Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 01:51 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,241,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
It would seem that there 15 minutes of fame is nearing an end.

Americans Dislike the Tea Party More Than Ever Before | Mother Jones
I am interested in learning the reasoning of those who hate the Tea Party movement:

Do you think our government can continue spending and borrowing into infinity, and handing the bills to future generations?

Is is okay that China and Japan hold half our national debt?

Is is okay that the Fed simply started "buying" our endless flow of new government debt with printed money (thus devaluing our wages and savings), when the rest of the world and large American investors stopped buying? In effect, paying off our credit cards by taking out new credit cards?

Do you think that if government just spent a few MORE trillions (or tens, or hundreds of trillions) on "simulus," suddenly the economy will start to recover?

Do you think the fiscal conservative movement has been hijacked by the Religious Right, and that this is dangerous to a free nation?

Please explain any other reasons you have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2011, 01:52 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
"numbers are even lower for independents: Only 38 percent approve of his performance as president, while 56 percent disapprove"

Read more: Obama Ohio | Perry | Romney | The Daily Caller

Since everyone knows - it's independents that will decide who wins -
would you say Obama is in trouble come 2012...
Limbaugh refers to himself as an independent. Gives an idea of what "independents" are.

Old 09-28-2011, 01:56 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
From a friend I heard that General Mills and Kelloggs are teaming up to produce a breakfast cereal for Tea Partiers. It will be called American Flakes".
I heard Obama organizers were going to have breakfast campaign stops
featuring "Ooop! All Berries" by Cap'N Crunch

Old 09-28-2011, 02:01 PM

3,457 posts, read 4,653,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
I am interested in learning the reasoning of those who hate the Tea Party movement:

Do you think our government can continue spending and borrowing into infinity, and handing the bills to future generations?

Is is okay that China and Japan hold half our national debt?

Is is okay that the Fed simply started "buying" our endless flow of new government debt with printed money (thus devaluing our wages and savings), when the rest of the world and large American investors stopped buying? In effect, paying off our credit cards by taking out new credit cards?

Do you think that if government just spent a few MORE trillions (or tens, or hundreds of trillions) on "simulus," suddenly the economy will start to recover?

Do you think the fiscal conservative movement has been hijacked by the Religious Right, and that this is dangerous to a free nation?

Please explain any other reasons you have.
I agree. This is more than likely a direct result of the MSM vilifying something they don't agree with. The Tea Party started off as a result to the government irresponsibility when people banded together to protest what the irresponsible elected officials were doing, spending recklessly. Look where that has gotten this country.

Now the Tea Party has been painted as stupid, racist and bad. In fact it was just the opposite, it was informed people who were not racist, they just wanted to show Big Government that they were watching and concerned over the irresponsible nature. The polls in 2010 reflected that. I have a feeling that regardless of the misconceptions of a few ignorant people, the polls will reflect the same results given the absolutely AWFUL job this administration has done, pretty much the worst in history.

Old 09-28-2011, 02:06 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
It would seem that there 15 minutes of fame is nearing an end.

Americans Dislike the Tea Party More Than Ever Before | Mother Jones
The TEA party is not a "they" is a national movement for a responsible government.

The original tea party event served as a demonstration by the colonists against taxation without representation, this modern tea party is a movement is against procurement without revenue. All the $14 plus trillion in deficit spending is nothing more then a $14 trillion tax on the citizens of the US, since we will be the ones paying it back with our taxes.

The modern day TEA party is not a thing, it's not a political party, or an organization.... and if you think so, please give us the WEB site for "the TEA Party", and tell us who their leader is, so we can judge them.

The TEA party movement is simply like-minded people expressing their opposition to an irresponsible federal government that is wasting our taxpayer dollars, such as in crony capitalist schemes, and spending our nation into bankruptcy. I can see how the left hates the idea of a responsible government.

Old 09-28-2011, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
I agree. This is more than likely a direct result of the MSM vilifying something they don't agree with. The Tea Party started off as a result to the government irresponsibility when people banded together to protest what the irresponsible elected officials were doing, spending recklessly. Look where that has gotten this country.

Now the Tea Party has been painted as stupid, racist and bad. In fact it was just the opposite, it was informed people who were not racist, they just wanted to show Big Government that they were watching and concerned over the irresponsible nature. The polls in 2010 reflected that. I have a feeling that regardless of the misconceptions of a few ignorant people, the polls will reflect the same results given the absolutely AWFUL job this administration has done, pretty much the worst in history.
The Tea Party is anti-Obama and anti-liberal, nothing more. They gather together in their mutual hatred for Obama and liberals.
The 'big government'? The big government, like the patriot act can walk all over the tea partiers and they wouldn't notice a thing.
Don't kid yourself. The tea party is not against big government. The tea party is anti-obama and anti-liberal, that's it.

Old 09-28-2011, 02:14 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
The TEA party is not a "they" is a national movement for a responsible government.

The original tea party event served as a demonstration by the colonists against taxation without representation, this modern tea party is a movement is against procurement without revenue. All the $14 plus trillion in deficit spending is nothing more then a $14 trillion tax on the citizens of the US, since we will be the ones paying it back with our taxes.

The modern day TEA party is not a thing, it's not a political party, or an organization.... and if you think so, please give us the WEB site for "the TEA Party", and tell us who their leader is, so we can judge them.

The TEA party movement is simply like-minded people expressing their opposition to an irresponsible federal government that is wasting our taxpayer dollars, such as in crony capitalist schemes, and spending our nation into bankruptcy. I can see how the left hates the idea of a responsible government.
You call The Tea Party what you want and I will call them what I want. To me there just a rebranded John Birch society, but the Tea Baggers are really taking it on the chin these days.

Old 09-28-2011, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Of course if you had bothered to look at the article you would have found a link to the Pew Research Polls that show how much they have grown in disfavor. I guess ignorance is bliss. Put your head back in the sand and carry on.
...and why wouldn't we see some disfavor out there, after all, we have members of the US congress and senate making inflammatory, public statements about the TEA party. If someone hears elected politicians state that the tea party folks are terrorists who came to Washington to kill women and hang black people from trees.... well... I would expect to see some negative opinions out there.

Old 09-28-2011, 02:24 PM

Quote:
You call The Tea Party what you want and I will call them what I want. To me there just a rebranded John Birch society, but the Tea Baggers are really taking it on the chin these days.
So.... no specifics, just a straw dog called "tea party" for you to beat up on. Well, if that is all it takes to keep you on your high horse...... ok.

Old 09-28-2011, 02:28 PM

To all who ridicule the Tea Party...god has been watching and all your names will be written in the Book Of Death. Repent now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies