:18 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
LOL! Wriggle, squirm, crawl, worm, excuse, lie, wish, make believe, ....anything but face the truth....

So sorry , but Repugnants have their history .....

Old 09-23-2011, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
I know these threads occur on both sides, republican and democrat. But here we have it, it can't be more of a blatant case of media distortation then this - "CROWD" boes, "the audience" boos. It's not kindof incorrect, it's outright incorrect. You can hear only 2 or 3 voices, and last time I checked that does not constitue a crowd or audience.

How do outright lies in a headline bring the nation together?
You couldn't be more correct. I really have a hard time identifying as a Democrat or Repblican, Im much more Libertarian than anything, but I just feel like the Democratic party spends more time trying to provoke anger and hate than they do trying to stand behind, and defend and strengthen their own platform.

Old 09-23-2011, 10:22 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
For THIS reason alone, I simply want to vote for Obama, as a gay man myself. This further illustrates the homophobia that exists within the Republican party. Ridiculous.
Didn't Clinton enact DADT? Isn't he a Dem?

Old 09-23-2011, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
LOL! Wriggle, squirm, crawl, worm, excuse, lie, wish, make believe, ....anything but face the truth....

So sorry , but Repugnants have their history .....
Thank you for proving my point...more name calling and willful ignorance to advance a false premise. Truly sad, but shows exactly why nothing gets done in DC.

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
I passed on yet another republican debate, so I missed the big booing. Is it not ironic that at each of their debates they end up showing the barbaric nature, the lack of compassion, and lack of respect for fellow humans that is rampant among republicans.

That is fine with me. They will lose in 2012. With the take over by extreme religiouscrats and the tea party they are working their way to Nazism. The type of hysteria that permeates from the right on all social issues like immigration, poverty, equal rights, abortion and more is a sickness. If you watch them you will see they twist and turn every word in the bible to justify heinous hate.

Everyday that I watch them I become more disgusted with their growing toxic cloud of extreme hate.
You didn't watch it, yet you know exactly what they are all about. And all negative, of course. Really?

As for extreme hate, you need to look at the Dems for that. The hateful rhetoric is getting quite toxic, now that they're realizing their savior will lose in 2012.

14,993 posts, read 23,877,846 times
Quote:
You couldn't be more correct. I really have a hard time identifying as a Democrat or Repblican, Im much more Libertarian than anything, but I just feel like the Democratic party spends more time trying to provoke anger and hate than they do trying to stand behind, and defend and strengthen their own platform.
Hey I am not defending the republican posters here either that create a thread like this garbage, these type of posts occur on both sides. These aren't issues, these deflect from the real issues. And that's the sad part.

Or, maybe the sadest part, the people that are posting here, the people that I assume vote, are falling for these "serious issues" and the media distortations.

My God look at that one poster " so I missed the big booing...barbaric nature, the lack of compassion, and lack of respect for fellow humans that is rampant among republicans...working their way to Nazism... heinous hate... their growing toxic cloud of extreme hate." That's almost the level of hysteria!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies