Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 07:15 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,273,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
Again, you still haven't explained how the list of companies (and the tens of thousands of people who feed their families by working for them) would still be around without wall street bankers. Way to continually avoid answering a simple question.

You're lucky I'm answering ANY questions.

When I told Lynda Kierses, the Contracting Officer, that transporting hazardous materials on foot in vehicular traffic placed me in a dangerous work environment, her reply was, "Unfortunately, you carry less weight than the cargo you are transporting." This caused Judge Borwick to go into an uncontrollable bout of snickering.

If her plans had succeeded, you wouldn't be graced with my presence on this forum.

Be grateful for what you get.

Last edited by ergohead; 10-05-2011 at 08:19 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2011, 07:21 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,169,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
You're lucky I'm answering any questions.

When I told Lynda Kierses, the Contracting Officer, that transporting hazardous materials on foot in vehicular traffic placed me in a dangerous work environment, her reply was, "Unfortunately, you carry less weight than the cargo you are transporting." This caused Judge Borwick to go into an uncontrollable bout of snickering.

If her plans had succeeded, you wouldn't be graced with my presence on this forum.
If you don't like the current system, you have to have planned an alternative. Otherwise you are just whining (which is something no adult should do).

I will tell you what I tell people who work for me: I will listen to any problem, but you have to have two potential solutions planned out before I will hear the problem itself.

Now stop whining and go work on a real solution.

Old 10-05-2011, 07:27 AM

Quote:
If you don't like the current system, you have to have planned an alternative. Otherwise you are just whining (which is something no adult should do).

I will tell you what I tell people who work for me: I will listen to any problem, but you have to have two potential solutions planned out before I will hear the problem itself.

Now stop whining and go work on a real solution.
You're the one drawing the poison out of me!

Thanks.

Now, what is your question?

Oh, solutions.

Give me a moment on that.

Old 10-05-2011, 07:47 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,619,921 times
Quote:
Let me know how working 100+ hours/week, every week is not hard work. .
Oh, I've been there, done that. I know it is hard work.
However, "harder than anyone else on earth?"
Do you really think they work 'harder' than the people in the coal mines?
Or diamond mines?
Or our military stationed in Iraq and/or Afghanistan?

Are they risking life and limb? In danger of being blown up by their Blackberry?

You honestly believe that their working conditions are so bad that they deserve the compensation they receive?

Yeah, I can see how sitting day in and day out in a plushly carpeted corner office with admins at one's beck and call could wear on a person.
Silly people choosing to make that their life's work. What sacrifice.

Old 10-05-2011, 08:36 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,388,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Oh, I've been there, done that. I know it is hard work.
However, "harder than anyone else on earth?"
Do you really think they work 'harder' than the people in the coal mines?
Or diamond mines?
Or our military stationed in Iraq and/or Afghanistan?

Are they risking life and limb? In danger of being blown up by their Blackberry?

You honestly believe that their working conditions are so bad that they deserve the compensation they receive?

Yeah, I can see how sitting day in and day out in a plushly carpeted corner office with admins at one's beck and call could wear on a person.
Silly people choosing to make that their life's work. What sacrifice.
right

and YOU are going to CRITICIZE them on their CHOICE of profession

who the hell are you????

what's next... are you going to say teachers and cops make too much

who cares what they make??? why is it a problem to YOU...are you jealous???

Old 10-05-2011, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
right

and YOU are going to CRITICIZE them on their CHOICE of profession

who the hell are you????

what's next... are you going to say teachers and cops make too much

who cares what they make??? why is it a problem to YOU...are you jealous???

Hit a nerve did I?

I take it that you are in the 'they work harder than anyone else on earth' camp.

Old 10-05-2011, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Hit a nerve did I?

I take it that you are in the 'they work harder than anyone else on earth' camp.
That's what I'm sensing.

He'd probably be broke or in jail today if the towers hadn't come down.

Old 10-05-2011, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Hit a nerve did I?

apparently I hit a nerve with you

who is 'they'

these protesters are protesting agains capitolism...the other choice is soialism. or the inbetween of fascism....pick your winner

the question is who the f are you to question or be concerned about what anyone else makes or doesnt make...

btw I am retired military...I do know what hard work is

btw2 on a side note...how is your son doing????Is he back???

Old 10-05-2011, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
apparently I hit a nerve with you

who is 'they'

these protesters are protesting agains capitolism...the other choice is soialism. or the inbetween of fascism....pick your winner

the question is who the f are you to question or be concerned about what anyone else makes or doesnt make...

btw I am retired military...I do know what hard work is

btw2 on a side note...how is your son doing????Is he back???
Nice personal attacks there in those last two posts.

Perhaps it would have been prudent for you to backup a bit and see what exactly 'hit a nerve' with me.
For your edification, from post #454:

hsnq wrote:
"That is exactly what these bankers that you complain about do every day. They work harder than anyone else on earth for a few years are paid millions. Then liberals complain because they don't bother to educate themselves on how wall street really works."

To which I expressed my skepticism that bankers work harder than anyone else on earth.

My skepticism was responded to as follows:
"Let me know how working 100+ hours/week, every week is not hard work."

To which I then replied, hard yes, but, again harder than anyone else on earth?

So, based on your experience with hard work, would you or would you not agree that bankers work harder than anyone else on earth?

And, these protestors are not protesting against capitalism. They are protesting against bribery, extortion, patronage and vasseldom.

My son is fine, thank you.

Old 10-05-2011, 01:19 PM

Quote:
And, these protestors are not protesting against capitalism. They are protesting against bribery, extortion, patronage and vasseldom.

they are protesting agianst capitolism,

__talk radio guy___interviewed a student participating in the ‘Occupy Wall Street’ protests about the changes she was demanding - and informed her that her philosophy was Marxist.

“So what we ought to do then is every single person, whatever job they have, we ought to take all their money, put it in a big hat and distribute it all equally?” asked___talk radio guy____- to which the protester replied, “Yes”

“The money (Wall Street personnel) are making needs to be put in better places then their pockets” added the protester.

__talk radio guy____ then asked, “To every American based on their needs, from every American based on their ability to contribute?” “Yes,” the student agreed.

__talk radio guy___then revealed that this belief is the foundation of Marxism:

__talk radio guy____: “You know who said that?”

Student: “No.”

__talk radio guy____: “Karl Marx, you’re a Marxist."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies