Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 08:27 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,923,793 times

Advertisements

Granted bullying has always been around to an extent, but it seems to be spiraling out of control.

What prompted me to create this thread was reading a online article about a kid killing himself the other day after being tormented for years.

What mindset does one have to be in to do that sort of mental and physical attack on somebody for years, driving one to kill himself?

My personal belief is that this is much worse then its ever been, and is proof of the breakdown of family in this country. Parents don't care anymore and won't set the kids straight and punish them.

The behavior goes unchecked so the bullying can continue nonstop with the bullying.

I do believe there should be some sort of serious punishment to bullying, which would finally put these people in line and end it.

Since were dealing with kids, I'd be fine with something to the extent of expelling the offending students from the entire district. Make them feel pain, then they will stop.

this is the article:

Jamey Rodemeyer Suicide: N.Y. Police Open Criminal Investigation Into Bullying - ABC News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2011, 08:39 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,859,732 times
Why Do people have so little regard or consideration for others? As a whole we seem to be more aggressive towards others and I see no benefit in it. Why do these people feel so alone with all the social media and openness about being gay. There are so many more avenues today than even a decade ago and yet people still feel alone.

It really does get better but you have to make it past the rough times to prove it. My heart goes out to all those young people faced with this struggle.

Old 09-25-2011, 08:40 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,447,035 times
Check out the raising a bully thread in parenting forum.

Old 09-25-2011, 08:47 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,198,598 times
Bullying is not on the rise, it's the wimpy kids crying to their mommies and not beating the crap out of the bully that's on the rise.

It's the parents who are teaching their kids not to stand up for themselves to blame for this "outbreak".

Beat the living crap out of the bully, problem is solved.

Old 09-25-2011, 08:51 PM

988 posts, read 1,203,566 times
It's not that there is a new epidemic of bullying on the rise. Kids have been beating the crap out of each other for centuries. It is that the current generation of parents have taught their kids to be whiny pacifist weaklings and complain about bullies like little girls instead of drop-kicking them in the nads.

And before all you frothy-mouthed hysterics go ape on me, do realize that I was bullied badly in elementary. I didn't whine like a little girl to the police. My dad asked what happened, then he taught me how to grab the bully's shoulders and put my knee into his groin as hard as I could. Bully problem over with shortly thereafter and no one ever touched me again. Didn't even get in trouble or go to prison for it.

Grow a spine people. Teach your kids some self respect and how to defend themselves. Never start trouble, but always finish it or at least go down swinging.

Old 09-25-2011, 08:52 PM

988 posts, read 1,203,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Bullying is not on the rise, it's the wimpy kids crying to their mommies and not beating the crap out of the bully that's on the rise.

It's the parents who are teaching their kids not to stand up for themselves to blame for this "outbreak".

Beat the living crap out of the bully, problem is solved.
You beat me to it.

Old 09-25-2011, 08:53 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
Granted bullying has always been around to an extent, but it seems to be spiraling out of control.

What prompted me to create this thread was reading a online article about a kid killing himself the other day after being tormented for years.

What mindset does one have to be in to do that sort of mental and physical attack on somebody for years, driving one to kill himself?

My personal belief is that this is much worse then its ever been, and is proof of the breakdown of family in this country. Parents don't care anymore and won't set the kids straight and punish them.

The behavior goes unchecked so the bullying can continue nonstop with the bullying.

I do believe there should be some sort of serious punishment to bullying, which would finally put these people in line and end it.

Since were dealing with kids, I'd be fine with something to the extent of expelling the offending students from the entire district. Make them feel pain, then they will stop.

this is the article:

Jamey Rodemeyer Suicide: N.Y. Police Open Criminal Investigation Into Bullying - ABC News
The anti-gay conservatives who keep teaching their children that gays are abominations and unnatural are what prompt this specific type of bullying. Jamey was gay, and got tormented every day for it.

Until people stop spreading the disgusting lie that gays are evil, kids will always be bullied for it.

Old 09-25-2011, 08:58 PM

What ever happened to the old saying:

STICKS AND STONES MAY BREAK MY BONES BUT WORDS WILL NEVER HURT ME

Instead we have:

WORDS ARE HURTFUL, I HAVE NO BACKBONE AND I'M GOING TO CRY TO MOMMY AND DADDY

This kid deserves a medal (the bully body slam):

Old 09-25-2011, 09:01 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,276,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
What ever happened to the old saying:

STICKS AND STONES MAY BREAK MY BONES BUT WORDS WILL NEVER HURT ME
We're more *evolved* and *civilized* now.

Old 09-25-2011, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
We're more *evolved* and *civilized* now.
If you mean this, I agree:

And this:

http://www.mvcsc.k12.in.us/mvms/staff/rdragoo/wimps.png (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies