Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 03:49 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,483,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetZero View Post
We should say F U HINA!!!

By the way I think china see some leaks developing in their overheated economy. It seems their are getting defensive like a wounded animal.

We better have some weapons (not military) ready to fight them off.
If you didn't have the respective positions of the two countries reversed, you'd be right on the money.

Weapons to fight them off, not being of a military nature, what could those possibly be? Nationalise Walmart?

If it comes to military confrontation; that ones gonna hurt big time as they have standing army in the millions.

Janes Fighting Ships has been telling your admirals for years now that they have been building warships and shrink wrapping them for the future. you have a moth-balled fleet as well but it's OLD stuff.

A military confrontation with China? Believe me when I simply say you do not want to go there!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2011, 03:51 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,074 times
There is absolutely no reason to go to war with China. There is no reason for them to go to war with the US.

Old 10-04-2011, 08:55 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,946,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Sounds like a threat to me.
I guess Walmart will have find another supplier for their stores. Ahhhhhh too bad.

Old 10-05-2011, 07:36 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,739,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
NAFTA opened the doors for the US corporations to take their manufacturing elsewhere. It was the first of many unequal trade agreements made by the USA in the name of crony capitalism. As you have so aptly pointed out there is a domino effect.

Yes, we are in a global economy and yes I understand companies like Catapillar and others manufacturing closer to where their demand base is located. However, the USA is no longer manufacturing those things demanded in the USA, not even the processing of our raw materials like lumber and steel or the electronics which guide our military technology. Instead we service the poor, the elderly, and provide medical services. These practices alone do not bring income to our country. We need to bring back a significant proportion of our manufacturing, IMO, YMMV.
Because economic globalization is out of the bottle and won't go back in, I think we need some sort of global rules regarding taxation etc. Companies exploit the benefits and weak spots of every country around the globe and society pays the price for that cherry-picking. One can't regulate a global economy with national laws.

Old 10-05-2011, 08:22 AM

3,045 posts, read 3,192,643 times
I don't buy almost anything made in China, so they can start their trade war. This should have been dealt with a decade ago. Let's say around the time that our spy plane crashed in their country and they kept the plane and imprisoned the pilots. Of course, the leadership at the time did nothing, but it would have been a good impetus to get rid of their MFN trading status until they started acting like a civilized country.

Old 10-05-2011, 08:25 AM

3,045 posts, read 3,192,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Who is running the USA? Not exactly problem solvers. Bunch of idiots and communists. There is your problem and why many are so worried. Too bad they don't worry when they vote. All they remember is what lies the media trashes certain candidates with a few weeks before an election.
Really? Who do you know of that is running the place that has a low IQ? Also, when exactly did the country become Communist? Who exactly was advocating for one political party to run the country with no elections. Only someone of really low intelligence would make those statements and not be able to back them up.

Old 10-05-2011, 08:25 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
We are, and have been, in a trade war with China. We are losing but our financiers are making ever bigger fortunes financing the deals.

Old 10-05-2011, 08:29 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,318,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
At least we will bring jobs home.
Wallmart is history, man.

I'm going to Mom and Pop my way to the very top.

And that rhymes, son.

I'm setting up now for selling used Apples on street corners.

Five cents each.

Old 10-05-2011, 08:52 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,739,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
I don't buy almost anything made in China, so they can start their trade war. This should have been dealt with a decade ago. Let's say around the time that our spy plane crashed in their country and they kept the plane and imprisoned the pilots. Of course, the leadership at the time did nothing, but it would have been a good impetus to get rid of their MFN trading status until they started acting like a civilized country.
I assume the very computer you are using is full of stuff made in Hina

Old 10-05-2011, 09:00 AM

912 posts, read 1,331,748 times
China will win a trade .America already owes them the trilion a dollars ,besides America is not the only country in the world .As for the jobs,America had em once before and we gave them away by hiking up our salaries and production costs .Do you think America could have thought about it first,only then hitting them years later ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies