Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 12:02 PM

988 posts, read 1,203,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Then maybe you should take another look at what you think would be good changes. That is pretty much exactly what you are wanting, as each and every one of them have serious, far-reaching consequences.
They do?

Please elaborate. And also provide your credentials.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2011, 12:03 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,041,277 times
Term limits on everyone.

Old 09-24-2011, 12:29 PM

1,529 posts, read 1,724,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Do citizens need green cards or other working permits?
Not the last time I checked. However there are many people in the US, who are here legally, and for some reason they haven't become citizens. One of those reasons is that you need to be here for at least five years before becoming a citizen.

Also, what about parents of mixed nationality; for example, an American who's married to a legal resident but non citizen.

Old 09-24-2011, 12:52 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Term limits on everyone.
Isn't that what Big Pharma and the FDA are trying to accomplish?

Old 09-24-2011, 01:46 PM

19,013 posts, read 14,186,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
I think the calling of a convention is extremely improbable. Things would have to get a LOT worse than they are now to consider that. I don't even think we're anywhere near where we were in the 1780s.
Actually, the government is far, far worse off than it was in 1780s.

Grounds for alarm:
  1. The public debt, in excess of 14 trillion DOLLARS cannot be repaid with DOLLAR BILLS (See: Title 12 USC Sec. 411).
  2. The debt, computed in gold bullion, is a sum of 700 billion ounces of gold stamped into coin (See: Coinage Act of 1792, et seq.).
  3. The world supply of gold (2009 est) is only 5.3 billion ounces.
  4. Congress is only delegated power to "coin money" (stamp bullion) or "borrow money" on the credit of the U.S. (it has no power to "create money" if it needs the power to borrow it). (See: Art. 1, Sec. 8, Sec. 10, US CON)
  5. The validity of the public debt cannot be questioned (see: 14th amendment, US CON) even when it is impossible to repay.
  6. The U.S. has been under a continuous "State of Emergency" since 1933, due to the bankruptcy and confiscation of all lawful money from circulation (and the criminalization of ownership of "gold money").
If one realizes that the U.S. constitution is nothing but a compact for SPECIFIC performance, allowing "interpretation" of it voids it. It's like allowing a contractor to "interpret" his contract for painting your house to his liking. An oath to such a non-binding contract is not reassuring.

So, yes, be AFRAID, be very AFRAID, because the "powers that be" cannot live with the current situation, and must change the terms of the compact to its benefit and not to the people's benefit.

-------------
Senate Report 93-549
War and Emergency Powers Acts
"A majority of the people of the United States have lived all of their lives under emergency rule. For 40 years (as of the report 1933-1973), freedoms and governmental procedures guaranteed by the Constitution have, in varying degrees, been abridged by laws brought into force by states of national emergency."

Old 09-24-2011, 02:00 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,099,131 times
I would change the wording of the 2nd Amendment so we would have much more restrictive Gun Control laws in this country.
Because, while it's obvious to all but the most insecure, redneck, braindead gun freak that the Founding Fathers were referring to the right for a well-organized militia (the equivalent of a police force nowadays) regarding firearm posession, the uber-powerful NRA Lobby has successfully convinced many lawmakers that they meant the American citizens in general.
For the life of me, I cannot understand how the Supreme Court has not recognized this fact.
Look at all the 1st world countries that have tough gun control laws and then compare their gun crime rate to ours. (And don't hand me the "yeah, but the U.S; has so many more people than, say, England." Compare the per capita rates if you wish.)

My idea here of a Stronger-worded 2nd Amendment would save far more lives than any other Constitutional-change idea I've read thus far on this thread. Far more.

Peace out, amigos.

Old 09-24-2011, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
I would change the wording of the 2nd Amendment so we would have much more restrictive Gun Control laws in this country.
You sound like a typical statist hoplophobe.

Quote:
Because, while it's obvious to all but the most insecure, redneck, braindead gun freak that the Founding Fathers were referring to the right for a well-organized militia (the equivalent of a police force nowadays) regarding firearm posession, the uber-powerful NRA Lobby has successfully convinced many lawmakers that they meant the American citizens in general.
Evidently they convinced the Supreme Court also. Or is the Supreme Court only good when they grant you the right to plunge a fork into baby skulls and D&C fetuses?

More perverted hoplophobe garbage.

Quote:
For the life of me, I cannot understand how the Supreme Court has not recognized this fact.
That's because you're not a Constitutional scholar. You are a whiny, limp-wristed hoplophobe authoritarian.

Quote:
Look at all the 1st world countries that have tough gun control laws and then compare their gun crime rate to ours. (And don't hand me the "yeah, but the U.S; has so many more people than, say, England." Compare the per capita rates if you wish.)
Irrelevent.

Quote:
My idea here of a Stronger-worded 2nd Amendment would save far more lives than any other Constitutional-change idea I've read thus far on this thread. Far more.
Wrong.

Check the facts regarding countries that enacted gun control and confiscation in the 20th century. Tens of millions of people were rounded up and slaughtered. Hitler liked gun control too, and when he came to power it was one of the first things he enacted. The unarmed Jews then packed their little valises and marched into trains like peasants and were slaughtered.

You may relish the idea of being an unarmed peasant subject of a tyrannical government, and you would fit in nicely in Nazi Germany, Maoist China, Stalin's Russia, and the Khmer Rouge. But don't expect the rest of us to follow you to the concentration camps.

Old 09-24-2011, 02:23 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,277,740 times
I think another amendment regarding a balanced budget would have been great. Hopefully the public will vote to fix that soon.

Old 09-24-2011, 02:26 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,859,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
Crime rates in America and England are very similar, the UK has in fact topped the US in many recent years.

And I know you libs love to compare America to Norway when pushing for gun control or UHC, but when it comes to crime rates that is quite simply an idiotic comparison.

Old 09-24-2011, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
So essentially you want America to be the Christian version of Saddam's Iraq.
HAHAHAHAHA, No.

I think someone already tried to be cutesy like that, ya unoriginal frothy-mouthed hysteric.

You leftist commies really have a mad-on for the Christians. But you will defend the muzzies with violent, sputtering impotent rage won't you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies