Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 09:42 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,711,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
So what is my "motivation is for posted in this thread"?

LoL
"Tin foil hatter"

The OP is a legitimate concern and topic of discussion and or debate ... If you have anything to say regarding the OP, feel free to do so ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2011, 12:49 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,772,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
I just think that its important we realize that what we are dealing with is something that has been orchestrated in almost every regard by the United States Government. I just don't understand why people cant connect the dots ... It couldn't be more obvious ...The audacity of it all is shocking ... !

And even if there is no military industrial complex/global banking conspiracy, isn't it obvious that our actions in the past are at least in some large part responsible for the challenges we are facing today? And what is the ultimate outcome of the foreign policy that we have today? To what extent are people willing to sacrifice their liberties and inalienable rights for the illusion of security? If the ones who are securing us are the ones responsible for setting up the ones who are supposed to be threatening us to begin with, then who will protect us from them? Its the fox guarding the hen house ...
Indeed.

Waiting for the far left to label you a conspiracy theorist in 3,2,1....

Old 10-05-2011, 03:44 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,953,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Indeed.

You really think most of the anti-war/global empire thinking comes from the right?

Old 10-06-2011, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
You really think most of the anti-war/global empire thinking comes from the right?
I really don't believe this to be a left wing right wing thing ... That is to say i believe that presidents and representatives from both sides have been responsible for this, along with the intelligence agencies.

If people don't start getting past their party loyalties and realize this is a problem for all Americans whether republican or democrat or libertarian or any other party ... We are all going to regret it.

Old 10-11-2011, 11:52 PM

Ron Paul: Feds aiding Taliban. Afghanistan, Blowback - YouTube

Old 10-12-2011, 09:19 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,924,635 times
Quote:
I really don't believe this to be a left wing right wing thing ... That is to say i believe that presidents and representatives from both sides have been responsible for this, along with the intelligence agencies.

If people don't start getting past their party loyalties and realize this is a problem for all Americans whether republican or democrat or libertarian or any other party ... We are all going to regret it.

Been saying this all along! Well... you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink!

Old 10-12-2011, 01:37 PM

58,431 posts, read 26,762,925 times
Quote:
I was reading a blog on a conservative web site that was calling Ron Pauls voting history into account. The blog entry is here ...

The Ron Paul Voting Record

... despite the fact that i found the writers criticisms to be obviously neoconservative and scratched my head at how he could disagree with Dr. Paul's consistent lean towards constitutional liberty as is demonstrated by his voting record, i got stuck on the writers position on the war in Iraq and its "legality" in terms of the propagated "intelligence" which it relied upon.

He wrote about How Paul voted against going into Iraq to remove Hussein, and he referred to Iraq's alleged associations with terrorist organization ... and the whole time i read his explanations i was left wondering how Hussein got into power to being with, and then i started thinking about how Al Qaeda was established to being with.

Isn't it true that U.S.A intelligence agencies are in fact responsible for setting up at least some of the terrorist groups and corrupt regimes that we are now in the business of using as a justified reason for attacking other nations through various forms of otherwise illegal military incursions, all in the name of the war on terror?

Does anybody else ever ask these questions, or am i just way off in left field here? Isn't that the very definition of subversive action? And is that really the American way? Should it be?

Thoughts?
It is not uncommon for decent parents to raise a child, teaching them right from wrong etc., and that child turn out bad.

Old 10-12-2011, 02:01 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,255,344 times
Default Setting them up so we can knock them down?

SHINING scene at the bar - YouTube

Old 10-12-2011, 08:13 PM

24,624 posts, read 19,036,487 times
Quote:
... despite the fact that i found the writers criticisms to be obviously neoconservative...
On what basis?

I don't believe you understand the history of neo-conservatives, and please don't gag me with something silly like Bush was a neo-conservative. Both Bush the Elder and Bush the Younger were neo-liberal institutionalists (just like Clinton).

Quote:
... and the whole time i read his explanations i was left wondering how Hussein got into power to being with...
Some fat pig alcoholic slob named Winston Churchill farted while drawing on map and that created Iraq and Kuwait.

They the Brits insulted the majority Shi'a Muslims in Iraq by installing a Saudi Sunni as their king. That was Faisal.

Then Faisal was going to nationalize the oil companies, so the US murdered King Faisal in cold blood.

He was replaced by General Qasim.

General Qasim (god bless him) was too stupid to understand why Faisal was murdered in cold blood by the US, so when he started rambling about the oil companies, the US murdered Qasim in cold blood too.

There were some rumblings with Arab Unity and what not which had led to the creation of the Ba'ath Party which eventually gained control in both Syria and Iraq, and Saddam emerged out of that. He was fully backed and supported by the US.

Quote:
Isn't it true that U.S.A intelligence agencies are in fact responsible for setting up at least some of the terrorist groups and corrupt regimes that we are now in the business of using as a justified reason for attacking other nations through various forms of otherwise illegal military incursions, all in the name of the war on terror?
Sure. The US murdered President Schemarke in cold blood and installed Mohammed Barre who fleeced the US and then was ousted by Mohammed Adid.

Then there's Castro. Castro was part of group that bombed an army barracks. He and many of the others got caught and were imprisoned. The State Department pressured Batista to grant them clemency and he did. Castro was invited to the US Embassy Mission Mexico City where he was recruited to overthrow Batista. The CIA assigned agent Frank Sturgis to Castro as his bodyguard and intelligence coordinator. Sturgis planned all of the airdrops from the US for supplies to arm and feed Castro's army. When Castro asked US corporations to pay their back taxes owed and start paying their current taxes, and also asked National Sugar to increase the pay of field workers from $0.30/day (for a 10-hour day) to match the pay of National Sugars field workers in Nicaragua and Guatemala, the US threw a hissy fit and started frothing at the mouth until they fell over backwards and then when Castro expropriated all of the US assets, which was his right under International Law, US Public Law and Cuban Law, the US tried repeatedly to murder him in cold blood and overthrow his government.

The US put Ghaddafi in power. After they put him power, they protected him 3 times from different coup attempts. When Ghaddafi pointed out that the US getting 100% of the oil and 100% of the profits was pure BS, the US threw a hissy fit and started frothing at the mouth until they fell over backwards. They tried to murder Ghaddafi in cold blood too. His private plane was flying in Italian air space, so they tried to shoot him down and missed and hit an Italian passenger airliner and murdered all of those people instead.

The US installed a puppet dictator in Nicaragua, and when he started taxing US corporations, the US threw a hissy fit and started frothing at the mouth until they fell over backwards and then they murdered him in cold blood. His successor at least had the common sense to ask the US for permission to tax US corporations, instead of just taxing them. The US threw a hissy fit and started frothing at the mouth until they fell over backwards and then they overthrew his government and replaced him with a new puppet dictator.

About 2 years ago, Obama illegally overthrew the Honduran government for attempting to initiate land reforms without the express written consent of Obama, the American people, Major League Baseball, and Non-Food Commercial Worker's Union Local 99.

Yeah, the US has quite a long history of doing that.

When Colombia approached the US about building a canal in the Colombian Province of Panama, and splitting the costs and profits 50-50, the US threw a hissy fit and started frothing at the mouth until they fell over backwards, because the US wanted 90% of the profits. So the US hired a mercenary army, started a revolution, declared Panama independent, and then built the canal.

Quote:
And is that really the American way?
Yes.

All that America is it got through wrongful imprisonment, torture, murder, overthrowing governments and oppressing people politically and economically.

Quote:
Should it be?
If you believe the US should rule the world by Divine Right and Divine Providence and everyone on the rest of the Planet is your economic slave to service you, I guess so.

Quote:
I just think that its important we realize that what we are dealing with is something that has been orchestrated in almost every regard by the United States Government. I just don't understand why people cant connect the dots ... It couldn't be more obvious ...The audacity of it all is shocking ... !
Like what? You mean like the CIA murdering Italian Prime Minister Aldo Moro and the CIA, DGSE and Italian Intelligence using terror groups like Action Direct, the German Red Army Brigade and the Italian Red Army Brigade to do things like kidnap General Dozier, car bomb USAFE Headquarters at Ramstein Air Base, murder a kid in my battalion so his ID card could be used to plant a car bomb on Rhein Main Air Base that killed a pregnant American woman, attempt to assassinate General Haig and steal cases of hand grenades from the rail head at Miesau Army Depot (used later in the attack on Lod Airport and other fun places) by the Japanese Red Army Brigade for the purpose of frightening people into voting for more conservative governments in European countries, or are you talking about something else?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies