Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 07:21 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,829,756 times

Advertisements

NO!!! Absolutely NOT

And I dont understand why anyone would unless you like losing your freedom, keeping less of your income, if you still have an income

This is the result of electing someone that has never run a lemonade stand and is clueless as to what a great leader is
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2011, 07:21 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,504,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
He's NOT a Republican

Since the Republicans declared war on the American Middle Class I wouldn't vote for any republican

Obama has killed the middle class, by monetizing the debt(printing more money) The cost increase of everything, is a hidden tax that sucks the wealth of the middle class and and what little impoverished has left.

Hardship for all but the rich.

Please, don't confuse Progressive Global Corporatism, to free market capitalism.

Old 09-30-2011, 07:22 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,805,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinion View Post
Think about the Top Terrorists that were killed so far. During his administration O killed more Head Terrorist than Clinton and Bush combined.
He's doing that by no interfering with the war on terror policies put in place by GWB.

Old 09-30-2011, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
That's correct because he's sane. Sane doesn't appeal to the GOP masses.
You mean liberal, right?

Old 09-30-2011, 07:25 PM

7,372 posts, read 15,976,804 times
I really don't understand you folks. Who was Obama? What credentials did he have coming in to this job? What business acumen, management experience, political expertise, foreign policy background, etc...did he have?
Democrats should have voted for Hillary. I don't like her, but at least she had some credentials. Obama is, at best, an empty suit without the least bit of grasp in any field that would be important to national leadership.
Oh, save one: the guy knows how to use his teleprompters. Look left, look right and use the rule of 3 when expounding your dribble: "We will not rest until blah, blah, blah, we will not rest untill yadda, yadda, yadda, (repeat one more time or two, for real emphasis).

Old 09-30-2011, 07:25 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,829,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
There was a time when I voted Republican but with the present state of the Republican party - not under any circumstances. None. No way. If the GOP manages to field a presidential candidate who is not a complete crackpot I might feel remorse, but they will probably let themselves be dictated to by the TP who can and cannot run for POTUS.

When the GOP regains its sanity I might consider voting Republican. Not before.
Just wondering what is it that you have against personal freedoms and personal responsibility and demanding that the gov be accountable and live on a budget? Can you explain how thats such this terrible thing

Sounds to me like you want the republican party to be the democrat lite party

Old 09-30-2011, 07:27 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,806,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cedew View Post
I don't wish for this. For example, I don't have an interest in ensuring illegal immigrants are able to exercise their second amendment 'rights'.
I understand where you are coming from but at the same time, I don't think it is financially feasible to deport all of them... there are too many industries that really on cheap labor... at the same time, I don't want Americans abusing foreigners so I think in the end, I am for Amnesty (yikes!)... now I should add that there be a caveat with that... I would DEMAND increase border security (SIGNIFICANT border security) and a future ban on any Amnesty from this point onward, mandate e-verify with stiff penalties, etc etc... basically make it unthinkable for foreigners to try to sneak into the country... at the same time, I think there should be immigration reform tied to the unemployment rate (we can't flood the country with cheap labor as it would destroy and devalue American jobs)... But I don't run this country, I am just abused by the people running it... especially the damnable democrats...

Old 09-30-2011, 07:29 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,312,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
So, is there any good reason left for people to want to re-elect Obama?
No, unless you're a racist and only want to vote for him (again) because he's black. Other than that, no.

Old 09-30-2011, 07:30 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,396,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I understand where you are coming from but at the same time, I don't think it is financially feasible to deport all of them... there are too many industries that really on cheap labor... at the same time, I don't want Americans abusing foreigners so I think in the end, I am for Amnesty (yikes!)... now I should add that there be a caveat with that... I would DEMAND increase border security (SIGNIFICANT border security) and a future ban on any Amnesty from this point onward, mandate e-verify with stiff penalties, etc etc... basically make it unthinkable for foreigners to try to sneak into the country... at the same time, I think there should be immigration reform tied to the unemployment rate (we can't flood the country with cheap labor as it would destroy and devalue American jobs)... But I don't run this country, I am just abused by the people running it... especially the damnable democrats...
If you are for amnesty are you also for refunding all the money paid by the people who migrated legally? Seems like a slap in the face to the people who have paid thousands to move here legally.

Old 09-30-2011, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
at the same time, I don't want Americans abusing foreigners so I think in the end, I am for Amnesty (yikes!)
They come here to be abused. That is their choice they make.
Nobody is asking to deport them at once just seal the border.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies