Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 08:05 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,386,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
I had no idea you were this dense, so I'll try just one more time. If wealth consisted only of natural resources then a PC would sell for around $10 bucks tops. Bill Gates CREATED wealth by conceiving and developing an idea and then marketing it. One creates wealth by satisfying a need for a good or service. The value of the operating system, software, hardware, and everything that goes in to making a PC and selling it EXCEEDS the value of the underlying physical commodities that make up an PC and everything that goes in to making one. That excess value, above and beyond the costs of manufacture and sales, is created wealth.

A diamond ring is worth more than the stone and metal used for the setting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2011, 01:02 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,238,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
There can be no economy without redistribution. Argue against that, if you can and show me how it works.
We should draw a big line between redistribution for the benefit of both parties involved (like when you willingly buy a product made by a craftsman), and Government redistribution where one party is forced to give up a large chunk of his income so that Government can spend that money however it wishes.

My family doesn't benefit one iota from multiple unwinnable foreign wars, pork, keeping the elite political class uber-wealthy, payback to already-rich Big Businesses for campaign contributions, feeding the massive Big Government bureaucracy, and growing Big Government ever-larger when its size has already crippled the economy.

And even though we pay through the nose for all this, we get NO SAY at all in how our money is spent. Most Americans do not support bankrupting ourselves for all these pointless wars, but Washington couldn't care less. Any politician who doesn't serve the Military-Industrial Complex is slandered in the media everyday and called "crazy" and "radical" (Ron Paul). And the sheeple never even notice they are being manipulated to support a Government that enslaves them.

Choosing between 2 clones who both serve corrupt Big Government is not a choice. We haven't had a "real" choice of President in the 50 years I've been alive.

Old 10-05-2011, 04:12 PM

1,378 posts, read 1,391,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Well if your are confused, perhaps read some Marx yourself. OK, do a Wiki or get some Cliff Notes.

Then take a look at all the Bolsheviks, scuse me, posters who constantly blather on about Wealth Redistribution (Asset Confiscation), Equality (Social Engineering), Harmful Language/Sensitivity/Hate Speech (State-Sanctioned Speech Control), and the ever-present Smear Jobs (calling Obama's critics 'Racist harks back to Soviet leaders calling their critics 'Decadent" or "Enemies of the State').

An objective person will easily see the connection.
There's no such thing as a truly objective person. And you and others like you are not even close.

Old 10-05-2011, 04:16 PM

1,569 posts, read 2,043,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Gee, maybe because every single Marxist society in history has been characterized by a colossal State that is all-encompassing and all-controlling.

Or did Tito, Honnecker, Mao, Castro, Ceausescu, Ulbricht, Zhivkov, and the Great Leader only show up at the office once or twice per year?
So simply because a person calls themselves a marxist, that makes it so?

Does that only apply to marxism?

Old 10-05-2011, 04:17 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,217,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimmerama View Post
So simply because a person calls themselves a marxist, that makes it so?

Does that only apply to marxism?
Many people call themselves Capitalist, does that make them so??

Old 10-05-2011, 04:18 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
And even though we pay through the nose for all this, we get NO SAY at all in how our money is spent. Most Americans do not support bankrupting ourselves for all these pointless wars, but Washington couldn't care less. Any politician who doesn't serve the Military-Industrial Complex is slandered in the media everyday and called "crazy" and "radical" (Ron Paul). And the sheeple never even notice they are being manipulated to support a Government that enslaves them.

Choosing between 2 clones who both serve corrupt Big Government is not a choice. We haven't had a "real" choice of President in the 50 years I've been alive.
We had a choice in 1964.

Old 10-05-2011, 07:17 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,573,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
I am a little confused...

Since Marxist seems to the the right wing term du jour (RushGlenn must be using it more)... I'd like to know from the right wingers who use the term constantly, what is your definition of Marxist?

Are the people you call Marxists truly Marxists, or is it yet another convenient label to simply complex issues and positions in to what sounds like a clever retort?
there is nothing complex about marxist. all you need to know is that it does not lead to a free society!! the useful idiots dont understand this because they are idiots. nothing clever or complex!

Old 10-05-2011, 08:29 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,179,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
Just like people who call themselves righteous, just, and insist they are always right about everything all the time...the faultless.

Old 10-05-2011, 08:31 PM

1,569 posts, read 2,043,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
I don't see why not.

Old 10-06-2011, 08:03 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimmerama View Post
I don't see why not.
Well, Hitler was a Christian, because he called himself that. No?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies