Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 08:06 PM

1 posts, read 539 times

Advertisements

Finland has chased the Russians out in the past (winter war) with no help from neighboring countries...they will stand their ground again. Will the others?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2014, 09:20 PM

1,723 posts, read 2,224,797 times
Western propaganda.

Old 03-31-2014, 09:44 PM

25,838 posts, read 16,513,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Set the clock back 60 years and say that and guess where your country would be today?
This is a common attitude from these countries that have been handed their freedom at the expense of the American taxpayer. Sure is nice to see they appreciate it.

Old 03-31-2014, 09:50 PM

Canada exert military force. Now that's a hoot.

Old 03-31-2014, 10:05 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,932,293 times
Anyone who dismisses the resolve of the Russians, does so at their own peril. Take a look at what they did to Nazi Germany. Dismissing the Russian military is much the same as ignoring a cobra crawling up your pants leg.

Old 03-31-2014, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Anyone who dismisses the resolve of the Russians, does so at their own peril. Take a look at what they did to Nazi Germany. Dismissing the Russian military is much the same as ignoring a cobra crawling up your pants leg.
Minuteman III's will test that resolve. If they take one step into the Ukraine you send an unarmed one right over the Kremlin or a Submarine based missile.

Old 03-31-2014, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Minuteman III's will test that resolve. If they take one step into the Ukraine you send an unarmed one right over the Kremlin or a Submarine based missile.
Given the fact that Russia still has substantial nuclear ICBM's that is brilliant.. I sure am glad you aren't making these kinds of decisions.

Old 03-31-2014, 10:45 PM

20,321 posts, read 19,905,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
What worries me is that Nato will probably "help" us.
I certainly hope not.

Why should the US get involved with any Nordic issues with Russia?

As far as the other NATO countries, they can decide for themselves.

Old 03-31-2014, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Given the fact that Russia still has substantial nuclear ICBM's that is brilliant.. I sure am glad you aren't making these kinds of decisions.
What do you think they were built for? To remind them that we have a much more modern and sophisticated force and we would wipe them out most likely before they could react.

What would you do? Send in a hundred thousand troops and start WWIII that would last 10 years and cost millions of lives?

I would send one missile and just remind them what is coming if they keep going down this road.

Also, they have no idea how many Patriot Missile batteries we have and just how accurate they are. The newest version makes their ICBM's virtually obsolete and they know it. That's why Putin was so upset about the Patriots in Poland.

Old 03-31-2014, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
What do you think they were built for? To remind them that we have a much more modern and sophisticated force and we would wipe them out most likely before they could react.

What would you do? Send in a hundred thousand troops and start WWIII that would last 10 years and cost millions of lives?

I would send one missile and just remind them what is coming if they keep going down this road.

Also, they have no idea how many Patriot Missile batteries we have and just how accurate they are. The newest version makes their ICBM's virtually obsolete and they know it. That's why Putin was so upset about the Patriots in Poland.
Oh, you mean the patriots that are no longer in Poland? Those patriots? Right now, given our current military involvements around the world and the upcoming cuts in the military, I would offer up arms and supplies and that would be it. Ukrainians can either fight or surrender. I wouldn't put a single US serviceman in harms way and I damn well wouldn't fire a missile over the Kremlin. Their ICBM's are obsolete? How many do they still have? What happens if ONE gets through our missile defenses? Just one. Are you ready to see a major US city reduced to rubble? Care to answer to the loved ones why you made such a wreckless decision if their families are vaporized? Just one missile would be all it would take.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies