Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 09:03 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,800,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
See people this is not sensible discourse!

This "person" make a stupid ass statement like "Can't take the ghetto out of the girl"

Really? Really? What ghetto? Yeah, She's seems real ghetto. Are you calling her that because she's black? It really couldn't be any other possible reason. There is nothing remotely ghetto about her. I mean other than the fact that she is black which some people would say is synonymous with ghetto which, of course, would be a factually incorrect thing to do.
Glad you brought that up.....it was written for a reason.
Sounds sort of like Meeechelle's husband talking about people in rural PA "clinging to guns and religion"???? Right? OR "typical white person"???? Right? If Meeechelle and Bambi can stereotype, why can't we?

Meeechelle could be a beauty queen and her past comments and attitude would make her ugly.

Old 10-03-2011, 09:11 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,167,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Sounds sort of like Meeechelle's husband talking about people in rural PA "clinging to guns and religion"???? Right? OR "typical white person"???? Right? If Meeechelle and Bambi can stereotype, why can't we?

Meeechelle could be a beauty queen and her past comments and attitude would make her ugly.
If the best you can do is drag up stuff from 3-25 years ago, you're sinking fast.

Old 10-03-2011, 09:12 PM

812 posts, read 592,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
"Smooth edges" LOL... is that like saying a girl has a "great personality". "She's not fat, she just has big bones."
Pleasantly Plunk.

Old 10-03-2011, 09:14 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,455,921 times
Quote:
It's a lot like people who call any white person they don't like "redneck, inbred, trailer trash hicks."
Dear Mr. Backspace,

Even though that is the worst justification one could use, it still doesn't make sense to call Michelle Obama "ghetto."

Usually, in most instances of hurtling insults at people, they would resort to stereotypes that fit said figure of ire. A lot of people call "white" people they don't like "redneck, inbred, trailer trash hicks" when the exhibit any sort of stereotypical behavior the is to be associated with said white figure of ire.
(i.e. Sarah Palin, Rick Perry, Monday Night Football guy, who in most cases exhibit rural, country, southern ideas, and spout ill advised (possibly ignorant) commentary which is synonmous with "redneck, inbred, and trailer trash hicks" stereotypes) Nobody is gonna call Mitt Romney, or Ron Paul of John Kerry or Steve Jobs or Chris Christie a "redneck, inbred, or trailer trash hicks".

So case in point, if you are going to insult the First Lady using racially charge stereotypes, use the correct ones. For example "Uppity, and Bougie."

Old 10-03-2011, 09:16 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,817,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Dear Mr. Backspace,

Even though that is the worst justification one could use, it still doesn't make sense to call Michelle Obama "ghetto."

Usually, in most instances of hurtling insults at people, they would resort to stereotypes that fit said figure of ire. A lot of people call "white" people they don't like "redneck, inbred, trailer trash hicks" when the exhibit any sort of stereotypical behavior the is to be associated with said white figure of ire.
(i.e. Sarah Palin, Rick Perry, Monday Night Football guy, who in most cases exhibit rural, country, southern ideas, and spout ill advised (possibly ignorant) commentary which is synonmous with "redneck, inbred, and trailer trash hicks" stereotypes) Nobody is gonna call Mitt Romney, or Ron Paul of John Kerry or Steve Jobs or Chris Christie a "redneck, inbred, or trailer trash hicks".

So case in point, if you are going to insult the First Lady using racially charge stereotypes, use the correct ones. For example "Uppity, and Bougie."
I don't think she's actually ghetto, I just think she's ugly.

Old 10-03-2011, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post

No, there was no reasoning to you writing it except for the fact that when there is "Michelle Bashing" to be made, you wanna be right there in the thick of it trying your little best to insult her.

Its obvious you missed the point of the speech.

Old 10-03-2011, 09:20 PM

Quote:
I don't think she's actually ghetto, I just think she's ugly.
Well, I know that, I was just referring to the fact if people are gonna use stereotypes to please use the correct ones.

Old 10-03-2011, 09:23 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,288,706 times
I don't think Michelle Obama is something really, super, spectacular beautiful, but she carries herself well and has a good fashion sense. I do think that there are people out there who are obviously bigots so of course they are going to call her ugly. I'm sure in their living rooms with their family they call her all sorts of things.

Old 10-03-2011, 09:27 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,726,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Oh, hell! I've said many times that every first lady is criticized, no matter what she does.
The catty social conservatives fearful of losing their white man fantasizing about the first lady?

Piece of meat is as honest as it gets. Let's not forget how specific apostles had to get spelling out graphic detail. Livestock is a no no. No, do NOT put your penis in a hole in the wall, or the ground, or in a tree hole. It betrays their own dent in the head. Until the day someone is talking about their mother or daughter that way, they're conveniently oblivious to themselves.

Is it really going to take a cartoonist out there doing a Jugs centerfold of Barbara Bush contributed to the dubbya library? Get the magic eraser out and edit any and all charitable work she did. Rename her to a number. Reduce her epitaph to how many times she sexually serviced her husband. The white version of 'yo mamma' perpetrated upon r's? Until then I doubt they'd get the concept of respect painfully eluding them alienating the other half of the species at best. Twisting women giving them the time of day into catty bertha better than you monsters at worst.

Growing the hell up is the last thing that occurs to them. I think you and I both know not to be holding our breath over it at this late date in life.

Old 10-03-2011, 09:30 PM

1,081 posts, read 912,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
The same way they can say Sarah Palin is ugly. LOL
Exactly. OP set himself up on this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies