Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 07:10 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,674,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
1. Because it's not a very meaningful protest. There are always protests around Wall St. Even when it has nothing to do with Wall St.
2. There won't be anyone left come Monday when all the kids are back in school.
3. You should be more careful posting links. My Norton anti-virus program blocked it completely. Watch out for mischief with this link folks.
1. It is a meaningful protest
2. These are not kids. They are young adults.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2011, 07:10 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,942,534 times
Quote:
1. Because it's not a very meaningful protest. There are always protests around Wall St. Even when it has nothing to do with Wall St.
2. There won't be anyone left come Monday when all the kids are back in school.
3. You should be more careful posting links. My Norton anti-virus program blocked it completely. Watch out for mischief with this link folks.
I had no problem with the link and I have norton as well as few other virus protection software programs.

Well I disagree that there will be no one on Wall Street on Monday. This is day 11 of the protests and they are getting bigger and bigger every day. They are starting to gain traction, even if the Media controlled by large Corporations are not giving it much coverage.

Old 10-01-2011, 07:11 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I had no problem with the link and I have norton as well as few other virus protection software programs.

Well I disagree that there will be no one on Wall Street on Monday. This is day 11 of the protests and they are getting bigger and bigger every day. They are starting to gain traction, even if the Media controlled by large Corporations are not giving it much coverage.
I had no problem either and it's https so it's a secure site.

Old 10-01-2011, 07:12 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,323,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Better update it. Here's the warning posted on the Norton website - Norton Safe Web, from Symantec - report for occupywallst.org

Old 10-01-2011, 07:12 PM

7,808 posts, read 6,386,331 times
I'd support them if they actually had a message. Right now they claim to want to get outside money out of politics yet they invite unions who have as much money in politics as anyone.

There is no one message in this protest. I've seen signs supporting issues such as pro cop-killers, anti-capitalism and anti-war. It's not about the 99%, it's typical leftist BS and last I checked that was 20% of the population.

Old 10-01-2011, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Better update it. Here's the warning posted on the Norton website - Norton Safe Web, from Symantec - report for occupywallst.org
OMG. Yeah real dangerous..you might get a facebook invitation popup from them. That's the "danger" and that same one is listed 3 times.
Censorship ? Cause a facebook invitation certainly isn't a virus or trojan.

I'll wager Norton tagged wikileaks as dangerous too.
Better pay attention to Norton and don't go there.
To go a nice safe .gov site and read what Congress is doing for you these days.

Old 10-01-2011, 07:23 PM

7,808 posts, read 6,386,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
OMG. Yeah real dangerous..you might get a facebook invitation popup from them. That's the "danger" and that same one is listed 3 times.

Wow Norton tagging people who use zombie computers in DDoS attacks is sooooo horrible.

It's about as irrational as keeping pedophiles away from Chuck E. Cheese.

Old 10-01-2011, 07:27 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,994,436 times
Quote:
Wall Street is running this country and it's about time folks started protesting.
The youth today just coming out of college are fed up with the system.
I'm 100% behind their movement and 100% against the police harassment of a peaceful protest.
Yep and they are the ones who are going to be left holding the bag when the raping of our wealth is complete by the government and banking cartel.

Old 10-01-2011, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Wow Norton tagging people who use zombie computers in DDoS attacks is sooooo horrible.

It's about as irrational as keeping pedophiles away from Chuck E. Cheese.
How do you associate a facebook invitation popup with DDoS ?

Old 10-01-2011, 07:28 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,994,436 times
Quote:

LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies