Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2011, 04:00 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,341,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
YOU said they were a flash mob. Flash mobs attack people because they are white. The article did not state it was a flash mob. I told you that we have not had any flash mob attacks in Atlanta. You proved my point being that your proof consisted of a story about a local youth gang.

I said that I personally don't consider any gangs in Atlanta as serious. I'm from the Midwest where we have the Gangsta Disciples, Vice Lords, Crips, Bloods, etc. organizations/gangs that are notorious. BFPL is a group of teenagers who are nothing like the aforementioned real gangs.

The demographics of this group makes no difference. You are trying to put "flash mobs" somewhere where they do not exist. Get your facts straight. We do not have "flash mob" violence here in Atlanta.

A large group of kids attacking innocent people does not equal a mob nor does it equal a "flash mob" no matter the demographics.

I mentioned Atlanta and several other cities because I saw another article that listed the locations of the mob attacks. Call it what you want. I could not care less.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2011, 05:52 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,207,325 times
The "flash mob" card has been played relentlessly here on CD. You know how some whites claim to be tired of the "race card" and cries of racism? You know how any video/story posted about a supposed racist act is met with doubt, suspicion, etc? That's how I now view these "flash mob" posts. Some folks have taken the term and run off giddily into the sunset.

When you post these threads, do you expect blacks to cheer the mobs on? Do you anticipate us giving the victims a virtual "that's what you get, whitey"? Seriously, I don't know what the aim is...YES, it is absolutely terrible that an innocent man was beaten. NO, there is no excuse for violence (by any race).

Instead of just posting, what are you going to do to effect change?

Old 09-28-2011, 11:02 PM

72,958 posts, read 62,547,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
Like they say, Celebrate Diversity! Who would want to live in a bland suburb or rural area anyway when you can experience this?
FWIW, I am Black and I used to live in a suburb that was considered "bland" by some people. It was around 93% White around the time I moved there at age 11. I got attacked by White kids alot while living there. One kid took a paintball gun and shot me with. He got away with it too. I remember it like it was yesterday. I also remembed getting jumped in the classroom once the teacher left the room.

All that aside, what is causing the flash mobs? I still don't understand why because I don't engage in that behavior.

Old 09-28-2011, 11:04 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,859,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
All that aside, what is causing the flash mobs? I still don't understand why because I don't engage in that behavior.
The same thing that got you shot with a paintball gun. Stupidity.

Old 09-28-2011, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
All I was doing when I got shot was getting off the bus. Oddly enough, the teenager who did that to me never faced any charges. No one would do anything and with the burden of proof being on me, not much I could do.

Those persons who do the flash mobs were acting stupid. The thing is, this is happening in many cities and if it's happening in other cities, something is going wrong.

I would side with Michael Nutter on this: These flash mobs are an embarrassment. Unfortunately, the persons involved in the flash mob violence don't care if they embarrass anyone.

Old 09-29-2011, 05:40 AM

37,952 posts, read 17,848,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Originally Posted by SamBarrow

All I was doing when I got shot was getting off the bus. Oddly enough, the teenager who did that to me never faced any charges. No one would do anything and with the burden of proof being on me, not much I could do.

Those persons who do the flash mobs were acting stupid. The thing is, this is happening in many cities and if it's happening in other cities, something is going wrong.

I would side with Michael Nutter on this: These flash mobs are an embarrassment. Unfortunately, the persons involved in the flash mob violence don't care if they embarrass anyone.
The teenager who shot you as well as the poster who said you were stupid are lost. As if somehow your actions are responsible for destructive behavior. You deserve better.

Unfortunately not too many will stand up for others. You always have to fight for your freedoms and liberty. All it takes is one voice to get things going. "Never let it be said that I stood idly by and did nothing"

Old 09-29-2011, 07:52 AM

4,794 posts, read 12,370,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post

When you post these threads, do you expect blacks to cheer the mobs on? Do you anticipate us giving the victims a virtual "that's what you get, whitey"?
I don't really expect a whole lot from blacks. I assume some decent blacks are horrified by this behavior.
My main complaint is with a media and some elites who either make false accusations against some groups, like Morgan Freeman just did with the Tea Party, or take a small isolated incident of white racism to indict all of white society. Not too fun when the shoe is on the other foot.
But our mainstream media has a "see no evil hear no evil speak no evil" attitude toward these awful attacks in a way they never would if the situation were reversed. They treat black on white violence like Voldomort in the Harry Potter stories- an issue that must not be named.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:59 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,520,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
The "flash mob" card has been played relentlessly here on CD. You know how some whites claim to be tired of the "race card" and cries of racism? You know how any video/story posted about a supposed racist act is met with doubt, suspicion, etc? That's how I now view these "flash mob" posts. Some folks have taken the term and run off giddily into the sunset.

When you post these threads, do you expect blacks to cheer the mobs on? Do you anticipate us giving the victims a virtual "that's what you get, whitey"? Seriously, I don't know what the aim is...YES, it is absolutely terrible that an innocent man was beaten. NO, there is no excuse for violence (by any race).

Instead of just posting, what are you going to do to effect change?
This is a great post.

(But it will be mostly be ignored by the C-Ders who are imagining that millions of Black youth are secretly forming Flash Mobs to ravage their White communities from sea to shining sea)

Old 09-29-2011, 08:03 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,520,329 times
i'm not sure why there's so much whining about the term 'flash mobs' - no one in this thread has even used it besides those griping about it.

they seem exponentially more upset about this unused phrase than they are about the guy who had his door broken down, was beaten unconcious with a pipe, threatened with a gun, and called a 'white m--f--er'

Old 09-29-2011, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
The teenager who shot you as well as the poster who said you were stupid are lost. As if somehow your actions are responsible for destructive behavior. You deserve better.

Unfortunately not too many will stand up for others. You always have to fight for your freedoms and liberty. All it takes is one voice to get things going. "Never let it be said that I stood idly by and did nothing"
I know this for a fact. There will be people who will stand up for other. I knew quite a few. There will also be people who will laugh as well. Somehow, I don't see how my own stupidity got me shot. We must all fight for freedom and liberty. That I can concur with.

There are some people standing up against the violent "flash mobs". Mayor of Philadelphia Michael Nutter basically said to the persons who did such actions: "You're an embarrassment to your race".

As for the place that I lived in and all of that stuff happened to me, I don't live there anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies