Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 06:53 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,319,643 times

Advertisements

1997 North Hollywood Shootout pt.1 - YouTube
actually this has the actual LAPD memebers and they were really not prepared for tha plus with injured officers and Civillians t and I belive this incident is the reason AR-15's are now issued out to local law enforcement.

They illegally bought legal semiautomatic rifles out of state and illegally modified them to be automatic. If it were not for semiauto rifles being legal at the time they may have gotten away.
So honest leagal gun ownership is fine but Those guys were scumbags trying to take money from other people by force they got what they deserved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2011, 08:46 PM

3,614 posts, read 3,502,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Great! I believe, however, that a 12 gauge shotgun would be the best for home/buisness defense. A remington 700 tactical pump will cost a little less than the AK.
A 12G will be a helluva lot less than an AK. Then again, that AK is free too...

Also, Remington makes the 870. The Remington 700 is a bolt-action rifle. You might be thinking of the Mossberg 500?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
I always think back to the North Hollywood shoot out where the two bank robbers had body armour 100 round drum magzine and they used armor piercing rounds.

North Hollywood Bank Shootout - LAPD Life on The Beat - YouTube
they police only had 9MM .38 and 12 guage shotguns and they were just out gunned and the police standard issue sidearms were useless.
Problem with the shootout wasn't the officer's weapons per se, but the robbers use of body-armor, which the department was not prepared for. A handgun loaded with FMJ could do the proper damage. A handgun in trained hands is only ineffective when you're talking distance.

Old 09-26-2011, 05:53 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,282,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
I always think back to the North Hollywood shoot out where the two bank robbers had body armour 100 round drum magzine and they used armor piercing rounds.

North Hollywood Bank Shootout - LAPD Life on The Beat - YouTube
they police only had 9MM .38 and 12 guage shotguns and they were just out gunned and the police standard issue sidearms were useless.
All rifle rounds are armor piercing, even if the robber had a M1 Garand he'd be almost as dangerous.

Old 09-26-2011, 06:25 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
A compromise for those who want a shotgun and those who like the ak-47.
The Saiga 12.

Old 09-26-2011, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
A compromise for those who want a shotgun and those who like the ak-47.
The Saiga 12.
Love it but I sold the sucker. It's a combat shotgun and as much fun as it is, changing magazines is a real b**ch, can't imagine how hard it would be with the adrenalin pumping if you're defending your family. If you have the EZ mag change magwell conversion, I would say you're much better off with it. Mags for > 8 rounds are like over a foot long. I'm going to stick with a good ol' pump action. The sound of chambering a round sends chills down one's spine, they're more reliable, and pumping gives you the ability IMHO to carefully place your shot. Shotgun buckshot doesn't distribute until at least 10-20 yards or so, far beyond most HD situations.

Old 09-26-2011, 06:49 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
I was thinking a "antique" type double bbl. pistol bored to shoot 16 ga slugs would be a good show stopper at indoor ranges. I think a folding stock semi auto AK-47 would be a decent short range weapon for home of business defense. So would a good old 1911 style semi auto pistol.

I applaud businesses stepping up and helping their customers be prepared to defend themselves against the criminals.

Old 09-27-2011, 05:17 AM

The Obama fast and furious goons aren't so happy with one of the dealerships doing the same thing.

Max Motors targeted by ATF, banks and General Motors - HUMAN EVENTS

Quote:
“She said: ‘Let me tell you how important this is, the White House started their morning with a briefing on you. We got a call from Washington, D.C. this morning. They wanted you checked out,” he said.
Hope and change!

Old 09-27-2011, 05:39 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
The President is probably unaware of the action by the ATF. IMHO this, along with Homeland Insecurity, are a set of bureaucrats that need to be unemployed soonest.

I do not believe ANY part of our government should be involved in the regulation of firearms. The most they should do is provide a database so the criminals and insane cannot purchase guns on the open market.

Old 09-27-2011, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
The President is probably unaware of the action by the ATF. IMHO this, along with Homeland Insecurity, are a set of bureaucrats that need to be unemployed soonest.
It's said that the White House began with a briefing on the matter. The ATF wants to appear relevant after F&F.

Old 09-27-2011, 06:33 AM

1,081 posts, read 916,078 times
Slobama mad about this? He and the ATF need to shut the hell up. Its not like they're giving weapons away to Mexican drug cartels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies