Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2011, 11:42 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,052,262 times

Advertisements

I think it's amazing that two gay chicks just happened to adopt a toddler that would eventually want to become a chick.

Must be some sort of miracle, eh?

Primitive cultures have been practicing the sexual mutilation of children for uncounted centuries so why not bring the practices into the 21st century?

Last edited by Joe_Ryder; 09-29-2011 at 11:46 PM.. Reason: because I felt like it

Old 09-29-2011, 11:48 PM

3,117 posts, read 4,570,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Absolutely disgusting - perfect example of WHY some don't advocate gay couples adopting.

How can this possibly be allowed to happen?
Yes, because this is clearly more heinous than the THOUSANDS of cases of adoptive parents sexually abusing their children.

Seriously, only an idiot would cling to one weird ass, isolated story and try to use it as a soapbox for an entire subculture.

Old 09-29-2011, 11:48 PM

30,286 posts, read 51,763,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
There's nothing wrong with that and I think it is good to be accepting, but I don't think that people should be expected to not question the potential unfair influences on a child in such a home.
Question it all you want, just don't try to legislate your opinions on the matter. I mean, I'm not a fan of raising kids in uber religious homes, and think it can be severely detrimental to their mental/emotional & social development... but I'd never support a law AGAINST highly religious folks raising kids, and will also teach my children to respect them regardless. Everyone has a different way of raising their children, and provided they aren't being abused or neglected, we should all be free to do as we choose.

And no, I don't think it's appropriate for an 8 year-old to be receiving hormonal therapy, unless it's medically necessary... but that's hardly a statement against gay parenting in general, since this is FAR from the norm even for them. Why else did this make national news? I live in the Bay Area, and have never heard of such a thing happening before - and as stated above, I've known many gay parents in my life.

Quote:
Why do people keep talking about what "people on this board" should learn. Who are you all? What do they need to learn? There have been some remarks that were generalizations, but for the most part people have been stating their opinions.
Yes, and those opinions show a complete lack of tolerance, compassion, acceptance, respect, and often a lack of simple logic... I've been on these boards for over 5 years, including a few years as a moderator, so I'm fully aware of the opinions they sling on certain topics.

Btw, I said SOME people on this board, so obviously I'm talking about those who are vehemently anti-gay... and if you don't realize such people exist, I think you need to read these threads more carefully.

Old 09-29-2011, 11:52 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,291,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathos View Post
Yes, because this is clearly more heinous than the THOUSANDS of cases of adoptive parents sexually abusing their children.

Seriously, only an idiot would cling to one weird ass, isolated story and try to use it as a soapbox for an entire subculture.
Once again, that's just as bad.

Old 09-29-2011, 11:56 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,042,643 times
I don't even have to read this thread to know that that the same useful idiots support this type of sick, twisted upbringing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathos View Post

I know, huh? I've worked with a ton of foster kids over the years, and have yet to meet one who'd been abandoned by gay parents... usually they come from single mothers or straight couples, often with addiction problems, and many of whom didn't even want kids in the first place. At least the gay couples really WANT and PLAN for these children, seeing as they have to go through adoptions or surrogacy/IVF to get them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Question it all you want, just don't try to legislate your opinions on the matter. I mean, I'm not a fan of raising kids in uber religious homes, and think it can be severely detrimental to their mental/emotional & social development... but I'd never support a law AGAINST highly religious folks raising kids, and will also teach my children to respect them regardless. Everyone has a different way of raising their children, and provided they aren't being abused or neglected, we should all be free to do as we choose.

And no, I don't think it's appropriate for an 8 year-old to be receiving hormonal therapy, unless it's medically necessary... but that's hardly a statement against gay parenting in general, since this is FAR from the norm even for them. Why else did this make national news? I live in the Bay Area, and have never heard of such a thing happening before - and as stated above, I've known many gay parents in my life.

Yes, and those opinions show a complete lack of tolerance, compassion, acceptance, respect, and often a lack of simple logic... I've been on these boards for over 5 years, including a few years as a moderator, so I'm fully aware of the opinions they sling on certain topics.

Btw, I said SOME people on this board, so obviously I'm talking about those who are vehemently anti-gay... and if you don't realize such people exist, I think you need to read these threads more carefully.
Why is this dude talking about laws and stuff?

LOL

Old 09-30-2011, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Once again, that's just as bad.
Yup, but the number of abused & neglected children from straight parents is WAAAAYYY higher than incidences like this news story... again, first time I've heard of such a thing (hence the news covering it), whereas millions of children have been mistreated by straight parents. And yet, I don't hear anyone calling for legislation on THEM, in fact most RRWNJs think they should breed even more children.

Old 09-30-2011, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Why is this dude talking about laws and stuff?

LOL
I'm not a dude, LOL... and I'm talking about laws because of the clear connection between hating gays & proposing laws against their being able to marry and/or raise children. That's where these discussions always end up, right?

FYI, I wasn't talking about you specifically in that earlier quote - it was a general "you."

Old 09-30-2011, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Yup, but the number of abused & neglected children from straight parents is WAAAAYYY higher than incidences like this news story... again, first time I've heard of such a thing (hence the news covering it), whereas millions of children have been mistreated by straight parents. And yet, I don't hear anyone calling for legislation on THEM, in fact most RWNJs think they should breed even more children.
* I have no idea what your acronyms mean.

Someone said what you said before, but isn't that because there are more straight-parent households? I'm just saying, that seems to be the logical approach to that statistic. I'm not saying that if there were more same-sex homes that they would produce more cases of abuse, but I wanted to comment on your stat.

Also, you keep talking about laws and legislation, did we mention that here? Plus, I see tons of advocates for stopping child abuse in all homes, including heterosexual coupled ones. So, how can you say that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies