Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 07:03 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Since when was it against human nature to date someone outside of your skin color?
Lots of people used to make that argument. Even the Virginia Supreme Court said that it was unnatural to marry someone of a different race.

Quote:
Yet, to change the sex of oneself, there's no way you can compare interracial dating to that.
I wasn't making that comparison. I was responding to his assertion that homosexuality is a mental disorder.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:03 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
You're about 40 years behind the times. You may as well argue that interracial marriage should be illegal too. Oh wait...
Comparing interracial marriage to homosexuality is just plain ignorant, race isn't a mental disorder.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:04 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,044,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
I agree with you that a transgender person doesn't have to come from a same-sex home. However at age eight, I do believe that it is LESS likely that this young boy would have had these strong, passionate feelings if he were in a hetereosexual household.
And I'm saying that you're most likely wrong.

As I've seen it before.

Quote:
Secondly, I did not say that they DID impose their beliefs on him. I stated that I have actually seen it happen before my very eyes way too often and that I can imagine that it is going on in that household.
And I'm saying it's impossible to be a parent and not impose your beliefs in some way.

Parents typically raise their kids to have morals similar to them.

That in and of itself is "imposing their beliefs".

Quote:
Thirdly, I see that you have inserted things about religion as if I did not already know that heterosexual religious households impose strong beliefs on kids. Also, you come off as one of those atheist people that always have to point things towards religion. Yet, you want to scream about having an "open-mind." How about you have an open-mind?
Not atheist, but nice try. What I was trying to outline, again, is that "imposing beliefs" is something that every parent does.

Saying that's why homosexuals shouldn't adobt is idiotic.

Quote:
Lastly, I don't think that wanting to change something as NATURAL as one's sex is having an open-mind.
Sex=/=gender.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:06 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,057,151 times
Sad.

3,948 posts, read 4,305,916 times
Quote:
Lots of people used to make that argument. Even the Virginia Supreme Court said that it was unnatural to marry someone of a different race.

I wasn't making that comparison. I was responding to his assertion that homosexuality is a mental disorder.
OK, but I don't think dating interracially can be compared to having an unnatural attraction to the same sex. Black and white people (or whatever race example) can have sex together and scientifically via nature do what we are naturally created to (have babies). Homosexuals are going against nature with their sexual preference.

I'm not debating, I'm just stating what I think is a fact and a point. I don't really hate on homosexuals or anything, but I am going to comment on this story and state what I know.

There's like a pyramid of the human race. WAY above the ethnicity or skin color is the sex of our race: man and woman.

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Yeah, it IS an abnormal, unnatural behavior.
Well, the Republicans here are once again proving that they don't accept science and research. All that matters is what their guts tell them. They're brain dead.

8,346 posts, read 7,044,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Comparing interracial marriage to homosexuality is just plain ignorant, race isn't a mental disorder.
Neither is homosexuality.

Hey! We've reached their point!

Old 09-29-2011, 07:08 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,322,318 times
Quote:
Well, the Republicans here are once again proving that they don't accept science and research. All that matters is what their guts tell them. They're brain dead.
There are Democrats who think it's wrong too, just like there are Republicans who believe homosexuality is okay. I know people who are Democrats and say homosexuality is wrong.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:10 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
And I'm saying that you're most likely wrong.

As I've seen it before.

And I'm saying it's impossible to be a parent and not impose your beliefs in some way.

Parents typically raise their kids to have morals similar to them.

That in and of itself is "imposing their beliefs".

Not atheist, but nice try. What I was trying to outline, again, is that "imposing beliefs" is something that every parent does.

Saying that's why homosexuals shouldn't adobt is idiotic.

Sex=/=gender.
Once again, you completely put words into my mouth, but that's OK. The last thing I will say to you is that I have NEVER seen such ramming of ideas onto children as I have seen from the mentally unstable homosexual households, super-religious (to use your example) or the households with parents who are politically passionate. One thing all of those people I know have in common is that they are either bipolar or borderline manic-depressive or some stuff like that.

Like I said, I either know these things for fact or I can read people in the grocery stores or something and tell they have mental issues. It ain't hard ... a lot of us can spot mentally disturbed people.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:10 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityLover9 View Post
Posts as troll-like & ignorant as this don't deserve any more of a response....
Why are you attacking me?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies