Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 07:48 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,813,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
All day, every day we are accused of being racists; now that HC is rising to the top...
But he won't get on the republican ticket. Why? Would it be because republicans are only accused of being racists, or because they are racists? I guess those are the two options you work with?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2011, 08:02 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,397,659 times
This word.... "neo prog".... I'm seeing it a lot.

What is "neo" about today's "progs"?

Old 10-03-2011, 08:04 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,288,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
This word.... "neo prog".... I'm seeing it a lot.

What is "neo" about today's "progs"?
I suspect they heard it on talk radio.

Old 10-03-2011, 08:44 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,097,789 times
Man, some of you posters are so darn lazy. At least two of you asked what a Neo Prog is, despite the fact hat it was asked and answered that very question in this thread; it's on the first page for crying out loud. Anyway, here it is, yet again:

I explained it once before, but I don't mind repeating again, you asked nicely. The term Neo Con (neoconservative) has been around for a while, so I figured if what's good for the proverbial goose, is good for the gander; i.e if we can have neo cons, why can't we have neo progs? My interpretation of a neo prog, is a modern day, western leftist, sadly the majority of whom have hijacked the democrat party. I will now give you some descriptions of Neo Prog behavior:

A Neo Prog professes tolerance, but is only tolerant towards those that they agree with. Disagree with Obama's policies? A Neo Prog will immediately label you a racist, as evidenced by nearly a dozen daily threads on this very forum.

Don't agree with abortion? A Neo Prog will immediately label you anti-woman.

Believe that marriage is between one man and one woman? A Neo Prog will immediately label you a bigot, homophobe and a hater.

Neo Progs basically believe that it is the governments job to provide for you and that the government, in it's infinite wisdom knows how to run your life better than you do.

Neo Progs believe in the politics of jealousy. They despise the rich and wish to take from them and give it to those that they deem less fortunate. They call it fairness or income redistribution. I call it stealing.

Neo Progs believe in the politics of personal destruction, i.e hate. Anyone with whom the disagree is stupid, bigoted, unenlightened, doesn't believe in science, etc. This tactic was first proscribed by a far left radical Saul Alinsky in his book Rule for Radicals (the Bible for many Neo Progs).

Any way, that's just a brief description of a Neo Prog, hope it helped.

Old 10-03-2011, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
But he won't get on the republican ticket. Why? Would it be because republicans are only accused of being racists, or because they are racists? I guess those are the two options you work with?
Haha, you're so intellectually lazy. You believe that all black people should act, think and vote alike. That my friend, is the epitome of racist behavior. Perhaps it's time to take a long look in the mirror and do some soul searching.

Old 10-03-2011, 09:21 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
Man, some of you posters are so darn lazy. At least two of you asked what a Neo Prog is, despite the fact hat it was asked and answered that very question in this thread; it's on the first page for crying out loud. Anyway, here it is, yet again:

I explained it once before, but I don't mind repeating again, you asked nicely. The term Neo Con (neoconservative) has been around for a while, so I figured if what's good for the proverbial goose, is good for the gander; i.e if we can have neo cons, why can't we have neo progs? My interpretation of a neo prog, is a modern day, western leftist, sadly the majority of whom have hijacked the democrat party. I will now give you some descriptions of Neo Prog behavior:

A Neo Prog professes tolerance, but is only tolerant towards those that they agree with. Disagree with Obama's policies? A Neo Prog will immediately label you a racist, as evidenced by nearly a dozen daily threads on this very forum.

Don't agree with abortion? A Neo Prog will immediately label you anti-woman.

Believe that marriage is between one man and one woman? A Neo Prog will immediately label you a bigot, homophobe and a hater.

Neo Progs basically believe that it is the governments job to provide for you and that the government, in it's infinite wisdom knows how to run your life better than you do.

Neo Progs believe in the politics of jealousy. They despise the rich and wish to take from them and give it to those that they deem less fortunate. They call it fairness or income redistribution. I call it stealing.

Neo Progs believe in the politics of personal destruction, i.e hate. Anyone with whom the disagree is stupid, bigoted, unenlightened, doesn't believe in science, etc. This tactic was first proscribed by a far left radical Saul Alinsky in his book Rule for Radicals (the Bible for many Neo Progs).

Any way, that's just a brief description of a Neo Prog, hope it helped.
Well, thanks for Your definition. Good thing to know there are no Neo-progs on this discussion board since I have never seen anyone here that fits your definition.

Old 10-03-2011, 09:29 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,146,264 times
Quote:
All day, every day we are accused of being racists; now that HC is rising to the top, the radical left hate machine has to try extra hard to portray us as racists, even going so far as to claim that we are only voting for him to prove that we are not racist. lol Well, what if HC got the nominee and picked Rubio as his running mate? The Neo Prog propagandists would go crazy trying to spin hate outta that. lol
Great! But his name may as well be Herman McCain....(AKA Repug Sacrificial Lamb)

PS: Repugs portray themselves as racists with racist remarks....they don't need lefties help

Old 10-03-2011, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Well, thanks for Your definition. Good thing to know there are no Neo-progs on this discussion board since I have never seen anyone here that fits your definition.
No mirrors in Casa de Casper?

Old 10-03-2011, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Great! But his name may as well be Herman McCain....(AKA Repug Sacrificial Lamb)

PS: Repugs portray themselves as racists with racist remarks....they don't need lefties help
You believe that all black people should act, think and vote alike. Who is the racist one again?

Old 10-03-2011, 09:40 AM

3,498 posts, read 2,217,654 times
I prefer a Rick Perry/Bachmann or Perry/Romney ticket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies