Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2011, 01:04 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,313,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
LMAO. I haven't been in college for years. Once more I know enough to know that all through life whether it is the principle, or the police it often doesn't matter who threw the first punch in a brawl what matters is that you were in it.

If you want to be violent no one can stop you, but there will be consequences.
Hell, man, there are consequences for just being accused of violence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2011, 01:08 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,387,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Hell, man, there are consequences for just being accused of violence.
Exactly, and to think principles, teachers, police or DAs are going to care about who started a brawl rather then the fact that you were engaged in a brawl is just naive. Everyone is going to say they were just defending themselves and they are all going to go down together.

Old 09-26-2011, 01:21 PM

1,759 posts, read 2,028,447 times
Quote:
He/she is a college kiddie, give them a break...
College "kiddies" are in fact adults.

Old 09-26-2011, 01:21 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,313,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltheusernamesaretaken View Post
The irony in your statement that "teabaggers" are bullies is astounding.
Ok, what would you call holding up the country er, financial world until you got what you wanted

Old 09-26-2011, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Ok, what would you call holding up the country er, financial world until you got what you wanted
We will have to agree to disagree with the correctness of the Tea Party's idealogy,
the point was that you were calling them bullies while also trying to be "cute" with a derogatory name.

The forum often uses derogatory names (teabaggers, Repugs, whatever it is for liberals -- I don't know b/c it's certainly not on here enough, etc)
and yet the same people will complain about bullying and people offending others.
It's just rich with irony.

Old 09-26-2011, 01:37 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,313,769 times
Quote:
We will have to agree to disagree with the correctness of the Tea Party's idealogy,
the point was that you were calling them bullies while also trying to be "cute" with a derogatory name.

The forum often uses derogatory names (teabaggers, Repugs, whatever it is for liberals -- I don't know b/c it's certainly not on here enough, etc)
and yet the same people will complain about bullying and people offending others.
It's just rich with irony.
I DID NOT call the TEA PARTY members tea baggers! I called the TEA BAGGERS what they truely are! You are among thousands of people that cannot tell them apart. The Teaparty movement is for lower taxes and intelligent spending and holds BOTH PARTIES accountable! The Tea baggers are for tax breaks for the wealthy, cutting social services indiscriminately, and attacking the democrats but their main and only goal is to make sure that the current President serves only one term...DAMN THE CITIZENS of AMERICA!

This is the main reason why very people take the real tea party seriously. They can't get the freaking tea baggers from under them. The Tea baggers are funded by people like murdock and the Koch brothers, the tea party is funded by?? This is why you have such a circus of clowns running on the republican ticket, it's all for the money! Anyone with any common sense would not vote those clowns to be president of the local PTA if one child was in the whole school!

Old 09-26-2011, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I DID NOT call the TEA PARTY members tea baggers! I called the TEA BAGGERS what they truely are! You are among thousands of people that cannot tell them apart. The Teaparty movement is for lower taxes and intelligent spending and holds BOTH PARTIES accountable! The Tea baggers are for tax breaks for the wealthy, cutting social services indiscriminately, and attacking the democrats but their main and only goal is to make sure that the current President serves only one term...DAMN THE CITIZENS of AMERICA!

This is the main reason why very people (<--???) take the real tea party seriously. They can't get the freaking tea baggers from under them. The Tea baggers are funded by people like murdock and the Koch brothers, the tea party is funded by?? This is why you have such a circus of clowns running on the republican ticket, it's all for the money! Anyone with any common sense would not vote those clowns to be president of the local PTA if one child was in the whole school!

I've got to say, you've lost it.
What you're saying reminds me of the people who will say, "Look, there are black people and there are n_____s!!"

Old 09-26-2011, 01:43 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,269,927 times
Quote:

I've got to say, you've lost it.
What you're saying reminds me of the people who will say, "Look, there are black people and there are n_____s!!"
Wow.

Old 09-26-2011, 01:58 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,071,796 times
A lot of the posts on this topic are horribly misguided. It seems like the popular thing to do is for bullied individuals to defend themselves physically. The implication is that if they "run" to an authority, they're weaklings who deserve what they're getting.

The truth of the matter is that physical violence accomplishes little and usually makes the problem worse. How are bullies punished? They experience a little bit of pain. But in reality, they've won. Because they have "broken" victims. There might be certain situations where it is necessary for "victims" to physically defend themselves, but this shouldn't be a general rule. Others don't like violent people.

The best way to stop bullying is to make sure kids know that treating others poorly because they're "weaker" in any way reason is unacceptable. The problem is that even well-meaning parents don't always do this - they let their prejudices about "bad" kids be filtered down to their own children, who don't always know how to respond. Compound that with the fact that not all parents are well-meaning, and it just becomes ugly.

Old 09-26-2011, 02:03 PM

804 posts, read 1,964,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Bullying is not on the rise, it's the wimpy kids crying to their mommies and not beating the crap out of the bully that's on the rise.

It's the parents who are teaching their kids not to stand up for themselves to blame for this "outbreak".

Beat the living crap out of the bully, problem is solved.
That's the way it was when I was a teenager. The problem is that teachers and schools are now quick to punish any kid who is simply acting in self-defense, rather than the bully who started it all. Some even get their thrills by watching and encouraging it, in other words, just shut up and take it or you'll get into trouble.

Some say it's a form of early conditioning, to create a future generation that won't stand up to corrupted authority.

Regardless of the reason it's permitted to occur, parents need to stand up to school authorities and put some fire on their
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies