Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 04:50 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,439,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
From the OP link..looks like it was a global thing signed by several nations.
So went in under Bush..what has the Dem administration done in 2.5 years about it ? Are they (the Dems) for the common man ? If so what have they done to stop this ?

It may have been enacted under Bush but Obama has done nothing to stop it. So both get dinged.

From the OP link:
"The action is part of an agreement signed by the U.S. and other nations to stop using substances that deplete the ozone layer, a region in the atmosphere that helps block harmful ultraviolet rays from the Sun."
The Dems like to squak, but they have done diddly squat about this issue. He is so not making this the party of Change. All he is pretty much the same of what we have known.

Hope n' Change, went right out the window, such a lie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2011, 04:57 PM

1,187 posts, read 995,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
You can't make this stuff up. EPA to ban over the counter asthma inhalers to save the ozone layer.

Asthma inhalers to be phased out to protect ozone layer - TODAY Health - TODAY.com

Unfreakingbelievable
So, it's not bad enough that it's hard to get and find inhalers over the counter because of the possibility that stupid addicts might make meth from the ingredients. NOW we have to not only pay more for something that KEEPS ME BREATHING but the alternative drug is one of the most dangerous drugs out there and has killed MANY people who use inhalers!

yea, thanks Obamama (not a misspelling, I think he wants to be everyone's mama) and thanks EPA! I think I'll stock up on the inhalers while I can still get them!

Old 09-23-2011, 05:01 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,808,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
From the OP link..looks like it was a global thing signed by several nations.
So went in under Bush..what has the Dem administration done in 2.5 years about it ? Are they (the Dems) for the common man ? If so what have they done to stop this ?

It may have been enacted under Bush but Obama has done nothing to stop it. So both get dinged.

From the OP link:
"The action is part of an agreement signed by the U.S. and other nations to stop using substances that deplete the ozone layer, a region in the atmosphere that helps block harmful ultraviolet rays from the Sun."
Nice deflection, "Yeah well,...Bush and the right wingers enacted it, but it's Obama's fault for not repealing it!"
Ridiculous

Old 09-23-2011, 05:03 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,460,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Nice deflection, "Yeah well,...Bush and the right wingers enacted it, but it's Obama's fault for not repealing it!"
Ridiculous
What deflection..you posted this was "Bush's fault" so I came back with "What has the current administration done to fix that bad move"?

But that's ok..don't address it. Obama has no faults and the Dems are nothing but "angels" in search of utopia and goodness for ALL. I never BLAMED Obama..just posed the thought that in 2.5 years this bad enactment by the EPA was allowed to stand and go through.

Look at it this way..it's another win for big pharma and a loss for Americans who rely on OTC enhalers.

Old 09-23-2011, 05:17 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,228,537 times
How many of you actually use Primatene mist?

Old 09-23-2011, 05:25 PM

1,187 posts, read 995,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
I do.. not often, because I take care to keep my asthma under control. But occaisionally I get around some chemicals/perfume that cause me to have an attack and the only thing that helps sometimes is the OTC inhalers. Sometimes, although not often, I have to go to urgent care to get a nebulizer treatment. Usually the inhalers work just fine though.

Old 09-23-2011, 05:51 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,281,607 times
I don't. My rescue inhaler is albuterol, and I fortunately do not have to use it often. I was warned off Primatene years ago when I was with my first husband. His doctors had serious concerns about it, and so he stopped using it. After that and switching to albuterol (inhaler mostly, sometimes nebulizer), his asthma improved.

Still, this is another example of undue influence by corporations. People need generic medications to be available and affordable.

Old 09-23-2011, 05:57 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,236,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
I do. Luckily my asthma is not that bad as I go through an inhaler about once a year. I am going to by about 3 of them and worry about this in a few years.

Old 09-23-2011, 07:20 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,166,395 times
My inhalers started going up in price because of this about two years ago. The price increase is at least 150% and climbing.

Where's everybody been?

Old 09-23-2011, 10:39 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,326,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
The tread title is a downright lie. This policy went in under Bush.
It's just another trick big pharma is using to screw over the american people for their own greed.
I don't blame Bush or Obama, but the bureaucrats at the FDA. In 2008 the Bush administration was more concerned with a collapsing economy and turning over the reins to the incoming Obama administration than asthma inhalers.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies