Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 05:53 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,313,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
He's not talking different, did you read his 9 9 9 plan?

Every candidate on the face of this earth talked a good talk, but when it came down to it, they can't walk the walk....why? Because they are controlled by the WTO
Seems like he wants to engineer a better fit with the Federal Reserve, which is globalist government.

He's got cards he ain't showing.

http://www.hermancain.com/images/economicgrowth.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2011, 05:54 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,584,391 times
I dont trust any of them now. After the debt-ceiling debacle and mess this country is in, until corporate law is changed and workers have more rights (and NOT "right to work " states,-right to work is euphemism for -fired at the drop of a hat and corporation cannot be sued- same reason subprime banks have their few remaining centers in Kentucky, Harlingen ,Texas (they hire illegals and West virginia as well as Tenn. I have seen horiffic work places here (bank of America is one)

Our handyman is 65 yrs old- he works at a call center for 8.00 an hour. Banks do not give full time jobs around here so he gets no medical benefits . This is not the impoverished Anerica I want to see or live in. Its not the America our parents wanted.

Old 09-27-2011, 05:56 AM

608 posts, read 923,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
It's all they have.

Because his policies have been an abysmal failure, they have to use the race card to explain away the dissatisfaction with the guy, even though when he started out he had a 70% approval ratings. I'm sure some of those they are now calling racist were included in that 70%.

They can't run on his record and those great legislative victories that were touted.
That's part of the reason I like Cain so much! How can supporting HIM be spun by the left as an act of racism? (Although, knowing the leftists out there, they'll find a way...)

Old 09-27-2011, 06:00 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,248,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
I dont trust any of them now. After the debt-ceiling debacle and mess this country is in, until corporate law is changed and workers have more rights (and NOT "right to work " states,-right to work is euphemism for -fired at the drop of a hat and corporation cannot be sued- same reason subprime banks have their few remaining centers in Kentucky, Harlingen ,Texas (they hire illegals and West virginia as well as Tenn. I have seen horiffic work places here (bank of America is one)

Our handyman is 65 yrs old- he works at a call center for 8.00 an hour. Banks do not give full time jobs around here so he gets no medical benefits . This is not the impoverished Anerica I want to see or live in. Its not the America our parents wanted.
I tend to agree, everyone wants Christy to run, and if he doesn't that to me will speak volumns about who is really running this country. They don't want anyone in there whose going to work for the middle class and teach the poor how to get an education, and stop living off of other americans. We need an educated country, we need each other to work together as a team...and stop this individulist attitude, and the sense of entitlements concept.

Old 09-27-2011, 06:03 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,961,065 times
OP, Right now, there are 2 GOPs, the Establishment one, in existence centuries, is in no way racist. The new age TP has earned the wrath of many for the charge of racism. The latter despite not being in any way the largest faction in America, independents are first, than Democrats, has gotten mass media attention just as crazys (Joe Scraborough's great term) tend to do. Hence, I do think while understandable, Freeman's remarks should have been directed more clearly at this subset. It is a cancer within the GOP, IMO.

Old 09-27-2011, 06:07 AM

Herman Caine so far, has proved to be a gentleman...perhaps he has adopted Regan's theory of how the candidates need to stop going for each other's throats and discuss they're policies...I don't want to hear any more trash on commercials about the opposing candidate, what I want to hear are the meat and potatos of what they intend to do about our growing concerns, and I won't vote for another candidate that slashes another candidate...that is an insult to the intellect of the people of the U.S. Period...if that's all you can do, I don't want you leading this country and refuse to vote for anyone who endorses that behavior...period. Including Morgan Freeman's kindergarden remarks...name calling shows exactly how uneducated you are in politics...and is so childish..."I can't have my way, so I'll call you bad names"....sheesh?????

It's a deterent, on the part of many...I want to hear what you are going to try to accomplish, your goals for the American people....I want to hear you say, we've all got to join forces and educate our country, bring back corporations, and everyone gets taxed the same...period! I want to hear you talk about one line vetos, and how necessary it is to stop pork barrel spending...I want to hear about how your going to change wall street....companies are constantly taking away more and more, and telling us we've got to start our own 401 ks's, however, I've seen wall street crash many times in my lifetime....so we're supposed to take our chances with that?????? Isn't anyone asking these questions? How bout all the money they allocate to our social services, who is watching over that money and monitoring how it's being spent? What about the American infostructure? Everyone who is working in the U.S. needs to contribute and start paying taxes...period....if your living here, you need to become a working member of the community.

Old 09-27-2011, 06:14 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,961,065 times
"Herman Caine so far, has proved to be a gentleman"

I agree, and notice, he is not in the neighborhood of a front-runner. TP and gentleman = mutually exclusive. TP and barbarian = milk and cookies

Old 09-27-2011, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
"Herman Caine so far, has proved to be a gentleman"

I agree, and notice, he is not in the neighborhood of a front-runner. TP and gentleman = mutually exclusive. TP and barbarian = milk and cookies
He could of really slashed Morgan Freeman for his comments, but he didn't, he commented with respect...and he doesn't unravel easily...so, I want to hear more...I'm not buying into the slash and ruin the competitor's reputation any longer....and I won't give any candidate who does that another look...again, it's childish and I don't want to hear it, what I want to know is, WHAT CAN YOU DO FOR THIS COUNTRY? They stand up there debating each other, yet no one talks about they're beliefs in how they can fix what is broken, and I'm not talking quick fixes, but long term commitments....

Old 09-27-2011, 06:26 AM

1,081 posts, read 915,735 times
The only way I'd ever watch Morgan in another movie is if he played a runaway slave that got caught down on the river...

Old 09-27-2011, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
The only way I'd ever watch Morgan in another movie is if he played a runaway slave that got caught down on the river...
OK, I'm going to ignore this comment, this is what I'm talking about...period. One ignorant comment doesn't justify another, and exactly the mentality our country has fostered...and I'm watching each candidate like a hawk...anyone who does this is not contributing to the good will of the U.S. I'm sick of it and won't justify it...I want an educated man elected who is going to ignore these ridiculous comments...they are none productive....and shows the intellect of the person slurring these insults...

It's comments like these that are so wrong, and lacks intellect....it's what our country has turned into...I mean, just look at what we call entertainment on TV????? Reality shows, where one is slashing the other to win?????? That promotes individulisum...not working together as a team...the intellect of these U.S. has declined drastically...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies