Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 05:44 PM

114 posts, read 99,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
A doctor heals people and saves lives, a benefit to society....How does manipulation of other people's money provide any benefits to society?
do you mean investing? Investing money in businesses gives it money to grow and hire more people creating jobs. Choosing businesses that show potential takes skill and prevents resources from being wasted on businesses that are more likely to fail. What's wrong with people marketing their skill to people that have the resources to use it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2011, 05:46 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,844,914 times
Talking a lot and doing something are two completely different things.... so take Anonymouse with a grain of salt... it seems to me, they talk a alot... their bite is as weak as a... well... mouse...

Old 10-04-2011, 05:56 PM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times
Those Tea Party meetings were in rented halls paid for by David Koch via Dick Armey.
I'm told by folks who were on the bridge that the NYCPd directed them to the bridge. They were on a pedestrian bridge and were directed by cops to go on the vehicle bridge. Then they were arrested.

Old 10-04-2011, 06:28 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
closed down a bridge?

The Tea Party rooted for and supported shutting down government..three times...the morons.
Sorry but FEMA is out of control............Tea-GOP Threatens Another Government Shutdown | One Utah..

Last week, Senate Democrats along with 10 Republicans, passed a bill to re-up FEMA’s disaster relief account by nearly $7 billion, with no offsetting budget cuts. Reid is insisting that this legislation be included in a broader House package to fund the rest of the government. But Republican leaders say Reid’s plan is DOA in the House.

This is why he and Pelosi make a great team for the Dem's they love to hide what's in a bill or add more to it. Those are the morons.....now who's begging to fund the government.

Old 10-04-2011, 06:30 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,585,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
closed down a bridge?

The Tea Party rooted for and supported shutting down government..three times...the morons.

From a public forum and it sums it all up..
How can any1 forget last summers image of Boehner, tawny Agent Orange...eeek...are there ANY decent looking Repubs???

Old 10-04-2011, 06:32 PM

1,258 posts, read 2,311,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
It would appear the #occupywallstreet group support acts of financial terrorism rather than working within the law.

Anonymous threatens the New York Stock Exchange
That would be awesome! Give the banksters a taste of their own medicine! Are you really that much of a sheeple to think that the Wall Street Terrorist Banksters operate 'within the law'????

Old 10-04-2011, 06:34 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,585,697 times
Quote:
The average salary for Wall Street is $289,664, and the average bonus per person: $125,000, while the average for all of New York City is $56,634, and the average CEO (Standard & Poor's 500 Index company) received over 11 million in salary and benefits in 2010

For this pay they produce nothing, and it is all done by gambling your's and other people's money...

Is that fair?
exactly, they create and build nothing. They manipulate and decimate thried world currencies.

All you have to do to see that is drive through most of middle America. Its a sprawl of dead mall and big box stores. Maybe a few hopitals. Oh and the Post Office, lol.

Old 10-04-2011, 09:24 PM

20,324 posts, read 19,909,198 times
Quote:
A doctor heals people and saves lives, a benefit to society....How does manipulation of other people's money provide any benefits to society?
As an investor who allows others to "manipulate" the money that I choose to give them, I've built up quite a healthy nest egg that should in turn allow my wife and I to live as we see fit and to pass any left-over assets on to my heirs.

Who could possibly have a problem with that?

Old 10-04-2011, 09:28 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
As an investor who allows others to "manipulate" the money that I choose to give them, I've built up quite a healthy nest egg that should in turn allow my wife and I to live as we see fit and to pass any left-over assets on to my heirs.

Who could possibly have a problem with that?
I have no problem with that...My problem is that I feel the money they keep for themselves is beyond excessive...They are greedy pigs.

Old 10-04-2011, 09:47 PM

7,808 posts, read 6,387,167 times
Quote:
I have no problem with that...My problem is that I feel the money they keep for themselves is beyond excessive...They are greedy pigs.

It's called free will. Their lifestyle is not your choice to make.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies