Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2011, 06:31 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,030,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
WC Fields said something about 80 years ago along the lines of "only an idiot links politics with business and alienates 1/2 thier customers."
Yes and that's advice a lot of entertainers would have been wise to heed...good example of that is Charlie Daniels...as far right of a neoCON chickenhawk as there has ever been...he should have stuck to fiddling and kept quiet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2011, 06:32 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,507,242 times
I think ESPN's main intention was to paint Fox as being even further to the right. They saw the opportunity, and they took it.

Old 10-04-2011, 06:39 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,297,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I think Bocephus fell off a cliff...
He did

Old 10-04-2011, 07:02 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,291,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
God bless Hank Williams for daring to say what millions are whispering! Heck yeah....exercising his right to free speech without giving a dang who likes it, or not. Hank-- not politically correct nor is he feeling intimidated by the Subversives in the White House.

Hank Williams Jr. Likens Obama To Hitler | RealClearPolitics
How is President Obama like Hitler? Seriously, please explain. You really think that Williams is to be admired for not being politically correct? You actually give him THAT much credit? How many people have been calling the President "Hitler" or "Commie" and stuff like that? Are they all some political geniuses? Or are they just the ignorant version that have no idea what they are talking about and just repeat what they hear?

I feel sorry for folks that are so consumed with dislike that they can't even think.

Old 10-04-2011, 07:10 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,291,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
No, his Hitler comment was very wise.

Do you not know that Obama wants his own "Civilian Security Force" and he wants it to be "as big, powerful and well-funded" as our current military! I saw and heard him say it,myself. That idea is nuts, but worse...very, very suspicious.

Hitler had just a force as that.
FactCheck.org : Obama’s ‘National Security Force?’

I think you are mistaken. I really ask that you take an honest and open-minded look at what the President said. I actually remember when this topic became news and to me when he said it, it was obvious what he was talking about.

You will see in the link that it was another person that tried to paint the President as wanting to create a MILITARY force. In fact, it was he, the Congressman of Georgia (go figure) that introduced the thoughts of a gestapo and Hitler.

You are a pawn that fell right into that, congratulations.

I think that people who hate, dislike or disagree with politicians should be open enough to trying to find out what REALLY happened instead of being so deteremined to continue on thinking THE WORST. Don't you WANT to be reassured or convinced that a person isn't as bad as you think or isn't trying to ruin your future like you think?

The President does many things that I don't agree with and says the same amount of things, but I won't blindly believe what I hear, I prefer to research.

Old 10-04-2011, 07:16 PM

1,258 posts, read 2,304,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
I think ESPN's main intention was to paint Fox as being even further to the right. They saw the opportunity, and they took it.
Yes of course....ESPN is just another cog in the vast left-wing, elite media conspiracy machine...Thank baby jesus for the Faux News and talk-radiot warriors keeping Americans up to date with the truth!

Oh and yeah Monday Night Football is definately part of the conspiracy, they just couldn't wait to get rid of that right-wing tea-tard, MNF has just been foaming at the mouth for the chance to get rid of ol' Hank the lush and bring in some left winger!

Old 10-04-2011, 07:41 PM

46,189 posts, read 26,866,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I think Bocephus fell off a cliff...
Even for you bob, that is an extremely low blow....

Just in case most do not know, Hank Jr. did fall off a cliff...not a joke, something that actually happened...

Old 10-04-2011, 08:04 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,402,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAisGreat View Post
Wow what a shocker...a right-winger, tea party kinda guy...He's just like a typical hypocrite right-wing dbag.

The guy is a total cretin. If you look at his history and the stuff he's done...Adulterer, drug addict, alcoholic, abandoned his illegitimate kid, basically a self-absorbed dirtbag, much like most of the tea-tards.

Yet if he hadn't put his foot in his mouth like this, any and all of the right-wing/tea-tard nuts would have paraded him out at any and all events he would show up to.

These same people love guys like this, inbred racist scumbags, but then want us to put their people into office who first thing they always want to do is to pass laws telling everybody else how we have to live based on what they think is right and wrong.
Umm, much of your description of him is the same as liberal actors, actresses, and singers; drug addicted and adulterer. The rest of your post was nothing more than a fine example of broad generalization and bigotry.

Old 10-04-2011, 08:07 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,402,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Yes and that's advice a lot of entertainers would have been wise to heed...good example of that is Charlie Daniels...as far right of a neoCON chickenhawk as there has ever been...he should have stuck to fiddling and kept quiet.
And do you feel the same about liberal actors, actresses, and singers who spout off stupidly about their political causes?

Old 10-04-2011, 10:11 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,030,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
And do you feel the same about liberal actors, actresses, and singers who spout off stupidly about their political causes?
Yes as a matter of fact I do...I pretty much dislike all far right AND far left wingers equally.

The only semi famous entertainer I used to like hear talk political trash was Zack de la Rocha from RATM because he was so brutal to listen to,he was knowlegable on the things he talked about and he didn't mince words,he pretty much let you know where he stood..I didn't agree with everything he said by no means,but I listened to him...kinda refreshing imo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies