Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 08:20 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,152,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWdrifter View Post
Actually most white people are either working class or low income. I think the sterotype that all white people are rich and privleged is rediculous. So does that make my father who grew up in east LA and worked hard all his life to support his four kids at times being a single father and barely making ends meat wealthy? how about my grandfather who fought in the marines in korea when he was 16 and later worked as a carpenter like my countless other relatives?
Same holds true for blacks. Not all blacks are poor and have no appreciation for education.

Those kind of stereotypes, I think, really do make people feel good about themselves.

I often time wonder how do people believe such nonsense.

I hope WalkTheLine comes back to answer my question in post #151.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2011, 01:44 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,038,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Why do you think whites have been and still the wealthiest group in the USA?

We always talk about poor blacks and rich whites but no ever talks about why it's like that.

can you share some perspective?
You got a point there. A lot of people like to say that blacks are poor and on welfare. Fact is, there are more whites who are on welfare than minorities simply based on numbers.

Old 10-11-2011, 01:48 PM

1,459 posts, read 3,292,960 times
I see more rich asians than I do other races

Old 10-11-2011, 02:00 PM

33,507 posts, read 18,059,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Of course they moved on. They weren't lynched or Jim Crowed or KKK'd like blacks were well into the 20th century. Many were slaveowners or plantation overseers. They were allowed to "become white" with ease.
I haven't heard of any lynchings or the KKK , so how come the blacks can't move on.. no ,,, they want the whites to spread the wealth and don't care much for black men like Herman Cain who worked his way up to where he is without resenting the whites.. I want to tell you this, most white folks never did anything bad to blacks.

Old 10-11-2011, 02:17 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,621,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Well, I for one appreciate having successfull neighbors and friends regardless of ethninticity. I'm not for social integration for the sake of being pollitically correct, I want to live with good goal oriented Americans who know that our future is based all of our success. A brain is a brain regardless of whats on the outside!
Your statement cuts to the chase - I don't want to live around or support lazy, uneducated louts of any race who refuse to "pull themselves up by their boot straps." I know there are many reasons for poverty, lack of education and crime but I don't want to risk my life or that of my family trying to be foolishly tolerant and understanding. I think most middle class and working class Americans have had enough of lazy spongers, which includes many of our politicians by the way and are frustrated because their doesn't seem to be much we can do about it.

Old 10-11-2011, 02:20 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,576,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I haven't heard of any lynchings or the KKK
I guess that means it never happened.

Quote:
, so how come the blacks can't move on.. no ,,, they want the whites to spread the wealth and don't care much for black men like Herman Cain who worked his way up to where he is without resenting the whites.. I want to tell you this, most white folks never did anything bad to blacks.
You obviously don't have any standing to say what blacks should do, or what they think. So please stop acting as if you do.

Old 10-11-2011, 03:29 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,621,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I haven't heard of any lynchings or the KKK , so how come the blacks can't move on.. no ,,, they want the whites to spread the wealth and don't care much for black men like Herman Cain who worked his way up to where he is without resenting the whites.. I want to tell you this, most white folks never did anything bad to blacks.
It is amazing how you know what all blacks think and feel! And equally amazing that you think all whites have wealth to spread -
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies