Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 05:09 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
You're guaranteed not to have one if you don't do the deeed. I know it's fun...but don't do it if you're not ready for the consequences. I know that personal responsibility is a touch concept for a liberal...but please try to understand.
So God thinks recreational sex between a pair of opposite sex heterosexuals is a serious sin if only done for the purpose of having fun?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2011, 05:37 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Did you even glance at the web sites I posted? I did not go there with in-vitro. Many say it is immoral and I did not go there. I could have but I did not. For those who do and also get abortions they need to decide. We all have to follow our consciences but we all need to be informed.

Also, many women are forced to abort, the is the ugly truth even if pro-choice people don't want to acknowledge it.
"""Did you even glance at the web sites I posted?"""

You keep asking posters to read your link....it looks like most either have or know what bone you're chewing on.

BUT YOU won't/can't/don't read other's posts or answer questions, you just keep repeating your mantra as if it might come true by repeating it. So many posters have shown how wrong you are and you don't acknowledge them so why do you keep insisting others read your link????

I read your link, your mantra,...it did nothing to change my mind....

Old 10-09-2011, 12:08 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
And making abortion safe and legal isn't one of them.

As to wars, YOU have posted that you don't care if babies are blown up in wars as long as the war protects YOU.

Is THAT moral?
I said no such thing! I said our wars protects our babies from being blown up. Can I make a choice what babies are blown up----no. I said war is hell and can be immoral.

If a terrorist is holding a baby while he tries to kill hundreds of people it is on his head as to the morality of it. By the way a lot of terrorists do that very thing. They know our soldiers will not shoot if they hide behind the innocent.

Old 10-09-2011, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Many women are forced to do a lot of things they don't want to do.....are you going to campaign against everything???

YOU want women FORCED to have babies they don't want....forcing people to do what YOU want is OK????

Answer: NO
What are you forcing women to do? If a woman does not want an abortion but is forced I guess you are saying that is ok since you don't even want to consider that can and does happen.

Old 10-09-2011, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Why can't you just answer my question?

Are pro-lifer's trying to ban in-vitro or not? If not.....why not?

Personally, I do not recall ever hearing of any congressman or state legislator ever introducing legislation to ban in-vitro.

{I do not have the time or the inclination to go through all of the websites you have posted.....at the very least.....narrow it down for me.}
I don't know why you think I am the expert but from my understanding it is not ok to do in-vitro. That is why I did not do it. Are people trying to have it banned? I think they are in the process of having clinics that flush embryos down the toilet looked into. I know for sure they are trying to stop our taxes from supporting it. We don't want to pay for an immoral act that goes against our conscience.

You know a good place to ask questions like this is the web site I posted on Catholic answers. By the way Catholic answers are the same as most Christian answers. I am sorry you think those web sites are against abortions but YES they are. That is why I posted them. Why should I post a site that is for abortions when I want this tread to be one that is against abortions?

Old 10-09-2011, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
annie, the answer is no, pro life/anti choice only wants to ban abortion. anti choice turn a blind eye to the other "lives" lost.

Not true. Go ask your question on the Q&A thread in the EWTN web site. They can give you a more in depth answer.

Old 10-09-2011, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
In many cases yes it can be moral. Morality is a matter of personal opinion, and what you find immoral i might find perfectly moral.
In the final analysis it is what society finds moral and immoral. The majority of our society has always been against abortion but it has only gotten worse. More abortions each year. I think now if people cannot ban it they are trying to at least restrict it and trying to make abortion clinics more accountable about what they do. Women get more info about the procedure when they to have their teeth worked on than when they go get an abortion. That is shocking, what are these clinics afraid of?

Old 10-09-2011, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So God thinks recreational sex between a pair of opposite sex heterosexuals is a serious sin if only done for the purpose of having fun?
News flash----YES. Also between two unmarried heterosexuals. I know It's quite shocking with our sex saturated society now. Sex has and always will be for procreation. How else do you think you our anyone else got here? You have another plan?

Look what has happened to our children now when people do not put them first before haveing "fun" sex. They end up dead and not wanted before and/or after birth.

Old 10-09-2011, 12:36 AM

Quote:
"""Did you even glance at the web sites I posted?"""

You keep asking posters to read your link....it looks like most either have or know what bone you're chewing on.

BUT YOU won't/can't/don't read other's posts or answer questions, you just keep repeating your mantra as if it might come true by repeating it. So many posters have shown how wrong you are and you don't acknowledge them so why do you keep insisting others read your link????

I read your link, your mantra,...it did nothing to change my mind....
Maybe it has changed some other minds. We never know.

I feel a repeating mantra myself coming from the other way.

Old 10-09-2011, 01:26 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
In the final analysis it is what society finds moral and immoral. The majority of our society has always been against abortion but it has only gotten worse. More abortions each year. I think now if people cannot ban it they are trying to at least restrict it and trying to make abortion clinics more accountable about what they do. Women get more info about the procedure when they to have their teeth worked on than when they go get an abortion. That is shocking, what are these clinics afraid of?
That is total nonsense. The doctor most certainly does explain everything that will be done during the abortion procedure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies