Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 03:05 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,073,895 times

Advertisements

Is Charlie Sheen a good argument against legalizing drugs?

he would actually be a good argument for BIRTH CONTROL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2011, 03:18 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,269,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
We all know it couldn't have happened with him just being an actor in Hollywood. Come to think of it, aren't most people in Hollywood on something.
Why would you even make a comment like that?
Do you know most of the people in Hollywood?

Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post
there are indeed many people that can handle drinking - Taking 1 or 2 drinks a day...And maybe 4 or 5...But there are plenty that do not stop...And we know all the problems - Drunk driving, abusive behavior towards others, even eventually losing their jobs.

There is nothing more pathetic than hearing someone calling themselves a "functional alcoholic"..and then losing their jobs after a number of years.

Drugs were developed to manage physical pain - not for escapism...They have other medications for that - And I never really believed in them until recently, as I now know people that they help. (I'm talking about anti-depressants here).

I know people from all 3 groups - The illicit drug users, that mostly deteriorated (though the ones only smoking pot seem to do the best); The alcoholics that deteriorate over time; and the legally prescribed drug users, that seem to do OK (though the pain killers take their physical toll over time).
The bolded comment is absolutely ridiculous. Drugs have been found in natural and used for many things, including (but not limited to) managing physical pain.
You need to do some research and take your opinions out of the discussion.

I can't read any more of this drivel.

Old 10-22-2011, 04:14 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,188,547 times

No, Lindsay Lohan is

Old 10-22-2011, 07:46 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,482,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post

No, Lindsay Lohan is
That's Britney in the pic!

Old 10-22-2011, 08:02 AM

1,332 posts, read 994,278 times
Actually Chuckie Sheen is an argument against fraising your kids in a PRVELIEGED and SPOILED way. he has had everything handed to him his whole life and he is nothing more than a wasted buffoon who has taken EVERY blessing he had in his life and Pi55ed it down a sewer.

His old man should be proud of the way his little boy turned out...a burned out...over indulgent...spoiled a-hole.

And, btw...drugs being illegal isn't HIS problem...it's his mental makeup. He's weak....he has money....a very dangerous combination.

Old 10-22-2011, 08:06 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,668,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
I agree,...except,...don't spend any taxpayer money to rehabilitate those who take drugs while knowing their dangers. Taxpayers shouldn't be required to support someone else's druggie lifestyle.
True. There should be no food stamps, WIC, or Medicaid for the drug addicts or the children they pump out. Employers should use drug tests to weed out the junkie job applicants. Hospitals should not admit drug addicts unless they can pay upfront in cash, never force me to pay for the rehabs and ICU stays when they overdose. Let the addicts die in the streets. Let Darwinism take care of the situation.

Old 10-22-2011, 11:28 AM

913 posts, read 872,304 times
Quote:
Did anyone see him the other morning being interviewed by Matt Lauer (if I spelled that right)?

Not only screwed-up in mind - But he looked like another person...His has the druggie look about him - And it's not going away.

He looked horrible (compared to what he looked like before). And do not tell me it was make-up...I've seen other people that were on drugs too long, and yes, their facial physical appearances change.

His best bet now is to take over some old Bela Lugosi parts.

Legalizing drugs is not going to help anyone. It is going to cause long term harm to people. And you do not need to be a scientist to know that.

you are a typical Big Government Statist who simply doesn't understand the concept of FREEDOM!

1, 2 big govt's coming for you......3, 4 better lock your door..... 5, 6 grab your constitution...... 7, 8 don't protest or demonstrate.......9, 10 never FREE again!

we've created a monster! that monster's coming after us!

Old 10-22-2011, 11:31 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,765,477 times
Quote:
Did anyone see him the other morning being interviewed by Matt Lauer (if I spelled that right)?

Not only screwed-up in mind - But he looked like another person...His has the druggie look about him - And it's not going away.

He looked horrible (compared to what he looked like before). And do not tell me it was make-up...I've seen other people that were on drugs too long, and yes, their facial physical appearances change.

His best bet now is to take over some old Bela Lugosi parts.

Legalizing drugs is not going to help anyone. It is going to cause long term harm to people. And you do not need to be a scientist to know that.
How is keeping drugs illegal helping? People get addicted to things whether they are legal or illegal.

Old 10-22-2011, 11:52 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,826,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post

No, Lindsay Lohan is
http://c11570.memecenter.com/uploaded/282e33e562d282283e605b04d6ff4e22.jpg (broken link)

Old 10-22-2011, 11:58 AM

13,005 posts, read 18,894,530 times
I would like to know who, besides Ron Paul, is calling for the legalization of all drugs. True, the majority of Americans want marijuana legalized, but that's it. Certainly not the drug gangs who are getting rich off the present system. Would Charlie Sheen self destruct faster if his drugs of choice were legal? Who knows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies