U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 03:43 PM

4,800 posts, read 10,590,444 times

Advertisements

You can't make this stuff up. EPA to ban over the counter asthma inhalers to save the ozone layer.

Asthma inhalers to be phased out to protect ozone layer - TODAY Health - TODAY.com

Unfreakingbelievable
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2011, 03:45 PM

86,093 posts, read 72,587,340 times
I'm speechless.

Old 09-23-2011, 03:48 PM

1,770 posts, read 2,602,049 times
Thanks crazy kooky environmentalists. I have asthma =)
This is all just a big scam for him to eventually force a UHC system on us.

Old 09-23-2011, 03:50 PM

14,095 posts, read 23,707,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
You can't make this stuff up. EPA to ban over the counter asthma inhalers to save the ozone layer.

Asthma inhalers to be phased out to protect ozone layer - TODAY Health - TODAY.com

Unfreakingbelievable
Though it's a relatively small price increase per inhaler, it's the added cost of a visit to the doctor for the prescription. It's also an added cost on private health insurance companies. Wonder if any of these patients will die from the change or not being able to get the new medication. It'll be another death at the hands of environmentalism. One of the other incidents was the space shuttle. For environmental reasons, they switched to a more environmentally friendly insulation which didn't work nearly well enough and resulted in the deaths of the space shuttle crew.

Old 09-23-2011, 03:51 PM

1,770 posts, read 2,602,049 times
More like environmental disorder. Awful, awful people.

Old 09-23-2011, 04:03 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,912,714 times
WTF, yes i said it. My daughter inlaw has asthma so very bad, infact has almost died a couple of times from her asthma. She gets worse the older she gets. This is just plain ridiculous.

All about the money, and not about the person at all.

Old 09-23-2011, 04:08 PM

20,799 posts, read 8,713,413 times
They did this a long time ago and when you use it the thing doesn't work ~ it is like sucking air.
I was switched to Flo-Vent as a preventative and that is 72.00 (after insurance) for the inhaler.
I weened myself off because I cannot afford that and I have insurance.
Yet trucks can drive by with black smoke coming out the exhaust but they pick on the asthma sufferers...I cannot see where it goes into the air it is supposed to go into the lungs.

Old 09-23-2011, 04:19 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,433,673 times
Oh, wait!!! I thought the government was sweet and nice and cared about everyone. I have asthma and it was severe about three years ago. The OTC inhalers saved my life. It took awhile before I could find a doctor to make the diagnosis so I had to use the OTC inhalers. I now take Advair, Ventolin, and use a nebulizer when I get real bad.

I honestly think the government needs to kill off some people to afford Obamacare. This is the REAL reason why they're doing this. Not to mention, the environmentalists are more than willing to kill people to save a few polar bears. Wake up people! The government doesn't give a damn about you. Never have and never will.

Old 09-23-2011, 04:31 PM

10,783 posts, read 11,861,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post

Unfreakingbelievable
The tread title is a downright lie. This policy went in under Bush.
It's just another trick big pharma is using to screw over the american people for their own greed.
The move is mainly to block the generic inhalers as well as to snub out the only OTC inhaler, forcing people to see a doctor and pay for the very expensive new products.

Old 09-23-2011, 04:36 PM

86,093 posts, read 72,587,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
The tread title is a downright lie. This policy went in under Bush.
It's just another trick big pharma is using to screw over the american people for their own greed.
The move is mainly to block the generic inhalers as well as to snub out the only OTC inhaler, forcing people to see a doctor and pay for the very expensive new products.
From the OP link..looks like it was a global thing signed by several nations.
So went in under Bush..what has the Dem administration done in 2.5 years about it ? Are they (the Dems) for the common man ? If so what have they done to stop this ?

It may have been enacted under Bush but Obama has done nothing to stop it. So both get dinged.

From the OP link:
"The action is part of an agreement signed by the U.S. and other nations to stop using substances that deplete the ozone layer, a region in the atmosphere that helps block harmful ultraviolet rays from the Sun."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies