Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support the Wall St. protesters?
Yes 157 51.48%
No 148 48.52%
Voters: 305. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 02:26 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,727,332 times

Advertisements

[quote=hotair2;21192055]
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
......If the OWS crowd hates the system so much they should man up and go blow something up!!!! Untill than their ineffectual blathering just pisses us Hardworking Americans off!!!![/quote]

So what you are advocating for the 99% to go all Timothy McVeigh and blow something up? Sorry, I don't condone or support violent protests. Maybe TPartiers such as yourself support terrorism, but I have not heard that from the 99ers, which is why I support them.
I ADVOCATE nothing..... Nor has anyone at any of the TEA party meetings I have attended.....If the 99 had the courage of the convictions they would go all John Brown (look him up if your highdollar education skipped American History) BTW If you make a study of liberial protest through history vs Conservative protest you will find that the Libs are the more violent.......Sooner or later some of you malcontents will start burning stuff and looting some stores then we'll seem some heads get busted.... I have my popcorn ready for the show!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2011, 02:26 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newonecoming2 View Post
Back in what was it 1981 Reagan said supply side economics. Voodoo economics. That tax brake. Supposed to make new jobs with it instead they outsourced jobs with it.The title of the thread was, “If you are not in the top 1%, then you are in the bottom 99%”. So I’m talking about personal income here not corporate income. If they take their graft and corruption with them then don’t let the border hit them on the back side on the way out. What if they take their money with them? That is just fine we will print some more.
I see that you are not very old. I remember in the early 50s when the Chinese Communists tried to do the printing of paper money like you want and the very funny cartoons of them going to the store with a wheel barrow of money to buy a loaf of bread. The Fed is pushing us to that point, right now, with their printing presses.

Old 10-07-2011, 02:27 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,812,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Protesting capitalism, by texting on their iPhones and Blackberries, while sipping Starbucks coffee.
There should be a logical explanation to this puzzling phenomenon.

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
This is correct and by the same people. I always wondered if someone would ask how dirt poor Egyptians got smart phones with service when it was reported that they only made a few bucks a day.
You mean MoveOn.org, Acorn, Code Pink arranged the Egyptian revolution. LMAO

5,421 posts, read 6,503,624 times
I just wish their criticism were more serious.

You don't like Wall Street because you have to pay back the loans you took? Seriously?

They need to take a bath and start talking more about the campaign donations, Citizens United cases, etc. I realize some are doing that, but they are being drown out by the nutters.

Of course, that kind of happened to the Tea Party too, so maybe that's just the nature of the beast.

Old 10-07-2011, 02:29 PM

15,089 posts, read 8,631,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
They got organized through social media and the organizers are the liberal activist groups like MoveOn.org, Acorn, Code Pink, community organizers and funded by those groups and powerful liberal people like George Soros.

The initial protesters were just young people who were used by the liberal groups and now the unions and liberal groups are joining.
This is the real deal .. and you nailed it.

This is such transparent nonsense for a group funded by Wall Street Billionaire George Soros (Moveon.org) to take the lead in an anti-Wall Street protest. And the fact that the unions are getting behind this (they were some of the biggest contributors to Wall Street Puppet Obama), and now Obama himself .... well, it just shows how indescribably stupid these left wing morons really are.

This is a dual effort to promote Obama's further destruction of the country by pushing his tax increases, (which won't touch the real wealthy), while rehabilitating his dismal popularity even among the loons that cried tears of joy when this fraud was placed in the White House by Wall Street Gangsters.

We're doomed, because the level of stupidity necessary to fail to see such blatant manipulation is beyond words.

Old 10-07-2011, 02:30 PM

11,251 posts, read 11,022,956 times
Sadly, 100% of the 99% people in this country would be considered part of the 1% in most other countries in the world.

Be thankful for what you do have. The majority of other people in the world would trade lives with you in a heartbeat.

Old 10-07-2011, 02:30 PM

1,148 posts, read 1,683,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I've thought long and hard about it and I really don't see the connection between middle class woes and Wall Street. Making matters worse, I have yet to hear a cogent explanation of the perceived connection. All I hear are "Wall Street Sucks!" ..."Big Banks Suck!"....but nothing tells me why they suck.

Can anyone explain this to me in a way that doesn't make you seem like you're just riding a bandwagon? I mean, if there's a true connection, shouldn't you be able to explain it to me pretty easily? OWS has to be based on something....what is it?
No, Wall Street isn't 100% responsible for the middle class woes, but they are partially responisble. You have heard about the whole housing mess right? Well, the banks made loans to people who couldn't afford them. Wall Street Banksters betted against these mortgages and made money in the process. Then, they asked for bailouts when the banks went under. There are movies and books about the financial crisis of 2008.

Of course, the borrower should have educated themselves on the type of loan they were taking out.

The government is also responsible because they were in Fannie and Freddie. Also, big players in the financial meltdown.

Old 10-07-2011, 02:31 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Do these two things sound a bit like maybe the far left and the Muslim Brotherhood are working together to destroy our government?
Yes, that's what it is. It's the MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD!!!! The muslim take over has begun!!!

We have a winner.

Old 10-07-2011, 02:34 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Let me see....I have a wonderful, beautiful, successful family, I have a great career, I have nearly zero debt, I have a positive net worth, I pay my bills, I enjoy good food and travel, I control my own destiny (mostly with God's help), and I'm being used?

I'm a pawn?

What's sad is seeing a bunch of whiny losers complaining that nobody will help them out of conditions which they, themselves have gotten themselves into.

I am the 1%.
I wish you continued happiness and prosperity but what if.....

Your family member was called off to war that is a war with clouded purpose with a select few prospering from it and your family member was killed for it?

What if your wonderful career was dumped by those in charge of you and out sourced?

What if you then lost your insurance and you or a family member became very sick?

You might stop your vacations, drop the cable bill, decrease your car insurance but the bills pilling up just was too much. Next you go into forclosure. Now you are looking for help for a place to sleep and are strapped with a lifetime debt you could never repay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies