Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 03:51 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,352,042 times

Advertisements

I advise that people go to a tarot card reader and inquire as to cancel your BOA account. It's the same approach as going by what some Democrat politico telss you to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2011, 03:58 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,015,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I'm not making decisions for anyone, but if I had an account with BOA, I'd close it.
Or if you'd really want to make a statement, you'd have NO money
in any bank. I find it funny that folks actually think there is a
difference in "emotion in banks" It's all for the
money, honey

Old 10-05-2011, 04:45 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,745,357 times
Durbin is the imbecile who caused the problem in the first place. Voters should toss that jerk out of office!

Old 10-05-2011, 04:52 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,806,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Durbin is the imbecile who caused the problem in the first place. Voters should toss that jerk out of office!
Durbin is the CEO and makes the decisions for bank of america? That's a new one BOA has always been known for their cronyism and their latest scam to screw people is their own stupid business decision.

Old 10-05-2011, 05:32 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,373,819 times
I never banked with BoA but they got on my ****list a few years ago when I found out they were aggressively targeting illegal aliens as customers for home mortgages.

Old 10-05-2011, 06:49 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,745,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Durbin is the CEO and makes the decisions for bank of america? That's a new one BOA has always been known for their cronyism and their latest scam to screw people is their own stupid business decision.
Read and learn.

You can thank Wal-Mart for your new debit-card fee « Hot Air Headlines

Old 10-05-2011, 11:39 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
If I was B of A, I would make it VERY public, that these fees are in response to the Dodd-Frank bill. The fees will stand as long as that bill is in place - or - debit card services may end.

The best course of action to remove the fees would be to compel Congress to repeal Dodd-Frank.

Old 10-05-2011, 11:45 AM

78,326 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Democrats criticize BofA, encourage customers to close accounts - latimes.com

This is good. It feels like there's a new movement developing in America. Regular people have had enough of big businesses and the wealthy raping them for every cent they've got.
I'm not shocked that the guys that created the fees via legislation then SCAPEGOAT the banks after the fact.

Then their sheep cheer them for "protecting the little guy".

Lastly, I'm not a big fan of politicians using their bully pulpit to try to influence private business....lest we find out guys like this have lots of stock in a rival company?

Frankly, if I own a business and someone like that starts in on me....I want to know if his wife, family etc. own a rival biz or are on the board of directors etc. so I can sue them and have them also removed from office on an ethics violation.

Wait for the mandatory healthcare premiums to start kicking in on the 20-somethings in 2012. Of course they will blame the greedy healthcare companies.

Old 10-05-2011, 11:45 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post

You people are ridiculous. You need the democrats to tell you when to move to another company when your current company charges you too much? Not to mention it is your own idiotic policies that created this issue in the first place.
Exactly right, but the Obamabots will just blame it all on the GOP/Tea Party, as if the Democrats had zero corporate interests bankrolling them.

HuffPo's Arianna Huffington began the Move Your Money campaign three years ago, before the Democrats' ballyhooed credit card "reform". It's the one thing I can agree 100% with her on.

Old 10-05-2011, 12:12 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,428,238 times
Rep. Brad Miller (D-N.C.), a member of the Financial Services Committee, introduced a bill Tuesday that would bar banks from imposing fees on people who close accounts

Why the hell is that allowed to start with??? Is that kind of legal screw the customer allowed in any other business?

"Excuse me Sir, I notice you're leaving the store"
"yes I am"
"I'm afraid there's a $5 charge for that Sir"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies