Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 11:55 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,817,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
...........yet you always seem to be concerned about other people's money. Why not just be concerned about what YOU do and what YOU can do to better yourself?

Life is not a "zero sum game" in which one person has to lose in order for another to win. Liberals don't seem to understand this. If thier premise was true, there would be one world sultan and the rest of us would be living in mud huts and driving oxen carts.

Focus on your life and you will be happier. If you always look at what others have (there will always be somebody richer) you will be bitter for the rest of your life and will never be happy, regardless of how much wealth you accumulate. I am pretty well to do, but there are ALOT of people that have more money than I do. Guess what? I don't care. That is their life and not mine and it does not conern me.
well said!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I am fine with where I am. I make as much as I want to make. I am in position, much like yourself where that is possible, but thanks for caring.
you say that, but then make threads like this one. you can lie to yourself all you want, but it doesnt change the fact that YOU are jealous of what those richer than you have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2011, 12:03 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,650,451 times
Quote:
I am fine with where I am. I make as much as I want to make. I am in position, much like yourself where that is possible, but thanks for caring.

Why then are you so concerned with what others make? Again, it has no bearing on your income and does not prevent you or anyone else from making a good living. It is not a situation in which "the rich" are rich only by making others poor. Most would argue that the converse is true.

So why does it matter?

Old 10-03-2011, 12:11 PM

3,826 posts, read 3,386,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
Doesn't having weaponson a ship in open waters violate maritime law?

Any boat over 34 feet must be registered by the Coast Guard to be possibly used in a national emergency. It may be armed as a gunship to ward off invasion or attack.

Old 10-03-2011, 12:14 PM

3,826 posts, read 3,386,024 times
Quote:
Well when the 1% are on their yachts on the high seas or in port. They can have the benefits of advanced military technology and trained british royal marines at their disposal. So the question from a thread earlier about whether the Rich will arm themselves is kind of moot? They don't arm themselves that have the Royal Marines arm themselves on their own private yacht.

Wealthy arm their yachts with military-level security - CNN.com

How is this different than some ditzy girl who got lost a sea and tied up military assets lookin for her sailboat, or idiots who climb mountains and then need to be rescued?

Old 10-03-2011, 12:45 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,726,771 times
Quote:
Well when the 1% are on their yachts on the high seas or in port. They can have the benefits of advanced military technology and trained british royal marines at their disposal. So the question from a thread earlier about whether the Rich will arm themselves is kind of moot? They don't arm themselves that have the Royal Marines arm themselves on their own private yacht.

You are putting too much stock in the President's lies.

There are 1.4 million people in the top 1%. IF your AGI was $380,000 or more, you are in the top 1%

People making $380,000 cannot afford these big yachts. Frankly, someone making three times that amount cannot afford a big yacht.

So, the number of people who can afford a big yacht is probably closer to 1 tenth of 1 percent... or even less.

Old 10-03-2011, 12:49 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,914,531 times
Quote:
Really, well who are buying these yachts. 465 Million for yacht is pretty flaunting.
Why should you care, really? WHat you should care more about is legislation being proposed by Progressives which would limit how much you, I, or anyone else in the USA, had the potential to earn without punative taxation, thus keeping the uber-rich as the permanent elite class unattainable to others to reach.

Old 10-03-2011, 12:51 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The truly wealthy don't flaunt their wealth. You'd pass them on the street and wouldn't even know it.
The elite wealthy live in the shadows.
Damn - That's where I live!

Old 10-03-2011, 12:51 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,914,531 times
Quote:
BS. Some did and did not.
The only ones stealing money from your pocket are the Federal Reserve and the elected representatives voting for taxpayer bailouts of private banks and industry as well as higher taxation to support more of the same payback cronyism. Figure it out already.

Old 10-03-2011, 06:59 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,942,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
well said!!

you say that, but then make threads like this one. you can lie to yourself all you want, but it doesnt change the fact that YOU are jealous of what those richer than you have.
The thread was about how the rich protect themselves. What part of that shows envy. However,I am jealous of your mind reading skills.

Old 10-03-2011, 11:26 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,527,574 times
They create even more jobs by hiring folks as their security.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies