Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2011, 03:32 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Fraudulent contracts are null and void at the time of the signing, and cannot be enforced by a court at law.

Superior knowledge of the "contract terms" gives the "inferior", quantum meruit.
How are student loan contracts fraudulent at the time of signing? Because the loanee has no intention of paying the loan? Then throw them in prison.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2011, 03:34 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
another stupid leftists chimes in on the protest

Controversial comedienne Roseanne Barr has her own solution to the financial crisis: behead any wealthy banker making more than $100 million who won't be reeducated.

Read more: Roseanne Barr: 'Guilty' Wall Street Bankers Should Be Sent To Reeducation Camps Or Beheaded | Fox News
She calls them "guilty"? I thought someone was innocent until proven guilty.

Ironic that she was on soviet tv spewing her hateful, violent, disgusting filth.

Old 10-03-2011, 04:21 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
She calls them "guilty"? I thought someone was innocent until proven guilty.

Ironic that she was on soviet tv spewing her hateful, violent, disgusting filth.
A woman that has inside info on SEIU, said that they are providing financial backing to these protests. We won't find it on the books, but I have no doubt that this is true.
I believe the end game is to attack the police, making them look like the perpetrators against innocent victims. Nothing could be further from the truth. These people are instigating a violent response, trying to get arrested, and overwhelm those entrusted with enforcing the law.
For example, they parked a lemonade stand on the White House grounds, so they could get arrested and make the police look bad. It's not about the cops. If they don't like a law - they should protest those that wrote it.
I don't see them in support of anything. What are their solutions?

Old 10-03-2011, 04:23 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
A woman that has inside info on SEIU, said that they are providing financial backing to these protests. We won't find it on the books, but I have no doubt that this is true.
I believe the end game is to attack the police, making them look like the perpetrators against innocent victims. Nothing could be further from the truth. These people are instigating a violent response, trying to get arrested, and overwhelm those entrusted with enforcing the law.
For example, they parked a lemonade stand on the White House grounds, so they could get arrested and make the police look bad. It's not about the cops. If they don't like a law - they should protest those that wrote it.
I don't see them in support of anything. What are their solutions?
They want jobs and better paychecks.

Old 10-03-2011, 07:10 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,972,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I think big left money will probably be in that movement at some point, but I'm curious why some of you think it's there now--where are they spending it? Where are the buses to transport people across the country to the protests? Where are the stages and the polished media events? Where's the TV time? Right now I see a bunch of young people sleeping on tarps in a park with homemade signs, documenting themselves on social media. I think it's wishful thinking on the part of the tea party--this really is grass roots.
All that starts later this week. The first phase was to see just how many kool-aid drinking airheads would show just by telling them too via social media. If they got a poor response the organizers could back out ... no harm no foul. If they got a good response then the game is on. Having thousands in place weeks before the main event with not only give the green light it will motivate the radicals that were planning to start on the 6th. By the looks of it they got a great response although the airheads have no clue why they are even their. Look's like its full stream ahead!
Interesting note is Obama just decided to back off pushing the jobs bill ... this was the sign.

Old 10-03-2011, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
The Arab Spring in Egypt also started out small, put out by a small organization is that run out of the CIA, MI6, and Mossad, and then it blossomed there. The riots are being controlled, as the call did NOT put out a mission for them. The "mission" was to just protest Wall St. What is a protest when no one has a damn clue of what they are protesting????
Don't forget Google, facebook and uncle Steve!

They will get their marching orders soon but it will be by word of mouth not on social media where it can be documented.

Old 10-03-2011, 07:28 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
All that starts later this week. The first phase was to see just how many kool-aid drinking airheads would show just by telling them too via social media. If they got a poor response the organizers could back out ... no harm no foul. If they got a good response then the game is on. Having thousands in place weeks before the main event with not only give the green light it will motivate the radicals that were planning to start on the 6th. By the looks of it they got a great response although the airheads have no clue why they are even their. Look's like its full stream ahead!
Interesting note is Obama just decided to back off pushing the jobs bill ... this was the sign.
Oh well...there's no fooling you. You've got the mental dexterity of Sherlock Holmes, Columbo, Hercule Poirot, Charlie Chan and Nick and Nora Charles all rolled into one.

This was a plot to scare the patriotic and hard working Wall Street Bankers out of their vaults so that they can be boiled alive in hot oil and then devoured like french fries. Some of them will be crinkle cut and the rest will be jullienned. When the protestors are done with that, they will forge ahead to Corporate America and grind them up to make burgers to go with those fries. But you already knew all of this.

No one can ever be accused of pulling the wool over your eyes.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 10-03-2011 at 07:39 PM..

Old 10-03-2011, 07:46 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post

This was a plot to scare the patriotic and hard working Wall Street Bankers out of their vaults so that they can be boiled alive in hot oil and then devoured like french fries. Some of them will be crinkle cut and the rest will be jullienned. When the protestors are done with that, they will forge ahead to Corporate America and grind them up to make burgers to go with those fries. :

I agree with most of what you say, but be forewarned that "most" can, and often does, include all, through subterfuge.

Old 10-03-2011, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Oh well...there's no fooling you. You've got the mental dexterity of Sherlock Holmes, Columbo, Hercule Poirot, Charlie Chan and Nick and Nora Charles all rolled into one.

This was a plot to scare the patriotic and hard working Wall Street Bankers out of their vaults so that they can be boiled alive in hot oil and then devoured like french fries. Some of them will be crinkle cut and the rest will be jullienned. When the protestors are done with that, they will forge ahead to Corporate America and grind them up to make burgers to go with those fries. But you already knew all of this.

No one can ever be accused of pulling the wool over your eyes.
So why do you think Obama all of a sudden dropped the "YOU MUST PASS THE BILL NOW" battle cry? He just demanded congress to pass it in his Saturday radio address 24 hours ago. Why all of a sudden ... stop? Was it really a bad bill and he just realized it after two weeks? Was is all a joke? Did he think no one was paying attention? Was he loosing his voice? Did a cat get his tongue? Explain it to us?

Old 10-03-2011, 08:48 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
So why do you think Obama all of a sudden dropped the "YOU MUST PASS THE BILL NOW" battle cry? He just demanded congress to pass it in his Saturday radio address 24 hours ago. Why all of a sudden ... stop? Was it really a bad bill and he just realized it after two weeks? Was is all a joke? Did he think no one was paying attention? Was he loosing his voice? Did a cat get his tongue? Explain it to us?
Quote:
Rep. Cantor rejects Obama, says president's jobs package is dead

“The president continues to say, ‘Pass my bill in its entirety.’ As I’ve said from the outset, the all-or-nothing approach is just unacceptable,” Cantor told reporters Monday.

Asked directly if the bill was dead as a comprehensive package, Cantor replied, “Yes.”

Obama, who has taken to traveling around the country in an effort to sell his $447 billion plan, said he expected the Senate to vote on the measure before the end of October.

Obama is scheduled to travel to Texas on Tuesday to continue his full-court press on the jobs bill.
Rep. Cantor rejects Obama, says president's jobs package is dead - TheHill.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies